Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 23rd, 2006, 10:16 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Question regarding Heroscape Army Cards...

Does anyone know the actual dimensions in terms of length and width from the highest point top to bottom and the furthest end side to side? I work on a few customs on my lunch hour day to day and I want to make sure they're not too big or small. If anyone could chime in on that, it'd be greatly appreciated...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
uhh...i could later today, but not that that would matter, becuase i'm sure netherspirit is posting dimensions to the millimeter as i type this
Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
uhh...i could later today, but not that that would matter, becuase i'm sure netherspirit is posting dimensions to the millimeter as i type this
lol. Not really, I am at work. I am going home for lunch in about an hour, perhaps I will measure my cards if someone hasn't posted them by then.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:08 PM

oogiezone Woo who?
I came up with 4.55inX4.8 in. I'm sure nether will double check these numbers for you when he gets home.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
has been BANNED

you know we love you nether, right? usually you are the quickest to respond to questions such as these.

the cards arent the same lengthwise by width wise?
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
4 and 7/8th wide by 4 and 5/8 tall
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
has been BANNED

see? i told you he was quick about it.

i wonder why they are not the same lengthXwidth...it boggles my brain
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:34 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
They are not the same height and width because the format is hexagonal. Each of the edge faces will be the same distance to the center but they have a 60 degree phase to each other rather than 90. The ratio of height to width of an equilateral hexagon will always be half the square root of three to one; or 1.414/2:1 ; simplified to .707:1. Basic math.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:39 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
It's to do with the fact that the shape is made up from hexagons. If a hexagon is made from six equal-length sides, and six 120 degree angles, then it's height and width won't be the same. Because you're not measuring two identical things. Apples and oranges, you see?

Anyway, what's this imperial measurement nonsense? The French have given us chuff-all of any real use, except the metric system. Which is superior to those silly imperial units in every way (except when it comes to miles and pints, obviously. If you're going to drink warm beer, it simply HAS to be served in pints)
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:42 PM
has been BANNED

w/e. i am done with learning new math forever. i have passed my geometry SOL and need not take my final exam, and don't need to take math next year, so i am all set.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
w/e. i am done with learning new math forever. i have passed my geometry SOL and need not take my final exam, and don't need to take math next year, so i am all set.
LOL, didn't mean to sound like lecture. Just trying to answer the question. BTW unlike most of your subjects math is going to be useful your entire life...unless you're poor and homeless and don't care what the volume of your cardboard box is. :P

Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:16 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Hmm. The maths I learned up to the age of 11 has been useful; even the odd bit of simple algebra I'd leaned by then. But being able to calculate the area under a curve? Or knowing how to integrate an equation with imaginary numbers and Sin functions? Nope, never. In fact, of all the subjects I studied until the age of 18, the only one that has been of any real benefit in adult life was Engineering Drawing - and that was taken so seriously at school that we only studied for it one hour a week during our lunch breaks!

Being able to speak a foreign language, fluently - now THAT would have been useful. But I took latin, and the last native latin speaker's been dead for centuries.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's