Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tournament Director (updated January 28, 2008)

Note. If you can't get Tournament Director to run, the most likely reason is that you don't have the Microsoft .net framework installed. You can download it here. If this doesn't fix the problem let me know but I'll have no idea what to do after that.
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:27 AM

Tauren_Marine is surprisingly tart

One question about this, when you input the points for the match, is it supposed to be the points that the player destroyed or the points that the player had in his army at the end of the match?
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren_Marine View Post
One question about this, when you input the points for the match, is it supposed to be the points that the player destroyed or the points that the player had in his army at the end of the match?
For the losing player, you count the number of points they destroyed. The winning player gets no points.
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

I have a fancy new website and the page for Tournament Director is here.

I would also appreciate it if anyone who has used this program post here a little note about where, when it was used and how many people were at the tournament. Something simple like "Hi, I used your program in Kalamazoo, Ohio for the 'Scape Tourny' in August 2008. About 15 people attended." would be great.

The program itself hasn't changed much. Just better documentation.

Last edited by Sisyphus; August 11th, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is an incredibly great idea. I've seen it be useful at some tournaments I've attended. A few questions:

Is SoS considered in generating the pairings?
Is it possible to turn SoS off?
Is it possible to enter in negative ranking points for results (the losing player of a point-differential-scored match)?
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
This is an incredibly great idea. I've seen it be useful at some tournaments I've attended. A few questions:

Is SoS considered in generating the pairings?
No pairings are made randomly among players with the same W-L records.

Quote:
Is it possible to turn SoS off?
Is it possible to enter in negative ranking points for results (the losing player of a point-differential-scored match)?
No to both. Once I have time I will come up with a more customizable ranking system that isn't too complicated.
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

on your site the navigational pane on the left covers a large spot of the comment typing field. it actually types behind it until the text passes it.
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
on your site the navigational pane on the left covers a large spot of the comment typing field. it actually types behind it until the text passes it.
That's disturbing. What browser are you using? It shows up perfectly for me in IE and firefox. Obviously it didn't work for you because you posted everything in the 'name' field.

Edit that should have fixed - had some non compliant html which I removed.

Last edited by Sisyphus; August 11th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

was IE 6. looks much better now!
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Tournament Director Updated! (August 19, 2009)

New features:

1. Tournament Director now supports single-elimination rounds and tournaments. TD will organize Swiss-style rounds like before but if desired can also setup any number of elimination-rounds to produce a champion.

2. Now you can customize how TD ranks players.

3. Various minor improvements.

4. Tournament Director now saves tournament files in an xml format. If you wish to develop your own applications using tournament data and know how to parse xml files(there should be easy to use libraries in any language) you can. Want to make a program to generate prettily formatted match results? Want to calculate statistics based on a group of tournaments? You can.

Screenshot of new feature:

I would also appreciate it if anyone who has used this program post here a little note about where, when it was used and how many people were at the tournament. Something simple like "Hi, I used your program in Kalamazoo, Ohio for the 'Scape Tourny' in August 2008. About 15 people attended." would be great.
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks, great, Sisyphus. Just in time for my tournament in a month.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Silly Kid

I downloaded it and also downloaded the .net framework. However, there is an error that occurs while it's running if you click "Swiss Standings". The message says(I've typed it out):

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

There was a drop-down button for details. I've copied and pasted it here:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at TournamentDirector.StandingsControl.UpdateData()
   at TournamentDirector.Form_Main.Tabs_Main_Selected(Object sender, TabControlEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelected(TabControlEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TournamentDirector
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rick/My%20Documents/Hscape%20tournament/TournamentDirector/TournamentDirector.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Utilities
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rick/My%20Documents/Hscape%20tournament/TournamentDirector/Utilities.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
If I clicked Continue, it would pop up again if I clicked "Swiss Standings" again. Quit would close Tournament director.

I hope you can use this information to improve the program. Thanks in advance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software