Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 25th, 2006, 08:37 AM

cavie Woo who?
Draft/Counter Draft

I had thought about starting this thread a while back but never followed through. After hearing our 1st Podcast, Hahnarama & Truth inspired me to go forward with it. If there is something similar already posted, admins please merge or delete this.

The idea is to have members post a hero or squad they would draft and then have other members reveal who they would counter draft against the previously drafted figure(s). Once enough discussion on a paticular draft/counter draft has occurred, someone else may post another 'draft' to be 'counter drafted' in discussion.

For example:
I could post Krug as my draft like this:
Draft: Krug

Someone else posts like this:
Counter Draft to Krug: Krav Maga Agents
Then gives their strategic reasons for counter drafting the KM.

I will begin with one I have trouble counter drafting against.

Draft: Sgt. Drake
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Doesn't the person who goes last get 2 picks??????

Old November 25th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Counter drafts: Major Q9, Warriors of Ashra.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
So now do i counter draft cavies Sgt Drake or GB' Q9 and/or WoA?

Draft: Drake

Counter Draft: DW8K

Draft Q9

Counter draft: Open to suggestions

Draft: WoA

Counter Draft: Jotun, for he can throw them.
Old November 25th, 2006, 10:57 AM

fejkl Woo who?
I'll counter-draft Jotun with the Minions. He can't throw, and they may be able to withstand an attack with their high defense.

I'd counter Q9 with the EOV. They can approach him without dying. Once they get there, they can tie him down so a heavy hitter can move in.
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM

cavie Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
So now do i counter draft cavies Sgt Drake or GB' Q9 and/or WoA?
This doesn't have to be an ongoing thread based off of the first draft - I really want to see how people counter draft more than anything. This is where my weakness is and I'd like to pick the brains of all the great players here. I've already seen some good counters. You can post as the 2nd pick(2 choices) or just another pick(1 choice) Here's another draft:

Draft: Braxas
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:01 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Draft: Sgt Drake

First Braxas would not be my first choice as a counter to Stg. Drake. She costs nearly twice as much and she is not going to last much longer than Drake in close combat. Her breath weapon will affect him but a high number is needed (unlike for squads).

Counter Draft: Laglor

Laglor has a better range on his special than Q9 and he is only single spaced, making it easier for him to stay out of Drake's reach. Laglor also has a chance for multiple attacks with his SA (not as good as Q9 though). He costs the same as Drake. With 6 life, he will most likely survive an attack or two if Drake does close the distance.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:01 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob

Counter drafts: Major Q9, Warriors of Ashra.
Good picks. I'd add Ranged Special Attackers like Laglor, Nilfheim, or even Mimring. Just about any ranged special attack can chew up Drake.
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:03 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Then I'll draft the Krav to take out those you have with ranged specials.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Draft: WoA

Counter Draft: Izumi Samurai

Izumi are cheap, and they can take on more than one squad of WoA. They also have a high enough defense to withstand Q9's volleys for a few turns.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:10 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Then I take Jotun to hit them hard with little fear of counterstrike.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Counter Q9 with combo of Deadeye (praying for the 19 or 20) and the Minions. Ideally I'd keep DED out of Q9's reach and just keep trying to kill him with the Sharpshooter ability. If Q9 tries to get within range of DED, I'd send the Minions in after him; their good defense should keep them alive for a little while and their deadly strike should have a decent chance against Q9's defense. He's only got 4 lives, so once he got engaged, it shouldn't take long (if things go right).

I became a huge fan of the minions lastnight after one squad of them took out my bro in-law's DW9000, DED, Syvarris, 2 Kravs, Saylind and Micro Corps Agents. The only ones that gave me any trouble were the MC, he rolled the 15 or higher three times to keep them alive (I guess the Minion's axes were bouncing off the rubber suits).

I got lucky as heck in always having at least one skull rolled (counting for two) and rolling good defense. I lost two of the three Minions, but I was proud as heck of them.

So in conclusion, I'm countering any high def guy with DED and Minions (though I'd switch out Sentinals for Minions against Charos, they may eventually where him down, but wouldn't kill themselves very easily againt his counterstrike like the Minions would).

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units