Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Knights of Blackgaard

I'm not underestimating them - I think they actually look really cool - I'm just saying that Hawthorne is a terrible choice with them, which is, IMO, a theme fail.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

When you have 90 points left in a Blackgaard army, Hawthorne is easily your best choice, IMO. He's not the best figure to put in a Blackgaard build (the Incendiborgs are), but Hawthorne is not a terrible choice at all.
Old July 25th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

But Hawthorne is, like all bonding heroes, at his best when bonding. When taken with the Knights of Blackgaard, he can't be taken with a bonding squad without breaking their bonus. He works better with the Death Knights than with his own troops. He works better with his worst enemies than his own troops. Something that could have been a cool, thematic contingent is one that works badly together unless their leader is simply a filler. I have no issues with these guys themselves, but I'd really love to see some other 'dark knight' unit down the line that synergises with Hawthorne and is Relentless, so that there's some compelling reason to take that thematic army.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
When you have 90 points left in a Blackgaard army, Hawthorne is easily your best choice, IMO. He's not the best figure to put in a Blackgaard build (the Incendiborgs are), but Hawthorne is not a terrible choice at all.
I'm not convinced that 3x Air Elemental wouldn't be better in most matchups. Here's why:
IMO, it looks like theres two main compeitive blackgaard builds:
Steamrolleresque one, where you throw in as many blackgaard as you can and just strong arm the other army. Then theres the more comp one, a ton of blackgaard and the incendiborgs.

Neither of these benefit from a single space melee hero with average move even with a special. The incendiborgs already have a special, and if you save him for cleanup he's dead to range and is liable to betray. The steamroller blackgaard need to push the front no matter what, they don't have time to move up a single spaced melee hero. Air Eles x3, on the other hand, would be useful in both builds in regard to melee matchups and cleanup plus Raelin assassination is totally feasable. Heck, VVx2 in the hopes of them just going crazy with the 20 d is probably better.
Edit: I think it still is pretty thematic, however, that in a Weston vs Blackgaard in which Hawthorne is on the Weston side, he has the chance to betray and fit right in with the blackgaard.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; July 25th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 01:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd much rather have Hawthorne than AEx3 against WoA or rats.
Old July 25th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I see WoA, but rats? How'd you keep Hawthorne up with your main army without losing precious attacking turns?

Old July 25th, 2014, 02:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
I see WoA, but rats? How'd you keep Hawthorne up with your main army without losing precious attacking turns?
By moving him up first?

More to the point, what was I going to do with the Air Elementals?
Old July 25th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
By moving him up first?

More to the point, what was I going to do with the Air Elementals?
In that matchup probably nothing. But in other mostly melee ones, the AE can buy you extra time to set up and are capable of assassinating Raelin. And I just don't see how Hawthorne wouldn't get torn apart by whatever the Rats are guarding. He's got no range, he can't stay back and pester them he has to get up in their faces. He's reslient, but I just don't see him taking out enough rats before he falls to range.

Old July 25th, 2014, 10:13 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I think Utgar Human Champion Bonding would have been cool, and could have added a nice touch to them. I am guessing it was tested though and found to be too powerful?
I don't remember it, but it might have been in the initial playtests. To be honest I think people underestimate them too much. 8 attacks of 4 (or 5 from height) on back to back turns can be brutal and really decimate things.
The only the earliest version of KoB had any kind of bonding power. That version never left the brainstorming phase. Originally they were slotted with 4 attack and 5 defense at 100 points...that of course came down. Also their first name was the Knights of Black Drake. Enough nostalgia for tonight. Enjoy the evil knights who don't care that much for their captain.
Old October 31st, 2014, 10:02 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Knights of Blackgaard

One of my armies for NHSD was Augamo & 3x KoB. They preformed very well. I recommend them.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old October 31st, 2014, 10:34 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent! I'm very pleased to hear it. It was difficult to pin them down.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 4th, 2014, 07:34 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Continuing from @WOOKIE 's post, when I faced them with Heavy Gruts/Ornak Podge, I wasn't really scared of them. The board (a fairly hilly dungeon scene), seemed to have caused the Knights the most trouble. From the posts I've read in this Book thread, a steamroller style army is a major playstyle. Hilly boards can make it difficult to get board control (especially true with their weakened Initiative roll) early on and then fairly mobile units dont have too hard of a time ripping them apart (there were some rounds where WOOKIE had engaged Knights, but they were much too late). On the flipside, Augamo made a great complement to the otherwise puny Knights. His high stats definately bust down most mobilty/utility units.

At least mobile units got a boost from these guys, while I suspect the slow-rolling melee armies took a hit.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs