Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Get the deet!

Off-camera announcer, with dramatic music in the background: "Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Burt's Beer Two Year Anniversary Celebration, featuring all your favorite cast of characters!

"The President and CEO of Burt's Beer, Burt!"

Burt: "If any of my employees are watching this while you're supposed to be working, you're fired!"

"Sock Puppet!"

Sock Puppet: "Ready to assist!"

"Pam!"

Pam: "Check your survival kit in case a natural disaster strikes. Do it now!!!"

"Mike!"

Mike: "Not my fault! I have witnesses."

"Nurse Rechet!"

Nurse Rechet: "Get back in bed!"

"Our special guest-star, C3G's Anti-Monitor!"

Anti-Monitor: "You're all erased from existence!"

"And now, presenting our Masters of Ceremony, the Dynamic Duo of the sports broadcasting world, Bob and Dave!"

David: "Happy Anniversary, Sports Freaks! Bob, this thread has been incredibly fun for us. When I look at the index on the first post, I'm simply astounded at all the amazing battles and stories we've seen. So, what is your favorite moment?"

Bob: "It's certainly not the time you drank that stupid tea that smells like smoke. When the studio actually caught fire, I thought it was the tea."

David: "Oh, yeah, that was pretty bad. Hey, Pam! What is your favorite moment?"

Pam: "It certainly isn't the time you and Mike pulled that childish stunt in announcing Bob and I were dead."

David: "Sorry. We thought it was pretty funny. Sock Puppet? How about you? Do you have a favorite moment?"

Sock Puppet: "It certainly isn't the time Arcade trapped me in a giant dryer and tried to kill me."

David: "I never realized my thread was so traumatic. Mike? Do you have... oh, never mind. You're Mike."

Mike: "Yeah, this thread has really been peachy for me, David. I would say I enjoyed our Round Table discussion, but you all shot down my brilliant suggestion for triangular tables."

David: "Apparently I'm the only one who didn't get up on the wrong side of bed. I'm really having a difficult time choosing a favorite, but I really like the way the C3G vs. Helmiverse Smackdown story evolved. Despite the mistakes I made, I think the battles created a nice level of drama, and I still go back and read it periodically."

Bob: "Yes, that was a nice story. And despite the fact that you make fun of my lovely wife, and despite the fact that I'm the only sane person in a cast of weirdos, -- except you, Sock Puppet -- I'm proud to be a part of it. So, are we ready to announce the results in our third round of the Battle Bites Tournament?"

David: "Absolutely, gang! And guess what? We have received a submission for three battles from our FotT, Red Eyed Jedi! REJ, we'd all like to thank you for your generous participation. And since you've been kind enough to join in the action, we've decided to allow your battles to break any ties we have. So, thanks again!"

Pam: "FotT???"

David: "Friend of the Thread, Pam. And we have a lot of friends. Our thread is currently over 27,000 views, which is awesome. We've been stickied thanks to tcglkn and IAmBatman. quozl has joined in the action in a couple of our battles. We have several folks who have popped in and given us words of encouragement. And, this thread has been rated at 5 stars by some of our friends."

Bob: "David, I think that's probably been my favorite part of these two years: the fans. Of course, the burns from that fire took me down, and there was that time a monster grabbed us and tore us apart. But I do love the fans."

David: "Nobody likes a whiner, Bob! We'll take a brief commercial break, and we'll return with the results of our first battle!"

Off-camera announcer: "Stay tuned, Sports Fans! Don't forget, this celebration is brought to you by the good folks at Burt's Beer. Burt's Beer: We're running out of slogans."
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Year 2, Round 3

Off-camera announcer: "Welcome back! And now, here are Bob and Dave!"

David: "We hope you spent that commercial enjoying the delightfully squalid taste of Burt's Beer."

Bob: "Now you're talking, David! I love my Burt's Beer as much as you love Anti-Monitor."

David: "Yes, and Anti-Monitor doesn't give me diarrhea. Now, let's get to the first battle in this round. I played my battles during a lovely Saturday afternoon at Long Hunter State Park. While other folks were grilling, spending quality time with their families, and having fun in and around Percy Priest Lake, I was sitting at a picnic table having fun watching these battles, and I took some pictures to share!"

Bob: "Isn't that the park where you thought you left your battle mats?"

David: "Yeah, that's the one."

Bob: "I think you probably lost your mind there. And Red Eyed Jedi indicated that he played his battles with his buddy, dxash. Their battles were fought on Grundy's Grave, which is one of C3G's maps."

David: "I simply spread out my water battle mat and placed some tiles randomly. Ok, here's our first battle!"

Team Kraven vs. Team Rhino

Spoiler Alert!

Bob: "You really should've invited us to watch the battle. I would've brought a big cooler of Burt's Beer and some brats."

David: "Oh, shoot. That would've been yummy. Maybe I can take you up on that some other time. Let's cut to commercial and return with the next battle."

