Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM

tidus 360 Woo who?
Stories Of Valhalla

Hey everyone, I am gonna start a little thing i wanted to do soon. Basically it is a Heroscape story mode, it will be like a bunch of campaigns. How i will do it is... i will make up different stories and set campaigns for those stories. These campaigns will be long, i will have events also (your characters will speak) this can be in between battles and even during battles. I don't know if anyone has done something like this, but i just wanted to do it for myself and thought i would share the stuff i make with anyone interested.

Stories
Life Of A Gladiator: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31961

What you will need:

* A lot of terrain, i will stick with the terrain i have
* A buddy to play with (you may need more in some cases), if your good you can do it yourself.
* All of your heroscape equipment
* Scenario guides/Stories
* Pencil/Paper (to record things)

How it works

Basically you will pick a story, each story will have different battles and different challenges. You will be assigned points at the start to form your first squad (some stories may be different, you may start alone or as a recruit in an army). You will also have Money at the start, you will use money to purchase army points, items, etc. In some cases you may need money to get past a certain event.

Money: Comes in 3 different types of coins
Copper - 1
Silver - 100
Gold - 1000

You will also have an experience type of thing. When battles end you will earn experience points based on objectives, kills, etc. Experience will show your complete story score, and will affect the outcome of the story.
(You also get exp for each figure killed by your hero, equal to the figures cost - for squads cut it in a fraction of the full value)

Money, Items, and Experience must be recorded.

You will have a Hero, your hero is your main character. Your hero is your main viewpoint, you may select ANY single space figure to represent your hero. Your heroes stats MUST be recorded. When you choose a hero record the following.

Create a Hero

Name - Create a name for your hero
Race - Your race is based on the figure you selected (check the card)
Class - Select a class (It MUST be an official Heroscape class)
Personality - Select a personality (It MUST be an official Heroscape personality)
General - Your hero follows no general unless specified by the story at any point.
Line Of Sight - Use the figure you select (check its respective card)
Height - You may select a height of 3-5 (it may change during the story or with items)

Stats - Here are the base stats for your hero.
First select Ranged or Melee

Melee
Life:2
Move:2
Range:1 (may not be modified)
Attack:2
Defense:2

Ranged
Life:3
Move:1
Range:4
Attack:1
Defense:1

Next you are given Stat Points, when you start your hero you will start with 10 stat points. Allocate your points as follows:
Stat : Cost (#)

Max Life +1 - 1 (Max: 20)
Move +1 - 2 (Max: 8 )
Range +1 - 2 (Max: 10)
Attack +1 - 2 (Max: 10)
Defense +1 - 3 (Max: 5)

Stat Points are non refundable (you don't get them back after you spend them)

Hero Abilities

Passive - (These abilities affect you no matter what you are)
Solo Leader - Any time you would try to use an ability on another card that gives you a free turn on your hero, it cannot affect your hero.
(ex. No bonding)
Item User - Your hero may use an item instead of attacking
Defy Death - Your hero may not be destroyed by automatic killing abilities
Game Over - If your hero is destroyed the story ends, unless specified otherwise (check the ending)

Custom Powers - Powers are granted through items, equipment, shopping, events, etc. Every hero starts with no powers.

So that explains your hero. Your hero is everything, if he/she dies it is all over unless specified otherwise.

Everything is explained in the story - people you meet, shops, battles, etc.

Party
Your party is your full group of army cards under your control, in some cases you may not be allowed to have a party. You may purchase cards at any recruiting center when it is available. You may also recieve free members during events, these members may also leave at some points.

The ending is when the entire story is over. The game will end if you die through any means, event, destroyed, etc. There are multiple endings and different dialogue for each story. AFTER the ending you will score all of your accomplishments. Here is how:

*Add up all of your experience
*Add up all of your Party Points (Add up all of your points from your surviving figures, remember to cut squad figures in fractions)
*Add your "ending score" in
*Turn all of your money into score points
*All of your items equal 50 points each

This all adds up into your final score

Setup

*Select a story
*Create a Hero, checking any special rules in the beginning of the story
*Find the first part of the story and follow along
*If you enter a battle, setup your allied figures (automatically chosen), your hero, Your party (if allowed and in required points)
*Be sure to check for events in battle
*When the battle ends add up rewards and follow onto the next part depending on conditions, you may also have a chance to enter a shop or other things.
*Repeat until you get to an "Ending" (By dieing, or meeting some condition)
*When you end a battle you lose any destroyed figures (in your party) for good, once you lose all of the figures on a card you lose that card. Most cards can be bought again.

"This is it, this is your story. It all begins here".

Last edited by tidus 360; August 18th, 2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old August 18th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Stories Of Valhalla

You may want to put this here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=21

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios