Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: ARE YOU ATTENDING ANY GAMEDAY / TOURNEY ON NATIONAL HS DAY, SATURDAY, OCTOBER, 21st?
Duuuuhh,.....YES! 8 36.36%
Nope,....Can't do it this year. 6 27.27%
There's a National HS Day? ? ? 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 9th, 2006, 12:52 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Oakland TOURNEY 10/21 - Dnutt99/Sexymama (pics pg. 6)

So it has been brought to my attention that there is actually a day of the year dedicated specifcally to HS FINATICS, LET'S BATTLE! Dnutt99 & Sexymama are honoring this day by opening thier doors to 10 people interested for a GAMEDAY / MINI-TOURNEY.
This is our 1st time hosting an event so we're trying to rally up some excitement from the locals. We will have a mini 10-12 player tournament PROVIDING THERE ARE AT LEAST 8 "DEFINITE" REGISTERED PLAYERS THAT ARRIVE ON GAME DAY!
PLAY TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE CASTLE SET!
For those interested, we live in Oakland, CA., and are gaming on Saturday, October 21st, from 12 noon and running until your're arms get numb from rolling

Players will randomly draw the name of an opponent. The chosen opponent will randomly draw a board to play on. (ALL BOARDS CAN BE VIEWED IN THE "Check the Boardz" LINK IN MY SIGNATURE SECTION.)Feel free to ask questions, and offer suggestions. Changes will only be made to boards if there seems to be a problematic theme from multiple viewers! There will be at least 2 other boards available for free play for 2+ player mayhem.
Players are encouraged to bring dice, markers, and pre-made armies for EACH board, and any units you may want to free play with on other boards. Our units will be available for drafting BUT dnutt99/sexymama have the priveldge of drafting from this pool first! Before the game begins, players will be given 10-15 min. to select and finalize their armies.
DICE TOWERS are highly recommended due to limited table space. Accomodations for rolling will be made on gameday if needed.

GAMEDAY BEGINS @ 12noon to mingle. GAME PLAY BEGINS @ 12:45 - 1 pm.

It is only 1 DAY AWAY!,..so REGISTER YES or mark pending to reserve your spot. Spots will be given to FIRST 10 DEFINITE REGISTREES.

Any 'Scaper under the age of 18, must be brought and accompanied by an adult while attending the gameday.

REGISTER AND CHECK BACK REAL SOON! (UPDATED: 10/18/06 - 10:31pm)

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old October 9th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm in! I may have to show a little bit later, but we'll see. Thanks for hosting this, Dnutt!
Old October 9th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cool, I can leave at 10 be there by noon. What do we need to bring? Beer? Chips? Beer?

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Dnutty, Sexymama ... thanks for having me over today ... I had a blast. HS in Oaktown and a picnic in SF.

Bummed I won't be able to help Oaktown represent during the national gameday. Who picked the weekend before Halloween? Non Believers I tell you!

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Cool, I can leave at 10 be there by noon. What do we need to bring? Beer? Chips? Beer?

'brownies'?
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
... national gameday. Who picked the weekend before Halloween? Non Believers I tell you!
Yes, it is a grand and sweeping conspiracy to do away with Halloween by scheduling a National Game Day a full 10 days away from Halloween ...

Quote:
... What do we need to bring? Beer? Chips? Beer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
'brownies'?
He, he, he! People are gonna start to wonder "What exactly is in Mrs. HeH's brownies anyway?" - Just remember that it was Jim that started this, not me!

Old October 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
... national gameday. Who picked the weekend before Halloween? Non Believers I tell you!
Yes, it is a grand and sweeping conspiracy to do away with Halloween by scheduling a National Game Day a full 10 days away from Halloween ...

You obviously don't know what it takes to work and ready the house for mayhem
Old October 9th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sorry folks,

Other commitments.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 9th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Emeritus Admin

I'm totall down for playing. I may be late as my son has soccer games on Saturdays. I'll try and bring Silverstoner and Guerillanator too.
Old October 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
You obviously don't know what it takes to work and ready the house for mayhem
There my friend, you are soooo wrong! But, I do it correctly.

At dusk on Halloween I completely decorate the house ... well, I did when I lived in SoCal. The decorations included a fog machine, a multitude of gravestones, half buried zombies digging their way out of the ground, a casket also half buried with a zombie shaking the lid attempting to free himself, a plethora of spiderwebs, rotted cloths, flying bats and spider. To top it off there was a ghost in the front window whose eyes would follow you no matter where you were on the street (think Haunted Mansion statues from Disneyland)! All of this would come down around midnight. None of the decorations were ever seen in daylight so as to keep the scariness factor entombed in the minds of children!

Some images from All Hallows Eve past:

Everything you see I created, no store bought items here!

Some things that need description: The ghost in the window can be seen (Top Photo), however due to the flash the eyes cannot be seen that follow you wherever you go. The coffin faces the wrong way (it faces the door for full view when Trick-or-Treaters come to the door) so you don't see the skeletal hand shaking the lid. The Zombie's shoulders (Bottom Left Photo) roll giving the effect of it trying to free itself from the ground. The "fog" can be seen slightly (Bottom Left Photo), that's not a blur, it was turned off for most of the photography. Note that the "spiderwebs" are a little roughed up due to children freaking out and running through them by the time of the photography ...

Now, who doesn't know Halloween and how to do it?

Old October 9th, 2006, 02:55 PM

Nice !!!
You are a ghoul after my own cold heart. I was actually jabbing at your retired status more than anything mal Figured you'd hook up Halloween.

Last year I wired up a bunch of motion activated effects ... the theme was super villains. A motion sensor in the entry tripped off the black light and turn on a strobe that hit people dead in face, I added in a nice annoying buzzer for the jump. We also had the decontamination chamber ... utility room between the kitchen and the beer on the back deck ... motion triggered fog machine.

Talk about an electrocution hazard I had exposed 110V wiring everywhere .... it was fitting since I named myself Static ... I built a hand shocker into my costume
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

I always hated the "nice annoying buzzer for the jump". When I was a kid the neighbors had metal plates under the astroturf walkway, you step on it and connect the circuit which sets off a klaxon horn 3 feet away ... most who grew up there still have a mild twitch ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events