Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon
Hexicon Subforum for Hexicon

Old October 5th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
HexiCon II Event Suggestion Thread!

HexiCon 2 is approaching!

I'm looking for suggestions for events! You are welcome to suggest point totals, figure limits, ban/restricted lists and if customs/Marvel are allowed, to avoid potential army types as well. Please mention that when you suggest such limits.

I already have some events picked out but looking for more ideas too!

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 14th, 2023 at 01:37 AM.
Old October 5th, 2023, 04:36 PM

Dandelions is surprisingly tart
Re: HexiCon 2 Event Suggestion Thread!

I submit Get Outta My Swamp! It might be BYOK (Bring Your Own Krug!)

Old October 5th, 2023, 05:04 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As one who has never been to any of the Con's, I am not going to comment on the event suggestion (other the impressive marketing piece). However, I do want to throw in a friendly, "Welcome to the site, fellow Canadian!"
Old October 5th, 2023, 07:29 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks neat! It'd be very fun for one game and then have diminishing returns. An event full of meme formats might be okay though.

I really liked the fixed draft event used at Scapecon finals. It'd be cool to do one with VC pools.

I think there is a place for a B+ or lower, 18 figure, rule of 9 event or something similar.

Finally, if a Vcheese event is going to happen it'd be cool to have a RtW final round. Would be spicy

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old October 7th, 2023, 01:04 AM

Earthling knows what's in an order marker Earthling knows what's in an order marker

A VC inclusive B+ and under would be a lot of fun.
Old October 10th, 2023, 11:42 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I always like Bring 2 (or 3), there are many variants of. My favorite is "cut the cake" where person one narrows it down to two armies and person two picks which of them to play. Alternative is "pick your poison" where both players pick what the other player plays with among all the armies brought. Both of these require people to bring armies that are roughly equal in power, but your choice if high power or low power armies.
  • I like allowing VC.
  • If going with Pick 2 I am indifferent on Delta+ but it should not have a restricted list, and even think Marvel should be allowed.
  • If only one army I like either Delta+ or restricted list, no Marvel.
Old October 10th, 2023, 09:06 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I always like Bring 2 (or 3), there are many variants of. My favorite is "cut the cake" where person one narrows it down to two armies and person two picks which of them to play. Alternative is "pick your poison" where both players pick what the other player plays with among all the armies brought. Both of these require people to bring armies that are roughly equal in power, but your choice if high power or low power armies.
  • I like allowing VC.
  • If going with Pick 2 I am indifferent on Delta+ but it should not have a restricted list, and even think Marvel should be allowed.
  • If only one army I like either Delta+ or restricted list, no Marvel.
I am with Lefton, I am partial to bring 2 and both of those variations.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old October 17th, 2023, 08:05 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

I had an idea of a variation of bring two. Each person brings 1 army 500 pts, 20 hexes, no restricted list. Then army 2 is 500 pts, 20 hexes, nothing from the restricted list. Dice roll at the beginning of the game, and the winner chooses if it will be each person’s army 1 or army 2. May not be viable at all, but I thought it might be a fun way to include some of the “cheese” armies while also having some lower tier make a run. It also may be too similar to something like cut the cake if that’s going to be one of the formats
Old October 18th, 2023, 03:37 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like drafting armies on the spot.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon