Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?
Re: Custom Common Hero Contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper Zeta View Post
I totally agree with you on the point that he probaly should have something to make him seem more nasty with a name like "Mauler". It was just a name that struck me as nice an wolf-ie so in light of that fact I revised the card to include Unleashed Fury as you suggested and dropped his attack to one to maybe try and balance him out more as I'd really like to keep it at 25 points.

This is interesting. He is the same cost as one Anubian Wolf.
What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

Do these cancel out? Quite possibly. The 3 activations, with a potentially VERY high attack, is huge. Darklord Bonding is probably close, though, since it can give a reliable extra Attack Die due to Relentless Assault. However, you would then risk Khosumet on the front lines. This would nerf his "glyph" power. Protect the Pack Leader helps to alleviate this. The extra 2 Defense of the Anubians, however, really give them a chance to survive for a while.

I wonder if you can't give him an extra Defense Die, and still keep him at 25 points. This is a tough one to judge!
I know I was actually thinking about that myself, and how another defense would be nice, but it may unbalance him from being able to be at 25 points which is where I'd like to keep him at.

If anyone else has views or opinions on this matter I'd love to hear them.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I totally agree with you on the point that he probaly should have something to make him seem more nasty with a name like "Mauler". It was just a name that struck me as nice an wolf-ie so in light of that fact I revised the card to include Unleashed Fury as you suggested and dropped his attack to one to maybe try and balance him out more as I'd really like to keep it at 25 points.

What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

Do these cancel out? Quite possibly. The 3 activations, with a potentially VERY high attack, is huge. Darklord Bonding is probably close, though, since it can give a reliable extra Attack Die due to Relentless Assault. However, you would then risk Khosumet on the front lines. This would nerf his "glyph" power. Protect the Pack Leader helps to alleviate this. The extra 2 Defense of the Anubians, however, really give them a chance to survive for a while.

I wonder if you can't give him an extra Defense Die, and still keep him at 25 points. This is a tough one to judge!
I know I was actually thinking about that myself, and how another defense would be nice, but it may unbalance him from being able to be at 25 points which is where I'd like to keep him at.

I think he's done pretty well, but you might want to change unleashed fury a little to add the defense. Maybe make it "if you get a 20, you must thank whatever gods you believe in and add 6 attack to you mauler."<grin>
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

I think he's done pretty well, but you might want to change unleashed fury a little to add the defense. Maybe make it "if you get a 20, you must thank whatever gods you believe in and add 6 attack to you mauler."<grin>
Wow, honestly I hadn't thought of lowering and/or changing around the numbers for Unleashed Fury! So thanks for that, I lowered the final attack boost to +6 and added one to his defense, I'm thinking this I pretty good. But as always I'm open to suggestions.

Old May 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Huh, I just noticed this. Well, I'm putting together a card, but until I get it together, I will post my idea for comment and to make sure it is in on time:

Figure:

Mage Knight Brass Commander

Details:
Decoy Drone
Soulborg/Common Hero/Tricky/Medium 5
1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
0 Attack
2 Defense
10 Points

Follow the Leader- After taking a turn with any Unique Hero you control, you may move one Decoy Drone you control 5 spaces.

Protect the Leader- If a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to a Decoy Drone you control becomes the target of an attack, you may switch the positions of the Unique Hero and the Decoy Drone (do not roll for disengagement strikes or any terrain effects) and have the Decoy Drone take the attack instead.
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Perfectly simple.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 10th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After looking at the new elves, they really need something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne's Entry

Earth Walker
- Ullar, 30 points

Treant
Common Hero
Warrior
Valiant
Large 9

Life: 1
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

Elven Command: Instead of taking a turn with an Earth Walker, you may take a turn with any Elf common squad you control. Any figure that is taking a turn instead of an Earth Walker must be within clear sight of any Earth Walker you control before moving.

Tough: When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Earth Walkers always add one extra sheild to whatever is rolled.
This would allow you to make a great elven army that may only require 2 cards to put OM's on. Do you go with your Elven wizards, or your Elven common squads? His size and toughness should make him a fairly stalwart LOS blocker to protect your elven flanks. It also fits the elven theme having to choose to take a turn with the guy you put the OM on, or someone else. I struggled with the cost because I wanted him to fit into those kinds of armies, be useful, but not too useful. Hopefully I've found that balance.

Now if only some kind soul could help me with making a card...

Last edited by Velenne; May 10th, 2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Made him a treant instead of an elf, though I don't know about the legality of the name.
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster View Post
Protect the Leader- If a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to a Decoy Drone you control becomes the target of an attack, you may switch the positions of the Unique Hero and the Decoy Drone (do not roll for disengagement strikes or any terrain effects) and have the Decoy Drone take the attack instead.
I would switch the bolded text to 'The Decoy Drone is now the target of the attack' just to make it sound more official.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games