Off-camera announcer: "The fun continues when we return. Burt's Beer: Now featuring huge chunks of brats in every can!"
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Off-camera announcer: "Where have you been? Let's join Bob and Dave!"

David: "Ok, now we're ready to announce our second battle. Pam? You spend a lot of time in the outdoors. Have you ever set out a nice battle at a picnic table?"

Pam: "No, David. I'm usually scouting for resources. If you want to survive, you have to focus on effecting rescue."

David: "But I watched Survivorman, and he sometimes has his harmonica with him to keep his spirits up."

Pam: "I really don't play a musical instrument."

David: "But you can play Heroscape, can't you?"

Pam: "David, I can't think of any scenario where I would find myself lost and stranded while toting a massive amount of terrain tiles, figures, dice, and markers. So I only start my survival excursions with only the items I would expect a normal person to have in a similar situation. And during my training camps, I'm too busy working with my students to play games."

David: "I do enjoy watching those shows, Pam. I've only gone day hiking. I can't imagine what you go through on your trips."

Pam: "What do you put in your backpack, David?"

David: "I'll carry some water, a rain jacket, an extra shirt in case i need an extra layer, a first aid kit, a tiny shovel and some toilet paper. I think that's it."

Pam: "You should also carry some trail mix, a map of the trail, and you should wear a whistle around your neck in case you find yourself injured and you need to signal for help."

David: "I think my screaming at the top of my lungs would be good enough to signal for help."

Pam: "A whistle will make a louder sound and will travel a lot farther than your voice. Bring your pack some time, and I'll suggest some additional things and show you how to properly pack your gear. Even during a day hike, you must take precautions."

David: "Lately I've been walking in various city parks and trails. The really great trails I used to frequent are about 2-3 hours driving distance, and I've been cutting back on the gas I've used."

Pam: "If you're walking in an open area, then I suppose you could get by with less. But it's still important for you to keep the habit of preparing yourself for those times you do decide to head out to more isolated areas."

David: "Pam, thank you! We're probably boring our viewers, but we always cut you off when you start talking about your occupation. I wanted to give you a chance to share your knowledge with us, because you do great work for us with our battles."

Pam: "Wow, thanks. Let's announce the results of our second battle."

David: "Certainly!"

Team Sandman vs. Team Doctor Octopus

Spoiler Alert!

Pam: "That's two battles down for the Bad Teams."

David: "Coming up, we'll have the first battle featuring the Good Teams. Stay tuned, folks!"

Off-camera announcer: "This 2 Year Special continues after this break. Burt's Beer: Drink it before it clots."
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Off-camera announcer: "We're back. Here are Bob and Dave!"

Bob: "Mike, we don't spend enough time bantering when you're filling in, so let's sit and chat for a bit. How do you like this table?"

Mike: "It's a triangle! Thanks a lot, Bob. See? Wasn't I right? Isn't this better than round or rectangular tables?"

Bob: "Not if you seating more than 3 people, Mike. So, what's new with you?"

Mike: "Not much."

Bob: "Did you do anything interesting over the past weekend?"

Mike: "Not really."

Bob: "Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming weekend?"

Mike: "Not really. Nope."

Bob (sighs): "Oh, I remember you like opera."

Mike: "Yes!"

Bob: "So, have you seen any good operas lately?"

Mike: "I watched Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro again. I just love the way that second act ends. Mozart is wonderful."

Bob: "Sounds interesting. How does the second act end?"

Mike: "The curtain falls and they have an intermission."

Bob (after a long pause): "Uh, nice chatting with ya, Mike."

Mike: "The pleasure has been all mine."

Bob: "Yes it has."

Mike: "So, what happened during the third battle?"

Team Daredevil vs. Team Psylocke

Spoiler Alert!

Mike: "One more battle to go! This is so exciting!"

Bob: "Stay tuned, everyone!"

Off-camera announcer: "Why not celebrate this anniversary with a nice, dented can of Burt's Beer. Burt's Beer: We'll get it right eventually."
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Off-camera announcer: "And now, Bob and Dave!"

David: "Thanks, mysterious voice in my head. Hey, Sock Puppet! Are you enjoying the celebration so far?"

Sock Puppet: "Absolutely, David! After this round, we'll have only three more battles to go!"

David: "That's right! This tournament has taken me some time to complete. I can't believe how I pulled off that first HelmAverse Cup Tournament in such a short time. I wanted to take some breaks so I could play some of the other games in my collection. You've really been a valuable member of our broadcast team, and I'm certain the others will join me in thanking you for all you do for us."

Sock Puppet: "I'm thrilled to be a part of this, and I'm always happy to assist when I'm needed."

David: "We're down to our final battle between Team Superman and Team Iron Man Mk IV. Are you ready?"

Sock Puppet: "I'm always ready!"

Team Superman vs. Team Iron Man Mk IV

Spoiler Alert!

David: "And that wraps up our third round. As Sock Puppet said, we only have three more battles to go! Which team will prevail? We hope you'll follow the exciting action!"

Bob: "David, we should also pass along our thanks to the fantastic folks whose creations have provided us with so many memorable moments."

David: "Absolutely! And thanks again to Red Eyed Jedi for his own Burt's Report, and thanks to all our fans!"

Bob, Pam, Mike, and Sock Puppet: "99 Bottles of Burt's on the wall! 99 Bottles of Burt's!"

Sock Puppet (deep voice): "If one of those bottles should happen to fall?"

David: "That's one less bottle of beer you'll have to drink! Good night!"

Challonge updated.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks again for letting us participate in your celebration, Dxash and I were drinking Burts Light while we was playing, all the taste of Burts but half the chunks!

REJ-proud to be a FotT!

C3G team building links.
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles

David: “Contractions are 5 minutes apart, Sports Fans! I’m David, and doing his breathing exercises is my good friend, Bob!”

Bob: “What are you talking about, anyway?”

David: “Labor Day, Bob. The time where people deliver babies!”

Bob: “I don’t think that’s what it means.”

David: “Well, excuse me, Bob. My wife may not wear a fancy fur coat, but she does wear a respectable Republican cloth coat!”

Bob (buries face in hands): “I’m not coming out of my Happy Place until I get to work with a normal person.”

David: “That was from Nixon’s Checkers Speech!”

Bob: “La! La! La! I can’t hear you!”

David: “Hey, I think this is the last can of Burt’s Beer.”

Bob: “What? Gimme! Gimme!”

David: “Ha! You were listening to me the entire time.”

Bob: “David, we’ve got our Semi-Final Battle in our Battle Bites Tournament that’s about to begin. If you don’t shape up, our commercial breaks will be 5 minutes apart, and your water’s about to break.”

David: “Later, Bob. We’ll begin with the battle to decide which of our Bad Teams will be the baddest to the bone! We have Team Kraven. Kraven has been marking his prey and taking them down.”

Bob: “They will face Team Sandman! Sandman and Doctor Light have plowed their way through the field. But only one team will earn the right to take on the winner of Team Good.”

David: “I think we’ve set the field pretty nicely.”

Bob: “Yes, I think so.”

David: “And I don’t care what anybody says, I’m keeping the dog.”

Bob: “Oh, brother!”

Off-camera announcer: “This Team Bad Battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: We are not a crook!”

Team Bad Semi-Final: Team Kraven vs. Team Sandman

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Bad to the bone!

Team Bad Semi-Final: Team Kraven vs. Team Sandman (continued)

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Bad to the bone!

David: “Bob! Look! Up in the sky!”

Bob: “It’s a bird!”

David: “No, it’s a plane!”

Bob: “No, it’s…”

Sock Puppet (appears from behind desk): “Me, ready to assist! Actually, I have the night off. Are we finished with your Superman sight gag?”

David: “Yep! Thanks, Sock Puppet!”

Sock Puppet: “No problem.” (disappears)

David: “I bet you couldn’t get O’Snap to do that.”

Bob: “Don’t even bring that up. Let’s get to our next battle.”

Off-camera announcer: “This Team Bad Battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: The beer that makes your stomach throw up-up-and-away!”

Team Good Semi-Final: Team Psylocke vs. Team Superman

Spoiler Alert!

Challonge updated
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles: Semi-Finals!

Burt: “Hello. I’m Burt, President and CEO of Burt’s Beer. On behalf of myself and only myself, welcome to the final battle in the Burt’s Beer Battle Bites Tournament. When my employees decide to be more productive, maybe they can join me in welcoming you. You hear that, bums? Get back to work!”

David: “Hey, Sports Fans! I’m Super-Dave, and sitting on a Kryptonite Throne is my buddy, Super-Bob!”

Bob: “Very funny, David. Both Team Kraven and Team Superman have taken down their competition admirably, but they will now face off in a final battle between Good and Evil. Who will win?”

David: “Superman!”

Bob: “You don’t know that.”

David: “No, actually I don’t. Kraven has been pretty brutal, but his team only has one special attack. That attack, Trickster’s Itching Powder Bomb, can only be used once.”

Bob: “That means that blanks will count as shields for Superman. That’ll be tough to beat, though a Bolas might weaken Superman some.”

David: “Let’s head down to the field!”

Off-camera announcer: “This finale is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: Are we there yet?”

Final Battle: Team Kraven vs. Team Superman

Spoiler Alert!

Challonge updated
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: davidlhsl's Battles: It's over!

All right! Nice Super-win!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:04 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: davidlhsl's Battles: It's over!

Superman is a Champion after all, no wonder he won it all!

These Battle Bites sized games are great for trying out new figures, that I wouldn't have thought to try on my own. Thanks for introducing it to our gaming group.

C3G team building links.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion