Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 11th, 2009, 01:10 AM

TC McQueen is surprisingly tart
Re: Unofficial "Not an Exclusive" figure contest!

Well here is the card for the character I am entering into the contest. I just wanted to post it here to give credit to Mooseman for making it turn out very well. Thank you very much Mooseman

R˙chean Atra is in tribute to R˙chean and A_Train

Bio

The sword that R˙chean Atra was pointing toward the earth glittered in the sunlight; fresh blood dripped from its tip. He marched directly on toward the hillock, and although the spring breeze blew softly against his skin, R˙chean felt his muscles tighten as he ascended. From the top, he looked down at the fire burning below.

"He has come, prepare yourselves!" Ne-Gok-Sa communicated to his squad of Marro Drones telepathically. There were about twenty drones.

They'd all been standing motionless and unaware. Now they all gripped their blades tighter readying themselves. When R˙chean Atra came into view, a wordless but nonetheless savage stir went through the group. They saw the bloodstained sword and suddenly realized that the battle had already begun.

The Marro Drones formed a semicircle to keep R˙chean from escaping. This precaution proved unnecessary, for R˙chean Atra showed no sign of either running or backing down. In fact, he was walking steadily and directly toward them. Slowly, pace by pace, he advanced, looking as if he might pounce at any moment.

For a moment, there was an ominous silence, as both sides contemplated approaching death. R˙chean Atra's face went deadly white and through his eyes stared the eyes of the god of vengeance, glittering with venom. He was selecting his prey.

Ne-Gok-Sa and his swarm were not as tense, their numbers gave them confidence, and their devotion to the hive was unshakeable. Still, no one wanted to be the first attacked.

Ne-Gok-Sa gave a signal to a column of drones, and without breaking formation they rushed around to R˙chean's right.

"R˙chean Atra! I am Ne-Gok-Sa,” a shrill inhuman voice suddenly was echoing in R˙chean Atra's head. "Submit to my will and I will be merciful, this is your one chance."

"No!" shouted R˙chean Atra. "I am a Samurai and serve my Daimyo, Kato Katsuro, and none other."

It was like pouring oil on the flames. Ne-Gok-Sa's drones began grouping themselves in close formation on R˙chean's left and on his right, chittering in some unknown language and waving their blades in the air.

In the wink of an eye, R˙chean Atra was in the air leaping toward one of the drones like a fighting **** (rooster (not quite as dramatic)). There was a sound like the popping of a cork, and the ground turned red. Then came a chilling noise - not a battle cry, not a curse, but a truly blood curdling howl.

R˙chean's sword screeched back and forth through the air, a reverberation in his own body telling him when he connected with Marro bone. Blood and some form of neural matter spattered from his blade; fingers and arms flew through the air.

At the beginning, the swarm held together fairly well, all due to the unmatched supremacy of Ne-Gok-Sa's mind control. R˙chean quickly slaughtered six drones, throwing the others into confusion. Before long they were slashing wildly in all directions, as often as not injuring one another.

For most of the time, R˙chean Atra wasn't really conscious of what he was doing. He was in a sort of trance, a murderous dream in which body and soul were concentrated in his three-foot folded steel blade. Unconsciously, his whole life experience - the invaluable knowledge his father had passed down to him, the theories he had learned at the various schools of swordsmanship, the lessons taught to him by the mountains, the rivers, and the trees - everything came into play in the rapid movements of his body. He became a disembodied whirlwind mowing down the squad of Marro, who by their stunned bewilderment left themselves wide open to his sword.

For the duration of the battle, Ne-Gok-Sa counted the number of time he inhaled and exhaled. It was all over before he had taken this twentieth breath.

R˙chean Atra was drenched with the blood of his victims. The few remaining drones were also covered with gore. The earth, the grass, even the air was bloody. Ne-gok-Sa, for all his bloodthirsty, brutal, and single-mindedly obsessed nature in his quest for power, even he was taken aback. He let out a scream, and he and his surviving drones scattered in all directions.

This is the pure destructive force that is possessed by those few Samurai that attain the pinnacle of training, the level of Kensei, or Sword Saint.

Last edited by TC McQueen; July 11th, 2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Bio Added
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:58 AM

bee is surprisingly tart

AAH! Can't decide!

Old July 11th, 2009, 03:53 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

TCMcQ: Master Counter Strike doesn't work with things like Zombie Onslaught Special Attack, since multiple figures are involved in one attack. And a minor missed capitalization at the end of Aerial Assault (assault is not capitalized). Otherwise, a very nice custom (love Aerial Assault!)(Legendary Swordsmanship is similar but opposite my Crowd Pleaser power on my entry).

The Scaped: Haven't seen you post in this thread, but saw your entry in the other and, well, you might want to give the Rock Hurl Special Attack some Ranged and Attack values... Also "Ranged attacks do not affect him" should be "Smorocks can't be attacked by non-adjacent figures."

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; July 11th, 2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM

TC McQueen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
TCMcQ: Master Counter Strike doesn't work with things like Zombie Onslaught Special Attack, since multiple figures are involved in one attack. And a minor missed capitalization at the end of Aerial Assault (assault is not capitalized). Otherwise, a very nice custom (love Aerial Assault!)(Legendary Swordsmanship is similar but opposite my Crowd Pleaser power on my entry).
That is a good point you made about Master Counter Strike. I will have to fix that.

Also, you are right about crowd pleaser and legendary swordsmanship. To be honest I was so proud of thinking up that ability (I had not seen anything similar to it before), but then it turns out you have an ability that was on the same page as mine.

I guess great minds do think a like........right?

Anyways, thanks for the feedback and your custom is quite good as well (I had to find it after you mentioned the similarity of abilities)
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
AAH! Can't decide!
Definitely the first one. That guy's awesome.
And Wave 1 is readily available for many people right now. He might actually get made.

EDIT: By the way, why is he medium 4 when the Roman Legionnaires are normally Medium 5?

Last edited by Nadom; July 11th, 2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Are you calling me short?
Old July 11th, 2009, 02:03 PM

bee is surprisingly tart

Because I'm calling you short.
Ok, I think I'll use that one.
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM

bee is surprisingly tart

@Panheadman: (from official un-official entry thread)
Good point.
I tend to abide by the advice that if you cost a figure highly, go ahead and make them powerful. Taking control of an opponent's card is a pretty powerful ability, but statistically, not that relevant on a single hero figure (especially one this likely to give up his turn anyways). Ne-Gok-Sa is arguably underpriced, but still...
That said, he would be pretty expensive even without that ability.

The ability (and entire figure concept) is in honor of my good friend Nadom, whose wife will no longer play due to one-too-many mindshacklings...
Old July 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think he looks good how he is. Compared to Kato and Spartacus, he is easier to kill and has less attack. An unlikely to happen and easily reversible power doesn't seem like it adds much to his cost.
Old July 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
I think he looks good how he is. Compared to Kato and Spartacus, he is easier to kill and has less attack. An unlikely to happen and easily reversible power doesn't seem like it adds much to his cost.
Right, and even more so because to use Conscript Empire, you'd have to bypass using Roman Orders, which is really the ability you should be banking on.
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart

mrkurtb has a great memory to remember me. i liked his story about "my" apparent death and return. i dont have as good a story for his namesake except for a tale of an "exclusive" figure that would allow some of the coolest and most underused figures to see some game play. so in a way as mrkurtb has attepted to resurrect me from the depths of obscurity, so too does the Darklord of Kurtsburg attempt to resurrect some super neato units that no sane person would draft under normal circumstances. thanks for the inspiration mrkurtb. time permitting i may be able to upload some new pictures of some old maps that no one outside of my house has seen.

ps... thanks to all those people who have made tutorials and such for custom cards.

Last edited by caravaggio; July 12th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:24 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, I think I have seem my two favorite custom entries appear in the last two days, and neither one of them is mine! Even though Consul Dominicus is in the same Roman theme as my Satyro Colmanius, I reall like to overall powers and color scheme of Dominicus. As for the other entry, I really like Darklord of Kurtsburg. Both of these customs do what many of my creations have attempted, make useful some less used official figures.

Quick editing note for caravaggio: adjacent is spelled wrong in the Guadrians of the Darklord special ability, and you have Darklord of Feylund as his name instead of Darklord of Kurtsburg in his Lava Resistance special ability.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart

thanks for the compliment and the spell checking, 1moreheroscaper. i got it corrected now. i'm glad somebody likes the Darklord of Kurtsburg. i really thought he filled a fun thematic niche between some of utgars "guards" and the much maligned relentless heroes. so not only would the dumutefs and obsidian guards arguably be worth playing, but khosumet and tealord get a little boost too.

by the way, "the darklord of feylund" was his working title before i was inspired by mrkurtb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games