Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 27th, 2023, 06:02 PM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart
Re: New heroscape models - Mrcellophane1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
@Mrcellophane not sure if you are still having issues posting Deadeye Dan on Thingiverse, but he is not showing up on your link.

Thanks, I had to redo Deadeye Dan. I hate thingiverse!

Crixus us also up, and I added the missing Ashigaru Yari, and redid another one as the one that was there was unedited.

Also slightly tuned the 4th Regiment of foot as I missed the braid details on their chests and added a mustache to the 10th regiment which was missing. I need to get better at version control!
Old February 28th, 2023, 12:23 PM

Do you need to make supports manually for resin printers? I assumed the slicer did it automatically?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Deadeye Dan is up - edit, thingiverse screwed up again. Will put up tnt.
@Mrcellophane1978 I stand corrected all of the Ashigaru and Knights are showing up and I downloaded them. I don't know what was occurring, but they are all there. Your work on sharpening is fantastic and sounds tedious. I truly appreciate the effort you are putting in to this.
Thanks. Glad it's working. Having to go slower than I anticipated as busy with family stuff, but still intending to add more. Will prioritise heroes to go faster. Thanks for support!

Ps would love to see any pics if you make some prints.

@Mrcellophane1978 I am designing the supports for the Knights, Sir Denrick, Gorillinators, Arrow Gruts, And Warden 816. I have an Anycubic Photon Mono X, which has a pretty good size print bed. I can fit all of those along with one other miscellaneous figure that I found on Cults3D. I should have the supports done and the print under way in a day or two. I will definitely send you pics once I get them completed. The Knights, Sir Denrick, and the Gorrilinators have been figures that I’ve wanted for many years now and missed out on when Heroscape was still in production.
Old February 28th, 2023, 04:32 PM

Cyprien Esenwein is up.
Old February 28th, 2023, 04:32 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@Mrcellophane1978 no you have to manually build the supports. I use both Chitubox and Anycubic Photon Workshop although I prefer Chitubox. Both do have an automated support function, but in my experience neither is good and causes print failures. The support design is tedious but the more I do the quicker and better I get at it. I have completed the prints I spoke of earlier and will send pics shortly.

Last edited by gatormustang; February 28th, 2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old February 28th, 2023, 08:08 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@Mrcellophane1978 attached are my first set of prints from yours and SandwichSteve sharpened scans of @scapedood . They came out great. I still have some clean up sanding to do, but other than that the detail is really good. I have also been anxious to get the Esenwein family so thank you once again for continuing your work and getting Cyprien done. Cyprien along with the Ashigaru are next.

Arrow Gruts

Gorillanators

Knights of Weston

Sir Denrick, Warden 816, and a free STL called Valdraice the Reforged
Old March 1st, 2023, 06:59 AM

White knight has posted a full set of supports for all heroscape units. They are based on lyte3ds scans not mine, but you could copy them?
Quote:
@Mrcellophane1978 no you have to manually build the supports. I use both Chitubox and Anycubic Photon Workshop although I prefer Chitubox. Both do have an automated support function, but in my experience neither is good and causes print failures. The support design is tedious but the more I do the quicker and better I get at it. I have completed the prints I spoke of earlier and will send pics shortly.
Old March 1st, 2023, 07:03 AM

Awesome! First time I have seen these printed.

The arrow gruts were hard, took me ages to realise that one weird shape was a tongue!

Very interested to see how humanoid faces come out as I have to reconstruct them from scratch as there is so little details in the original scans.
Any problems or errors let me know!
Thanks.

Quote:
@Mrcellophane1978 attached are my first set of prints from yours and SandwichSteve sharpened scans of @scapedood . They came out great. I still have some clean up sanding to do, but other than that the detail is really good. I have also been anxious to get the Esenwein family so thank you once again for continuing your work and getting Cyprien done. Cyprien along with the Ashigaru are next.

Arrow Gruts

Gorillanators

Knights of Weston

Sir Denrick, Warden 816, and a free STL called Valdraice the Reforged
Old March 1st, 2023, 07:04 AM

I'll do the rest of the esenwein family next for you. You could always have a crack at it yourself BTW. Would be happy to zoom you and show how it's done.
Old March 1st, 2023, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I'll do the rest of the esenwein family next for you. You could always have a crack at it yourself BTW. Would be happy to zoom you and show how it's done.
That would be awesome to get all of the Esenwein's. Thank you for prioritizing them up on your list. Just FYI I have started to dabble with Blender. To start off I am actually trying to update your sharpened Cyprien. What I have done so far is sharpened his mouth so it looks open and that his two upper fangs are more prominent. Additionally, I enhanced the bat on his chest plate and added detail to his hair. I have not learned how to put STLs on Thingiverse so I will work on that, but will try to get you a picture of what I have done in Blender if I can get a good one.
Old March 1st, 2023, 04:47 PM

You just export as an STL its super easy

Quote:
Quote:
That would be awesome to get all of the Esenwein's. Thank you for prioritizing them up on your list. Just FYI I have started to dabble with Blender. To start off I am actually trying to update your sharpened Cyprien. What I have done so far is sharpened his mouth so it looks open and that his two upper fangs are more prominent. Additionally, I enhanced the bat on his chest plate and added detail to his hair. I have not learned how to put STLs on Thingiverse so I will work on that, but will try to get you a picture of what I have done in Blender if I can get a good one.
Old March 1st, 2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I just posted it on Thingiverse with the below link:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5885433

Once again this is my first attempt with something in Blender. Hopefully it looks good to others. It did say it would take I believe 24 hours to post even though I can see it when I click the link.

Last edited by gatormustang; March 2nd, 2023 at 10:52 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2023, 07:08 AM

Says 404 can't find the link.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I just posted it on Thingiverse with the below link:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5885433

Once again this is my first attempt with something in Blender. Hopefully it looks good to others. It did say it would take I believe 24 hours to post even though I can see it when I click the link.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing