Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart
700 point Ninja/Samurai Army

Ok here I go

700 pts
Kato Katsuro
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Otanashi
Moriko
Shiori
10th Regiment of Foot

Can anybody give me a strategy using this army.
I don't want anybody to change it, cause I don't have multiples of any of the common squads that are samurai or ninja.
I just need a strategy for this Army

Alderaan shot first
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: 700 point Ninja/Samurai Army

Contrast to what you said-There is no use for Kato. But for strategy purposes I would start out with The 10th Reg and TSA. Then follow up with Kaemon Awa to make sure to kill off your opponets range.Use your Ninjas' as cleanup. You will find Moriko to perform much better hand to hand. And if you are still going to use Kato I would play him right after the 10th and TSA with Kaemon Awa.

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:01 AM

Well I used Kato mainly cause i wanted to stick to my theme but that theme wasn't going to get me 700 pts. When My group plays 500 pts I can easily take him out.

Alderaan shot first
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I'd go:

Kato - 200
Ashigaru Harb/Yari x2 - 400
Kaemon - 520
NotNW/Tagawa - 630/640
Izumi - 690/700

It lets you get more points worth out of Kato Katsuro than your other army, uses less order markers to move your guys around, and gives you a good amount of ranged attack and strong melee units.
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:39 PM

As I said I do not have Multiples of any of the Commons the only Einar units I have are:

Kato Katsuro
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Archers
Izumi Samurai
Kiova
Einar Imperium
Shiori

Alderaan shot first
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:21 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

I presume you forgot to add the 10th. You could switch Kato for Izumi and the Einar Imperium. But with those choices I think you've got the best army possible.

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:13 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
I'd go:

Kato - 200
Ashigaru Harb/Yari x2 - 400
Kaemon - 520
NotNW/Tagawa - 630/640
Izumi - 690/700

It lets you get more points worth out of Kato Katsuro than your other army, uses less order markers to move your guys around, and gives you a good amount of ranged attack and strong melee units.
This army makes no sense theres no reason to use Kato if you dont have than two or more the Ashigaru Harquebus and two or more the Ashigaru Yari. If your making a 700 point Kato army it should look somthing like this

Kato Katsuro - 200
Ashigaru Yari x4 - 360
Ashigaru Harquebus x4 - 600
Kozuke Samuri - 700

Back on topic
I think that a way to improve your army is to take out Kato and add more 10th reg/ tagawa archers. He serve no use at all to your army.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
Ok here I go

700 pts
Kato Katsuro
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Otanashi
Moriko
Shiori
10th Regiment of Foot

Can anybody give me a strategy using this army.
I don't want anybody to change it, cause I don't have multiples of any of the common squads that are samurai or ninja.
I just need a strategy for this Army
I think that sense yoou dont want me to help change it that you should read this http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=11525. after you have read that edit your army a bit and i will give you somes ideas for stratagies. sense you don't have multiples I would recomend substituting another squad for extras of your common.

PS: Why Kato?

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM

First off all you are saying add more commons. For the Third Time I do Not have Multiples of any Figures I own besides SotM ccommons.

I like Kato. One of the ways to making an effective army is that you like it. Your army won't be effective if you don't enjoy using it.

I wanted strategies for this army.

edit: sorry if I seem a little rude.

Alderaan shot first
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
edit: sorry if I seem a little rude.
Na, its not rude. You clearly said that you didn't want changes to the army, just advice for how to use THAT army. Problem is just it is hard to make a good strategy for an army like that.
As for strategy: Move Kaemon and Archers on a hill and fire, then move in the 10th in a hill and fire, then, surrender.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't think I would ever personally play that army as it does not seem to work to me. But if I had to play that exact army due to some type of random predraft army challange, I think I would start out by using these 4 units exclusively.

Otanashi
Moriko
Shiori
10th Regiment of Foot

How exactly would depend entirely on how the game board looks and what your opponents units are. Try to protect Moriko from ranged fire while you move her into positon to attack favorable units (weak squad figures, or figures where her SA will be more effective). Send Otanashi on a sucicide mission to take out any 'wild' figures. Move the 10th to high ground with a good view of the battlefield. Exactly what to do with each will change from game to game. I know I would focus my order markers on those 4 until they all died though, thus they make up the first wave of my attack.

Then I would bring out the last 3 units as my second wave. Since all 3 have the option of going when you put an order marker on Kato, you can just dump all your markers on him every round until he dies or the game ends. During the final stages of the battle your order marker placement will be easy and effecient while also giving you an element of surprise while your opponents remaining figures will hopefully be partial squads and/or wounded heros that could get killed off before they get to use their order marker. Since 2 of the 3 units have ranged attacks, your threat range will be very good and you may be able to go 2 or 3 times in a row if you move about to focus on killing off which ever one of your opponents figures has an unrevealed order marker on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion