Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Live from TotalCon XXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Don't forget to check out Mombo's sig.

That is sooooooooo wrong.

-insert signature here-
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

General Wars

WINNER: ILikePie (def ????)

-insert signature here-
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

You know, I didn't realize that was ILikePi until the absolute very end of the tournament?

As an aside, it should be also stated that there were a number of sellers in the dealer hall selling Heroscape. Some had some awesome stuff too (cough cough like the two packs of Sasquatch/Rock guys for $13.99 each cough cough). Maybe there is still hope of finding those last few packs we all need?

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
You know, I didn't realize that was ILikePi until the absolute very end of the tournament?

As an aside, it should be also stated that there were a number of sellers in the dealer hall selling Heroscape. Some had some awesome stuff too (cough cough like the two packs of Sasquatch/Rock guys for $13.99 each cough cough). Maybe there is still hope of finding those last few packs we all need?
As you claim your Sasquatches which apparently are highly valueable, you are missing the title "That Guy" for playing Valkrill in General Wars, and from what I've heard, failing?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:42 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

As you claim your Sasquatches which apparently are highly valueable, you are missing the title "That Guy" for playing Valkrill in General Wars, and from what I've heard, failing?
Hey, what can I say? I'm that guy

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
I had my first genuine tie against Hoyle in the semi-final: my frost giant dying-swiped his DW8000. I
Just out of curiosity, why did his DW8000 choose to use its normal attack if it was adjacent?
Because we both forgot it existed.

This event was my first use of the Frost Giant and this game was the first where Dying Swipe was relevant.
Ah, I see. Because IIRC DW8000's Rapid Fire Special attack is the same as his normal attack, or unless height was involved it would have been the same roll, and Special Attacks don't trigger dying swipe, so if he destroyed the frost giant and then found out he could have won the game if he had just chosen the special attack instead--that'd be a major forehead slapper.
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had my first genuine tie against Hoyle in the semi-final: my frost giant dying-swiped his DW8000. I
Just out of curiosity, why did his DW8000 choose to use its normal attack if it was adjacent?
Because we both forgot it existed.

This event was my first use of the Frost Giant and this game was the first where Dying Swipe was relevant.
Ah, I see. Because IIRC DW8000's Rapid Fire Special attack is the same as his normal attack, or unless height was involved it would have been the same roll, and Special Attacks don't trigger dying swipe, so if he destroyed the frost giant and then found out he could have won the game if he had just chosen the special attack instead--that'd be a major forehead slapper.
He did have height, so it was definitely a conscious decision to get that extra die.
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:54 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
As it has been said, it was an awesome weekend. It made for a (possible) last hurrah for me competing in New England.

By the way, Mezzodemon's are good. Playing 5x squads in a General Wars tournament was pretty amusing...ok REALLY amusing.

Yes...in General Wars...Mombo was THAT GUY
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:

Well he could have been stuck wearing a Dolphin hat instead
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
has been BANNED

Thanks everyone for coming out, I hope you all had fun.

Special thanks to those of you that played Space Station Omega...your input was really helpful.

Thanks again to truth and Plaid Hat Games for the Prize Support for the Summoner Wars events...they were not as full as we had hoped but we did get to show the game to some folks who never played before and they really enjoyed it. My son took second in one of the SW events and we ended up giving his prize (a copy of one of the starters) to a kid (he was around 8 or 9) who came to learn the game on the first day and then pretty much brought every one he could get to come with him to come over and play it.

We have some plans for next year as some of you already know. I have 3 1 day registrations to give out for next year and am trying to come up with a creative way to distribute them.

Also for anyone who missed out...we are changing things up a little for next year...

The initial plan is to have Saturday be the BIG DAY for Scape. Since we know that people who come to play for the whole weekend like the variety of themes for the events we are going to run an event called....

HEROSCAPE: MIXED BAG on Saturday. We are also planning a team event for Sunday.

Stay tuned for more details
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Well he could have been stuck wearing a Dolphin hat instead
Yeah, I still bare those scars. <shudder>

-insert signature here-
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Can anyone remember Jim Reed's and Kildawabit's armies winning armies from Friday?

I started to try and find out while I was thre over the weekend, but got sidetracked.

I heard that Jim played elves, does anyone know the combination? How about:

Ulginesh: 150
Arkmer: 50
Jorhdawn: 90
Chardris/Morsbane: 100
???: 60

Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News