Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which Map looks like the most fun?
Jandar's Great Wall 24 26.09%
Unnamed 1 31 33.70%
Micropolis 3 3.26%
Rocky Road ala Mode 4 4.35%
Sacred Pool 27 29.35%
Unnamed 2 3 3.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 16th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Meta-Map Contest Voting Thread 5 - Virtualscape B

PLACE YOUR VOTE!
Be sure to check out the other Meta-Map Voting Threads.

To get to the Voting Thread Index click here.

Unnamed 2

Sacred Pool

Rocky Road ala Mode

Micropolis

Unnamed 1

Jandar's Great Wall
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:23 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Sacred Pool, by a long shot. Looks great - very enticing. I reckon it would be fun to play.
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
Sacred pool looks interesting, but outside of looks I would have to see how it played. I think unnamed 1 offers more in playability and different areas to explore and stage attacks from.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM

BilboAtBagEnd Woo who?
Unnamed 2

A nice skirmish map with cover at the edges, accessible by road and so easy access for the opposing side. Good use of trees in the middle, and I like the triple-cross road.

Sacred Pool

Visually interesting, and a nice use of towers for cover and a built look... chokepoints on the sides, but going through the sacred pool is no easy task. I like the grove in the lower right versus the protected mini hill on the upper left. The columns are good for small flyers and monks, so are nice places for Raelin or Taelord to hang out on. If only Sudema had flying...

Rocky Road ala Mode

Straight through the center, pretty much, with possible flanking maneuvors, although they would be hard to carry off. Especially with the dual columns in the middle, though they have ladders and aren't that far from each other, so should be an amusing fight in the middle.

Micropolis

The bridge is well placed, as are the trees. Good river, nice glyph placement. Soundly constructed.

Unnamed 1

Interesting overhangs and mini cliffs, with a road through so that melee units have a chance to get at any ranged units on top. Importantly, getting ranged units to the top (apart from dragons) requires legwork on both sides. Nice glyph placement.

Jandar's Great Wall

Very arresting, with great possibilities for dramatic battles amongst the ramparts as they are two-hex-wide rather than the usual one-hex-wide. There really can only be battle across the ramparts, as few other methods will be as viable. I like the river beneath with its high banks towards the center. This map is not friendly for non-flying two-space units, but that is not necessarily a problem.

My final vote

Unnamed1 gets my vote. It is playable by the most number of units while having variations in level and allowing decent maneuverability. I am strongly tempted by Jandar's Great Wall and the Sacred Pool, but they seem a bit restricting in how you get to the fight. I think Sacred Pool is better for maneuvering, so would get my second vote.
Old September 16th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Berza has disabled reputation
Sacred Pool looks nice, but doesn't seem very playable to me..... only flyers could get up on the pedestals, yet I don't think there are any flyers with range so that seems useless to me. I guess you could use Saylind on a ladder rung to summon a range figure up, but that really wouldn't make for a fair battle since the opponent couldn't get anyone up there. Anyways, it's a beautiful board but I don't see a good battle taking place here.

My vote goes to Unnamed 1, even though I think all maps should have to have a name. I really like the playability on this - there are open areas for battle, plus some height areas that still allow for battle, and I really like the caves. It seems there are several options for battle on this board.
Old September 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Unamed 1, but Rocky Road a la Mode has a better title!
Old September 16th, 2006, 05:18 PM

As I stated I did vote for unnamed1, but nether did state in his original posting
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Be sure to send along a description of your map and come up with a cool name for it. Any scenario you send will not be tested, I will only be playing a Kill-Em-All game on all maps.
I think for the unnamed maps, the designer should still have to come up with a name.

Old September 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Unnamed 1 is keyholes at wolf swamp road from landscape thread A.
Old September 16th, 2006, 05:49 PM

dickflea Woo who?
Sacred pool for me.......a second look identified some nice areas for ranged units....
Old September 16th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
???, same map in two threads?

Old September 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by geddy lifeson
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
???, same map in two threads?
Yeah, an oops on my part.
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:24 PM

We will let ya go on this one nether, but we are watchin you from now on

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games