Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Nakita Card wrote:
Engagement Strike 15: If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to a Nikita Agent, roll the 20_sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with a Nikita Agent.
Got it! I say no because you are being trown not willfully moving. Where's Nether?
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor
Nakita Card wrote:
Engagement Strike 15: If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to a Nikita Agent, roll the 20_sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with a Nikita Agent.
Got it! I say no because you are being trown not willfully moving. Where's Nether?
But what about being thrown into lava? You didn't move there willingly, you were thrown there. So do you not take lava damage? I see the situations as quite analogous
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Nakita Card wrote:
But what about being thrown into lava? You didn't move there willingly, you were thrown there. So do you not take lava damage? I see the situations as quite analogous
Yeah I see that, but thats a terrian conditions that don't vary from card to card.
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Nakita Card wrote:
I'd be more inclined to agree if they had swords, so I could envision them implaling the tossee when Jotun does the tossing. I thought I remembered the answer to this being given a while ago. But I do see good points on both sides. What is with you people and coming up with these questions?!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I honestly see it as when you come into engagement with a Nakita and it was not the Nakita that did the moving, you take the engagement strike...which I have always envisioned as a round-house kick to the head :P
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:19 AM

TyrionXavier has disabled reputation
The overall question here is: do figures thrown by Jotun count as being moved/moving?

So, we look for something equivalent:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcarren Wasteland rulebook
When a figure moves onto a molten lava space, you must roll
for molten lava damage.
From this, we can deduce that a figure must move onto a lava space before rolling for damage. When Jotun throws a figure into lava, it rolls for lava damage. Therefore, we can conclude that when Jotun throws a figure, it does in fact count as moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Agent
Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with a Nikita Agent.
From this, the Nikita only get an Engagement Strike when a figure moves into engagement. From above, we already determined that a figure is moving when Jotun throws them. If the landing space places that figure into engagement with a Nikita Agent, then the Nikita Agent does roll for engagement strike, for the same reason the figure rolls for lava damage.

Has been away for quite a while. But is back now.
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I honestly see it as when you come into engagement with a Nakita and it was not the Nakita that did the moving, you take the engagement strike...which I have always envisioned as a round-house kick to the head :P
True, otherwise you can trow you own squads up there, anyway engagement srike 15 is a long shot to get.
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Quote:
True, otherwise you can trow you own squads up there, anyway engagement srike 15 is a long shot to get.
True its only a little better than 25% chance to hit with it, but it sure makes me think twice before I move my expensive squad guys next to them. The idea of loosing a Samuari to a D20 makes me nervous.
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
Quote:
Quote:
True its only a little better than 25% chance to hit with it, but it sure makes me think twice before I move my expensive squad guys next to them. The idea of loosing a Samuari to a D20 makes me nervous.
Play the odds, if luck is againt you oh well! You'll never know, can't win without taking the chance (while being smart about it). I would send Fig's with special attack againt the Nikitas instead of going for the trow. Unless i'm out of options.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's