Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old March 5th, 2023, 10:17 AM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New heroscape models - Mrcellophane1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
One more tip: I haven't had any issues Editing a model after it successfully posts, so you might want to add the bare minimum, publish it, and make sure it posts. Then you can come back and edit.

I still don't know how to get my first photo in the slide show to be the picture I want. Half of mine have the bases shown first.
It looks like I am able to post the models on Thingiverse without any issues now. I have created my own thread that will augment the work that @Mrcellophane1978 is doing since there are a lot of figures to do. My new post is Sharpened Heroscape Models by gatormustang. So far I have the Axegrinders of Burning Forge and Cyprien Esenwein and will keep adding as I go along.
Old March 5th, 2023, 04:36 PM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
Quote:
@White Knight and @Mrcellophane1978 thank you both for your comments on Thingiverse. Hopefully this link works. If either of you could check to see that you are seeing my sharpened version of Mrcellophane1978's sharpened version I would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5888358

Additionally, if I can get Thingiverse working correctly for me I am wrapping up the four Axegrinders of the Burning Forge and will have them posted today or tomorrow.

Yes that worked, I saw you had updated the mouth and chest bat. I might update my mouth as well. It was late at night and I needed bed, your mouth looks better. I saw you added some hair too. Looks nice. One thing I found to be careful about though, at least for FDM printers, is very very fine details can cause issues, e.g. I added runes to Darrak Ambershards sword, but when I printed them it sort of made the surface a bit..... scrabbly and stringy. You are using resin so probably ok, but I don't know if that kind of hair texture you applied would affect an FDM print. Might be totally fine though.

p.s. just a tip, when you alter a model someone else has posted, it's good practice to tick the "remix" box, and search for and link the original - so people know where the models came from and also for version control. Mine all came from lyte3d or sandwichsteve, so if you edit mine you can link mine, or if you edit theirs then link to theirs. Just letting you know
@Mrcellophane1978 thanks for letting me know that it worked. I actually did what @White Knight recommended just to go directly to publish. Also thanks for the tip on remix to identify the model and creator that I updated from. I put it in the summary, but did not know about the remix click. I will definitely do that from now on. The Axegrinders are taking a little longer than I thought due to some bad scan areas. They will be posted tomorrow. I am going to start my own thread so I am not confusing the great work you are doing.

Hey, your axegrinder models look really good Only comment is it would make it easier if you upload them all to the same thingiverse link than separate ones. Good work!
Old March 5th, 2023, 04:45 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@White Knight and @Mrcellophane1978 thank you both for your comments on Thingiverse. Hopefully this link works. If either of you could check to see that you are seeing my sharpened version of Mrcellophane1978's sharpened version I would greatly appreciate it.

Additionally, if I can get Thingiverse working correctly for me I am wrapping up the four Axegrinders of the Burning Forge and will have them posted today or tomorrow.

Yes that worked, I saw you had updated the mouth and chest bat. I might update my mouth as well. It was late at night and I needed bed, your mouth looks better. I saw you added some hair too. Looks nice. One thing I found to be careful about though, at least for FDM printers, is very very fine details can cause issues, e.g. I added runes to Darrak Ambershards sword, but when I printed them it sort of made the surface a bit..... scrabbly and stringy. You are using resin so probably ok, but I don't know if that kind of hair texture you applied would affect an FDM print. Might be totally fine though.

p.s. just a tip, when you alter a model someone else has posted, it's good practice to tick the "remix" box, and search for and link the original - so people know where the models came from and also for version control. Mine all came from lyte3d or sandwichsteve, so if you edit mine you can link mine, or if you edit theirs then link to theirs. Just letting you know
@Mrcellophane1978 thanks for letting me know that it worked. I actually did what @White Knight recommended just to go directly to publish. Also thanks for the tip on remix to identify the model and creator that I updated from. I put it in the summary, but did not know about the remix click. I will definitely do that from now on. The Axegrinders are taking a little longer than I thought due to some bad scan areas. They will be posted tomorrow. I am going to start my own thread so I am not confusing the great work you are doing.

Hey, your axegrinder models look really good Only comment is it would make it easier if you upload them all to the same thingiverse link than separate ones. Good work!
Good point and I did think about that after I posted. Do you just add multiple STL files on the same Thing Upload? If so I will create a new Thing that has all four together.
Old March 5th, 2023, 05:51 PM

Yes exactly. Good luck.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good point and I did think about that after I posted. Do you just add multiple STL files on the same Thing Upload? If so I will create a new Thing that has all four together.
Old March 10th, 2023, 05:36 PM

Sonya Esenwein is up at the request of @gatormustang . Was a tough one!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5903115

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing