Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
C3G Factions/Groupings

Well I may not be the right person to do this. But I’m going to give it a shot.

I’m a relative comic newb, so I’m a bit out of my depth here. However, I have been thinking more and more about beginning to group the C3G (and MarvelScape) units into factions and groups. In part because some synergies are starting to really develop (like the Criminal Lords or Vigilantes), but also just so I can see better who is currently available as well as who “goes with” whom. (I like, for example, my Gotham Underworld entry in part because it gives me a quick glance at which Batman villains have been created.)

As I said above, I’m a newb. Sure, I’ve read some comics, but I don’t read them regularly (and haven’t in quite a while, really). My sense of supers is definitely shaped more by TV and film (and pop culture) than anything else. (I apologize in advance to those that I offend just by admitting that...)

Please let me know what you think.

For an excellent source of synergies by type, personality, etc., as well as a complete sortable source for all current C3G units, I highly recommend SirGalahad's C3G Index.

Adventurers and Scientists Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Agents Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Amazon Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Androids Faction (see also Iron Men, and Cybernetic Repair X)
Spoiler Alert!

Asgardians Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Assassins and Ninjas Faction (link to Criminal Faction)
Spoiler Alert!

Atlanteans Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Archers Bud (also see Sidekicks)

Champion Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Citizen Bud

Creatures Faction

Crime Lord Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Criminal Faction (link to Assassin Faction)
Spoiler Alert!

Cybernetic Repair X Bud

Fighter/Crime Fighter Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Frost Giant Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Green Lantern Faction

HYDRA/Terrorist Faction

Insane Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Investigator Bud

Iron Man Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Kree Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Kryptonian Faction

Spoiler Alert!

Legionnaire Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Magical

Mercenary Faction

Mutant Faction (see also Outcasts, Sentinels)
Spoiler Alert!

Orange Lantern Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Outcasts Faction

Qwardians Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Rogues Faction

Rulers Faction (Dr. Doom, & the Doombots)

Sentinel Bud (cf. Mutant Faction)
Spoiler Alert!

Sidekicks Faction (see also Vigilantes and Titans)
Spoiler Alert!

Simian Faction

Skrull Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Super Soldier/Patriotic Bud

Telepath Faction (cf. Simian Bud)
Spoiler Alert!

Thanagarian Bud
Spoiler Alert!

Thief Faction

Titans (also see Sidekicks and Vigilantes)

Undead bud

Vigilantes and Lawmen Faction (see Sidekicks)
Spoiler Alert!

Yellow Lantern Faction
Spoiler Alert!

The SuperLeftovers – (Hmm... Any groupings in here I missed? Anyone here belong somewhere else?)
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Don't worry, we'll still be here for you if you ever get more time in the future. Thanks for popping in!

So, who wants the OP the most? Goes to the first person to post "I want to control the OP here."
I want to control the OP here.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; May 10th, 2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: finished with wave 21
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Factions/Groupings

Groups and Teams - This post is now devoted to groups and teams, lists of who is available in these teams (and who we're waiting for), mostly for thematic use. I've tried to group all synergies above.

Avengers
Spoiler Alert!

Brotherhood of Mutants (see also Mutants)

Cosmic Threats

Defenders

Fantastic Four (see also Adventurers and Scientists)

Gotham Underworld (see also Criminal Faction, Vigilantes, etc.)
Spoiler Alert!

Injustice League

Justice League
Spoiler Alert!

Law Enforcement (see also Green Lantern Faction)

Rogues

Streets of New York (or the Web of Spider-Man)
Spoiler Alert!

X-Men (see also Mutants Faction and Telepath Bud)
Spoiler Alert!

Loners
Azrael (Jean-Paul Valley) (170 points) DC
Deadpool (Wade Wilson) (285 points) MARVEL
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) (380 points) MARVEL

Last edited by 1Mmirg; October 4th, 2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: whole new use for this post now
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unlike classic scape, they'll probably be some overlap with the C3G figures.

Deadpool is right at home in your insane faction. You might as well throw Bob in the insane faction as well, since he's really reliant on Deadpool.

