Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old April 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt View Post
I would say, don't play to beat him, play to have one more game in that shop before you move.

As for judgement with EDH vs Standard, I'd assume that he fairs about the same in either, disregarding the luck factor.
Cupidsart sighting!

Actually I had a legitimate question about Spine of Ish Sah.

I pulled this card awhile back and tried using it a couple of times. I see a lot of people claiming that it's a really good card, but it never seems to work for me very well. I'm paying 7 mana to remove one card, which seems like an awful lot. I like that it can hit anything, but I almost always have a better option to spend the mana on. Can someone explain what the big deal is about this card?
Will do. Forgive me for posting it first...

First, this is one of the few cards which targets Planeswalkers, so right there it's a big one. With cards like Jace and Ajani running rampant in the meta, it's a big card to include in your sideboard. But, that in all honestly is a minor bonus.

The most important thing is that it's a permanent. With a set such as Mirrodin that has so many cards which focus upon artifacts and the number of artifacts you have in play, this card is big. The fact also states too, it's one of the few bounce removal there is. When this card goes to the graveyard (such as sac'ing it from an ability, destroying it etc) it goes back to your hand.

Yeah, it's expensive, but given the fact it can easily be a combo piece so easily, and it can target literally anything in play...it just makes it that much better. I'd pay 7 to remove nearly anything I want. I actually play a couple in my various EDH decks.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt View Post
I would say, don't play to beat him, play to have one more game in that shop before you move.

As for judgement with EDH vs Standard, I'd assume that he fairs about the same in either, disregarding the luck factor.
Cupidsart sighting!

Actually I had a legitimate question about Spine of Ish Sah.

I pulled this card awhile back and tried using it a couple of times. I see a lot of people claiming that it's a really good card, but it never seems to work for me very well. I'm paying 7 mana to remove one card, which seems like an awful lot. I like that it can hit anything, but I almost always have a better option to spend the mana on. Can someone explain what the big deal is about this card?
Will do. Forgive me for posting it first...

First, this is one of the few cards which targets Planeswalkers, so right there it's a big one. With cards like Jace and Ajani running rampant in the meta, it's a big card to include in your sideboard. But, that in all honestly is a minor bonus.

The most important thing is that it's a permanent. With a set such as Mirrodin that has so many cards which focus upon artifacts and the number of artifacts you have in play, this card is big. The fact also states too, it's one of the few bounce removal there is. When this card goes to the graveyard (such as sac'ing it from an ability, destroying it etc) it goes back to your hand.

Yeah, it's expensive, but given the fact it can easily be a combo piece so easily, and it can target literally anything in play...it just makes it that much better. I'd pay 7 to remove nearly anything I want. I actually play a couple in my various EDH decks.
The real reason it is so expensive, is it is colorless permanent removal.

This means a few things:

1. It gives every color the ability to "Destroy" something. Black is great at killing creatures, but can't touch artifacts and enchantments. Now a mono Black can get rid of pesky artifacts and enchantments. Green can Destroy artifacts and Enchantments just fine, but has a problem against creatures. Etc.

2. It dodges protection. The only thing that protects against this is Shroud and Protection from Artifacts (far less common then Protection from colors)

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Drew another Mystic rare the other day! I'm not sure I'll ever actually get to play him (12 mana is a SICK cost) but he's basically a game ender if I do... and he's a great 'god creature' to have in my infect deck!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
Drew another Mystic rare the other day! I'm not sure I'll ever actually get to play him (12 mana is a SICK cost) but he's basically a game ender if I do... and he's a great 'god creature' to have in my infect deck!
With something like that, you may want to find a way to cheat him onto the field, such as:

or:

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
With something like that, you may want to find a way to cheat him onto the field, such as:

or:

+

All great suggestions!

I'm in the process of building a deck myself which will utilize Blightsteel Colossus, but it's going to be a combo deck using this card...

and...

A friend and I were talking about something like this. He's looking into using the Anvil to cheapen the new Myr coming out. I'm looking at the Anvil to help get the transmuter into play faster.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, I'll need a Spine of Ish Shah too...

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Of course, this is the ultimate way to cheat BSC or any other big fat artifact into play:

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the tips guys, looks like I'll be dropping some more cheddah on some cards soon!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

What's the typical breakdown you guys use? I know it can vary from deck to deck, but I'm sure there is a general ballpark figure.

I'm taking about what percentage of your decks are lands, creatures, artifacts, etc...

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; May 2nd, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here is an awesome thread about deck construction:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...thering/page/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:34 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've finally figured out the type of deck that I want to make and have figured out the cards that I need in it, which means I finally have a proper want list. I can do one of three things for my haves. I can either make a list of the rares and foils (leaves a lot of stuff out), just look at other people's wants and hope that I have something (leaves a lot to chance), or make a video of my binder (difficult to view). If you have any of my wants and are interested in trading please let me know in a PM. All of my wants are from Zendikar or newer, so I have pretty high hopes of someone having them. Major wants are bolded.

1x Mirrorworks.
4x Grindclock.
2x Gold Myr.
2x Trinket Mage.
3x Vedelken Infuser.
1x Steady Progress.
2x Phyrexian Rebirth. (I would like the horror token if you have it, but it's not required)
3x Traumatize.
2x Inexorable Tide.
2x Wall of Tanglecord.
4x Silver Myr.
1x Hedron Crab.

Thanks for looking.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
I've finally figured out the type of deck that I want to make and have figured out the cards that I need in it, which means I finally have a proper want list. I can do one of three things for my haves. I can either make a list of the rares and foils (leaves a lot of stuff out), just look at other people's wants and hope that I have something (leaves a lot to chance), or make a video of my binder (difficult to view). If you have any of my wants and are interested in trading please let me know in a PM. All of my wants are from Zendikar or newer, so I have pretty high hopes of someone having them. Major wants are bolded.

1x Mirrorworks.
4x Grindclock.
2x Gold Myr.
2x Trinket Mage.
3x Vedelken Infuser.
1x Steady Progress.
2x Phyrexian Rebirth. (I would like the horror token if you have it, but it's not required)
3x Traumatize.
2x Inexorable Tide.
2x Wall of Tanglecord.
4x Silver Myr.
1x Hedron Crab.

Thanks for looking.
I have for trade off your list:
Mirrorworks
Gold Myr x2
Veldelkan Infuser x3
Steady Progress
Phyrexian Rebirth x2
Truamatize x1
Inexorable Tide x2
Wall of Tanglecord x2
Silver Myr x4

I don't have really specific wants, so if you could PM me your Type 2 rares that'd be great.

Also, are you going to the New Phyreia Pre-release this weekend? I would take stuff from NP for these cards.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM

Anyone else pumped for the pre release? I haven't been to one since Rise of Eldrazi so I am pretty stoked.

Sadly, I don't get to play tournament Magic often at all (my choice really because I don't like Standard.)

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games