Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
After over a decade... MEGA MAN 9!

SOURCE!

Wow; there've been rumors going on for a while now, but finally, confirmation! I've never played any of the classic Mega Man titles - only Mega Man X on the SNES - but I'm getting excited for this one... but I'm sure some people that have actually been WAITING for it are far more excited. Any thoughts?
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: After over a decade... MEGA MAN 9!

Ugh... The Mega Man series just needs to aceept its' fate, roll over, and die already.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM

1111 Woo who?

This is actually the best video game news I've heard in years. The old Megaman games are my favorite games ever made.
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:53 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I've never played any of the classic Mega Man titles - only Mega Man X on the SNES
Oh man, does that game bring back memories. I remember long awaiting Saturdays and the summer just so I could try and beat my personal speed record of that game. My best time today is still exactly 3 hours, 42 minutes, and 55 seconds. God I miss that game.

Yes this news is also very exciting, I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Old June 27th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was never big on Mega Man. Just couldn't get into it. *Shrugs*

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:11 AM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

Weird. I remember playing something called Megaman 9 that was a SNES rom. You could choose Bass or Megaman at the begining of the game. It was all in Japanese except boss names and the selectable powers, but really what did you need to know other then that?
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:01 AM

moorific is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight View Post
Weird. I remember playing something called Megaman 9 that was a SNES rom. You could choose Bass or Megaman at the begining of the game. It was all in Japanese except boss names and the selectable powers, but really what did you need to know other then that?
Are you sure that wasn't Megaman and Bass for GBA?
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111 View Post
This is actually the best video game news I've heard in years. The old Megaman games are my favorite games ever made.
Well, the older games are good, but the newer ones that keep coming out are just garbage.

...in the LIBRARY...
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight View Post
Are you sure that wasn't Megaman and Bass for GBA?
Yes. It was before the GBA was released. It was a rom file from a SNES game since the game was never actually release here in the USA.
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you could choose between Megaman and Bass, it was one of those Japan exclusive games, most likely. Japan had a game similar to Megaman and Bass that wasn't released anywhere else.
And Ty, you say the old games are awesome. Is there any reason not to get this one, then?
Edit: Also, the original Megaman and Bass was on the SNES - the GBA one was a port.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
If you could choose between Megaman and Bass, it was one of those Japan exclusive games, most likely. Japan had a game similar to Megaman and Bass that wasn't released anywhere else.
And Ty, you say the old games are awesome. Is there any reason not to get this one, then?
Edit: Also, the original Megaman and Bass was on the SNES - the GBA one was a port.
I didn't say they were awesome, I said they were good. I've never been a huge fan myself, as nothing in the sequels are any different. They are really just putting out the same game over and over again, just with a coat of fresh paint.

...in the LIBRARY...
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM

1111 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111 View Post
Well, the older games are good, but the newer ones that keep coming out are just garbage.
That's what I'm saying. I hate the new video games these days, and I'm talking about ALL the new video games. I haven't played a game as fun as the original Megaman series, ever. All they do is make flashy graphics and don't spend any time making sure the game is actually fun. The NES didn't have anything in terms of graphics or sound going for it, so the games had to be fun if they were going to get anywhere. The Megaman series on NES and some of the SNES games we're classic. It makes me happy to see them go back to the old formula instead of trying to make eye candy. Seems like that is all most people care about these days.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games