Sentinels should be thrown in with mutants, to harness their abilities. Nowadays they protect mutants instead of collect them, so I could see them in either X-men or Brotherhood camps, or even both.

You might also want to start a seperate criminal faction and throw Lex in there.
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think Plastic Man is part of the Justice League.

And isn't Surfer sometimes a part of the Avengers? So he could probably be thrown in there.
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

This is tough. So many figures have been affilitated with so many different teams. For instance, the Avengers have had almost every Marvel hero as a member at one time.

In my opinion, it would easier to break out all the characters by Class, Personality and Species.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
This is tough. So many figures have been affilitated with so many different teams. For instance, the Avengers have had almost every Marvel hero as a member at one time.
Spider-man was at a point, I know. Heck, Spidey was part of the Fantastic Four! Or at least he wore a bag on his head while wearing their costume!

But I'm hoping Storm and Black Panther have synergies in the FF, once they get done, because I know they replaced Sue and Reed at a point, when I actually read the FF comics.
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd put Jonah Hex in the Law Enforcement category, since he boosts/ is a Lawmen, and it seems rather likely that future police heroes would be Lawmen, or have synergy with Lawmen, or something like that.

Surfer and Spider-Man and such have been Avengers, but Spider-Man is usually off in his own little world, and Silver Surfer is either out in space or - on Earth - generally affiliated with the Defenders, alongside Hulk, Namor, and Doctor Strange.

Solomon Grundy MIGHT fit with the Gotham Underworld, being a sometimes Bat-villain, but, I dunno, he might not. There may be room for a Legion of Doom category to throw him into... though, to be honest, I'm not really sure they'd have much synergy.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This is a great idea, and a tool I will be using for creating thematic armies. Thanks.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Great comments, everyone. I'll sort through them tomorrow--can't believe I missed Jonah and Deadpool :doh:--great help, all, thanks!

I know that some of these groupings will be forced and some will be opinion, but they will help create some thematic cores. (And I will likely create some sub-categories (perhaps for Spidey in the Avengers, for example).

I'm thinking of (as the project grows) saving the top for factions (a la IAB's Heroscape project--groups with synergy) and then using the second post, that I saved, to be for "Teams" or something along those lines (since the Avengers--whoever exactly we decide fits there--don't (yet?) really have any synergy). We'll see, but I will definitely be playing with this over the months/years to come. This will definitely grow.

(Can't wait to add the FF to the lists above .)
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm probably worse at this, but I believe Poison Ivy and Bob go with Team Insano as well.

And yes, there's more love for the lawman group on the way.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to see Catwoman listed in the Criminals/Crimelords faction. While she's doesn't fit into the mob/gang theme you sort of have going there, she's most often portrayed as a cat burglar. She is a criminal (at least as much as the Riddler is).

I aslo agree with the posts about moving Deadpool*, Bob, and Poison Ivy up with the rest of the crazies.

*Though is Deadpool really crazy? It was my understanding he was just aware that he's a character in a comic book . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 28th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Lex Luthor is definitely in the Criminal Faction.
I agree with all the other stuff people are saying too, especially Jonah Hex in the lawman faction and Poison Ivy, Bob, and Deadpool in the Insane faction. Plastic Man definitely goes with the JLA as well.
For teams, I think you should just stick "Classic" before the titles and then keep Spidey and Surfer out of the Avengers and anyone other than the first four and She-Hulk out of the Fan Four, for instance.
Then, as you suggested, you could have a sub category, like "Avengers Variations" where you could put "extended family members." Heck, you could do that for the X-Men ("X-Men variations") and probably list just about all of the Brotherhood!
If you want to keep the top just synergy based, though, you should probably go with a "Mutant" army based around Professor X, and then save the X-Men/Brotherhood team split for later.
Oh, and I'd say Professor X, Jean Grey, and Martian Manhunter make for at least a Telepath Faction Bud, with more help coming eventually!

P.S. I'm adding this to the Public Directory!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy