Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Dallas/Ft.Worth 3rd Annual Team Tournament - Feb 28, 2009

Dallas/Ft.Worth's 3rd Annual Team Heroscape Tournament

Location - The wonderful guys at Madness Games & Comics in Plano have access to an excellent facility upstairs from their shop. It has ample room and is a great set up.

Date & Time - Saturday, Feb 28th, 2009. High Noon

Sponsors:
- Madness Games & Comics
- VixenTor Games
- WarGamersHeadquarters

Cost - $10 per head, $20 per team.

Food - Food will not be provided, however, there is a Subway and a few other restaturants within walking distance.

Prizes - particpants are not required to bring prize table items
  • A C-note - courtesy of Rev
  • Madness Games & Comics certificates
  • 2 WargamersHeadquarters.com certificates ($25 each)
  • 30 Wargamersheadquarters.com particpant coupons ($3 each)
  • VixenTor Games Dice Tower
  • 2 Rise of the Valkyrie Master sets
  • Marvel set
  • Aquilla's Alliance
  • Ticalla Jungle
  • Carr Loves Dund T shirt by mrBistro
  • Various small boosters
Event Parameters:
  • Fixed Teams: Same teammate all day; same army all day
  • All HeroScape: (no marvel figures)
  • Points = 600 - One player on the team can control up to 100 more points than the other player. (I.E. Player 1 = 350 pts, Player 2 = 250 pts or any combination in between)
  • Shared team start zones of 28 hexes
  • Glyphs only affect units you control.
  • Army card auras and enhancements state directly on the card whether they affect only units you control or friendly units, which would be your teammate's units.
  • Each team will NOT be able to have more than one of any unique army card.
  • Team members cannot field the same common army card.
  • Additional team rules are per the rule book:
    Team seating and play:If you're playing a team game, teammates should sit next to each other on one side of the table facing their opponents. Teammates play the game separately, but they can discuss strategy, offer suggestions, and so on.
Glyphs - glyphs will be static or random depending on the map.
  • Glyph of Atrid ( Attack +1 )
  • Glyph of Dagmar ( Initiative +8 )
  • Glyph of Gerda ( Defense +1 )
  • Glyph of Valda ( Move +2 )
  • Glyph of Kelda ( Healer )
  • Glyph of Wannok ( Wound )
Maps:

A Crossing to Bear

Rush Hour

The Cradle of Titans

The Ruins of Castle Dramglade

Fire Starter Ver. 2.0

Current Team List:
  1. Team RevR˙er - Revdyer & R˙chean
  2. Team Lucifer - Dignan & Podwest
  3. Team Longer - LongHS & one more
  4. Almost & Wannabe - Rod & rym
  5. Team Realtree - Junge Roman & John Smith
  6. Team DragonWolf - AnubianWolf88 & GladDragon
  7. Team Hyperdoc - NinthDoc & son
  8. Team Weird Buddies - BuddyLee & Dr. Weirdscaper
  9. A Drunk and his Driver - Drlivingston & BroInLaw
  10. Team Sojourners - Velenne & Luke
  11. Team JonCurse - Sweetcurse & Jonathan
  12. A Humble Attempt - Kurisenshi & SaintByGrace
  13. Team NoName - jwsanders & Clay
  14. Team MAX - InfinityMax and MiniMax
  15. Team RushWars - Markwars & geddy-lifeson
  16. Team Axe Kickers - Dicemaster & neo

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 28th, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth 3rd Annual Team Tournament - Feb 28, 200

Thanks for getting the discussion going, R˙chean.

Who are these "several key players" in the area? Because apparently, that doesn't include me!

Actually, I like the idea's set forth so far, but I would be up for changing the point totals a little to get some more diversity in army builds. Instead of 600, what about 580? That's 290 per person and that would create a bit more variety, I think. You can't field 3 squads of Microcorp that way. (Well you could, assuming your partner was willing to give up the ten points, but I digress. You get the point).

Anyway, thanks for starting it up.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Who are these "several key players" in the area? Because apparently, that doesn't include me!
Everyone knows all the key players meet up in Richardson every Tuesday night (omitting DrL, of course).

Anyway, way to get this post rolling. I'll link in maps that I generate as we test them. That way people who are unable to join us on Tuesdays can at least try out we have been playing and voice their opinions.

As far as points go, I really don't have an opinion. Team Lucifer will wipe the floor with everyone at any point total.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I'm good for the date, even if that Sunday is the First Sunday in Lent.

I'm good for the army size.

I'd like to suggest what we did in Arkansas at our last event and have no attack or defense glyphs.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I'm good for the date, even if that Sunday is the First Sunday in Lent.

I'm good for the army size.

I'd like to suggest what we did in Arkansas at our last event and have no attack or defense glyphs.
Just to pipe in on glyphs. I understand removing powerful glyphs from one on one tournaments, but in team events, their value is reduced since they effect less figures. By removing some of the more powerful ones, they become so diminished in a team setting to be almost negilable.

In our playtesting last week, it was difficult to give enough incentives with glyphs to encourage moving to the low ground (or other less desirable locations). I think that we may need some more powerful glyphs to make more interesting choices for the players on a given map.

All that said, everything is open to discussion. Since glyphs are such a key element in map design (at least I think so), I will do my best to listen to everyone as glyphs are incorporated into the maps we choose to use for this event.
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:50 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Dignan, I certainly understand your point about the need for glyphs in many great map designs. Our experience was that even just using the +2 move, +8 Initiative, Wound, and Intercept Order glyphs there was plenty of incentive to go for the glyphs. (We did use Lodin, too, which, you are right, doesn't attract much movement.) It was nice to have glyphs as part of the games without them becoming the very heart of the games, which does tend to happen, I think, when there are attack and defense glyphs in the pool. I'll be happy either using them or not, though.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And I'll be happy with the 600 point limit after all...

Old November 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

In light of Rym's satisfaction with 600, I suggest we go down to 580 with up to 80 shared. One player can be as low as 250 and one can be as high as 330.

I also can see upping the glyph power a bit but lowering the numbers of glyphs: Move +2, Defense +1, Unique Attack + 1, Wound, Inititaive +8, and Intercept Order.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 4th, 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM

As the foreigner...I'm happy with a +1 Unique attack as long as there is NO +1 Common attack glyph.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Who Bummed Woo

Are you serious about the 580 now? Man, I so came up with the perfect 295, I mean, 300 point army.

Oh well, I didn't want to run 3 squads of rats anyway.

Edit: I say in light of Rev's satisfaction with Unique attack +1, then we include Common attack as well.

Last edited by rym; November 4th, 2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: I'm no R˙chean, so I know my words carry no weight...
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Edit: I say in light of Rev's satisfaction with Unique attack +1, then we include Common attack as well.
You do know, rym, don't you, that if you do things just to irritate me, that your hemorrhoids are going to flare up really badly the day before the tournament. You do know that, don't you. (Check now, you'll see it could be true.) It is not my doing on any personal level, but it happens in a karmic sort of way.
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Hopefully I can be there this time with an legal army.
rym, if you say something about it, you will have to see a proctologist to remove my shoes from you!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events