Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM

Mr. Underhill has disabled reputation
Help - Dice Tower Guy

When I first joined this community I saw one of the members has a lilnk in his sig to his site where he makes and sells dice towers.

Can anyone tell me who the member is. I've forgotten and have no idea how to find the member/link.

I just wanna have a look at the cool towers and have a go at making one myself.

Cheers, big ears!

Mr. Underhill
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
InfinityMax

http://www.drakedicetowers.com/
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:15 PM

Thanks, Nether!

I was just asking Mr. Google when I saw your reply. Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers, mate!

Mr. Underhill

P.S. Matt's tower designs are exceptional. I want to try to DIY one myself, but I'm resigned to the sad fact that whatever I make will never come close to the those made by Matt.

Edit: Corrected objectionable grammar and incorrect apostrophe use.
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:41 PM

I also saw this Dice Tower on my Googling....

That's hardcore. This one apparently has chimes that ring when the dice tumble through the tower.

Mr. Underhill
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:14 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
indeed, it is infinitymax. he makes his out of foamcore (correct me if i'm wrong, and if i am im sorry.) i also believe he has made wooden ones. Me and a friend (player_of_football) make them out os transparent plexiglass and sell them for 15 dollars a piece. we have pictures, and they were posted like 7 times on HQ before it said "Well, im bored. let me inplode on myself now."

i have told H_E_H and dragon4201976 (i think thats the numbers...) that i will have pics posted some time soon, hopefully by this weekend, so keep a lookout for them.
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
keep a lookout for them.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
infinitymax. he makes his out of foamcore (correct me if i'm wrong, and if i am im sorry.) i also believe he has made wooden ones.
Yeah. He makes them from (hand-cut) plywood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Max's Website
My dice towers are hand cut from 1/4" luan plywood. I assemble each one by hand. I design every tower myself, and take pride in creating the best tower I can, every time. My towers are sturdy, lightweight and attractive. They are covered in a water-resistant varnish that will let you wipe off pizza grease with a damp cloth, and they are held together using a resilient and tough glue that will stand up to considerable abuse.
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:34 AM

dlaw008 has disabled reputation
InfinityMax also put up a PDF file to use as a template for making your own dice tower out of foam-core. It is under the files section for Heroscape at Board Game Geek.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=15906

It is just white, but he does give you templates that you could texture yourself if you have an art program. I'm about to take a whole slew of photos for a project I'm working on. I'll get one of the tower I made using his template and put it here.

-Doug
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Dice Towers

I know there was quite a thread on dice towers back on HQ, but I can't find one here (aside from someone looking for IMax).

I'd never heard of a dice tower before coming to the boards, but after seeing everyone else's creations I was borderline obsessed with making one of my own. I did some figuring on paper, then moved on to a quick cardboard mock-up. After a little research on materials and methods, I started feeling my way through the "main event". And at long last, here's the result!

My wife and I have used it in a couple games and it was well worth the time and effort.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:50 AM
ultradoug

cool.
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:53 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wow, really wow. Do the dice get caught in the gate much or do they come out fine.

That really is beautiful.
Old May 30th, 2006, 03:05 AM

Looks fantastic. I love the texture!

I can't wait to try it myself... when exams are over ...

Slàinte!

Mr. Underhill

P.S. There are some other inspirational works around here or here.
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:59 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Chucked these together over the weekend:

Predictably, the glue cost more than the clear acrylic. I made a third, but it's spoken for.

They're just the right size to fit along one short edge of a MS box (25cm high, 7.5cm accross. The tines inside, off which the dice bounce and rotate, are spaced so that HS dice will fall slowly through the tower, but the dice cannot jam or get stuck (a problem with the balsa prototype). I wanted to do it this way (as opposed to the easier/more traditional internal sloping shelves) because the way the dice fall and twist is remeniscent of a pachinko machine (which I've always found fascinating).

There's enough acrylic left over to do one more, thinner tower - thouh I'll probably do something that can handle a bigger range of dice sizes, at the cost of the dice falling more quickly through the machine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions