Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Allow "new" version of Hatamoto for tourney?
yes 2 25.00%
no 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14th, 2008, 09:49 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
DFW - Richardson Open - Pictures Fixed!

The Richardson Open

The Richardson Open is a small tournament that will be hosted in Richardson (hence the title). We are looking at capping the entries at 8 players but it could be expanded to 10. The venue will be my home in Richardson.

What sets this tournament apart?

Size: It's a small tournament. It will probably feel more like a "game day" than a tournament. We will all be playing competitive armies, but I think we will all get to know each other better than the average person you come up against in a larger event.

Army Construction: We will play with 500 point armies. However, each army can only be constructed with troops from one general. This is a simple enough "monkey wrench" to throw into the mix to spice things up a bit. And before you ask, Master Woo can be added to an Ullar Army.

Maps: We will play on relatively "standard" tournament maps (see following). However, they will all be original for this event. This is simply an effort to try competitive armies on some new terrain. A discussion of the maps will (hopefully) be a main focus of this thread.

Details:

Where:
My home in Richardson - PM for address

When:

Saturday April 26th, 1 pm
5 rounds of play

Entry fee:
$10

Prizes:
This is a straight money event, no "prize table" items.
1st - $45
2nd - $25
3rd - $10

Attendees :

Dignan
PodWest
Anthony G
Dr Livingston
Rodriquez
R˙chean
John C
Dragon

Maps:
Molten Stronghold
Tripdien's Glade
Flash Fire
On Frozen pond
the Dam Ruins

Glyphs
Wounding
+1 Common Attack
+1 Unique Attack
+1 Defense
Lucky D20
+2 Move
+8 Initiative

Additional Information:

Anyone interested in being more involved in the Map creation and selection process can join us on Tuesday evenings at the event location (again PM for address)as we work out the kinks in the possible maps.

Last edited by Dignan; April 27th, 2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:01 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Maps

Updated: 4/09

Lava Map

Download Molten Stronghold

Forrest Map

Download Tridien's Glade

Download Flash Fire

Ice Map

Download On Frozen Pond

Fortress Map

Download the Dam Ruins

Last edited by Dignan; April 19th, 2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:27 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
dang!
just saw the date Im gonna have to miss this one.
april 12th is my kids cub scout spring campout

-
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas Area - First Annual Richardson Open

Thanks for getting this all together, Dignan. Playing on the potential maps every week and being able to offer input to selection and tweaks has been really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan
And before you ask, Master Woo can be added to an Einar Army.
Got to be Ullar--right?

Glyphs? As the Deathwalker representative I vote NO to the wounding glyph!

How about 510 points? Just to add more "spice"? Spice is nice...

And rules for snow and ice?

As far as the maps go, I think I'm starting to lean towards the High Road for the forest map. I haven't played both ice maps yet, so I dunno there. I don't know how "balanced" it is, but I love the Dam Ruins. I noticed you staggered the height on the castle pieces to screw the dragons. Sad, but probably necesary...

Again, I am pumped! Thanks and see you Tuesday!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez
dang!
just saw the date Im gonna have to miss this one.
april 12th is my kids cub scout spring campout
Cub Scouts takes out more 'scaper from tournaments than any other organization! Have fun with the kid, but you'll be missed!
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:31 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I will still be on my honeymoon. You crazy cats have fun!
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM

Re: Dallas Area - First Annual Richardson Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston

Got to be Ullar--right?
Yep, your right. Changed it in the main post.

Quote:

Glyphs? As the Deathwalker representative I vote NO to the wounding glyph!
Will update. I would like to see the wounding glyph stay in the pool, but I guess we could put it to a vote. I think it's one of the more "exciting" glyphs.

Quote:
How about 510 points? Just to add more "spice"? Spice is nice...
Eh... 510 just helps a handful of armies. Whatever point cost we set it to, some armies will get the shaft because the "extra" points will just go to filler, while others will be able to get that one figure they really wanted. I don't think that making it 510 adds anything. However, I could be talked into 503.

Quote:
And rules for snow and ice?
Normal on both accounts. Unless testing proves otherwise. Slippery ice might be fun on Frozen Pond. Frozen corridor has some interesting possibilities if I move the ice around. Tuesday we might tinker with that idea.

Quote:
I don't know how "balanced" it is, but I love the Dam Ruins. I noticed you staggered the height on the castle pieces to screw the dragons. Sad, but probably necesary...
Yeah, I'm going to tweak Dam Ruins alot to try and make it as balanced as I can. It's a tough map to make "fair". That said, it's a ton of fun to play on so I think we should try and make it work out. We'll see how it fairs this Tuesday with new tweaks.
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I may be able to make some of these Tuesday test-nights, however, one of my best buds of the last 18 years is getting married the same day. It wouldn't bode well to miss his wedding for some 'scaping - at least with everyone but me

Anyways, guys have fun at that one, and DrL, I will still ask the wife about Tuesday. Still looking for that "magic" moment.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:47 PM

kurisenshi has disabled reputation
Sweet! I'm looking forward to it. I'm getting all FRENZIED up about it already...
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM

Had a thought about the glyph pool: What is everyone's opinion about adding the Thorian glyph to the pool? Obviously it's a strong glyph, but it might be fun to play with. It's clearly a glyph that favors melee armies so it might be a bit unfair to have it included.

Thoughts...?
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wound glyph and now this? You really don't want me using the Deathwalker army, do you?

My inital reaction was to scream,"No!", but how about we play with it Tuesday night and see what happens?

How bad could it be...
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston
Wound glyph and now this? You really don't want me using the Deathwalker army, do you?

My inital reaction was to scream,"No!", but how about we play with it Tuesday night and see what happens?

How bad could it be...
I think I'm already talking myself out of it. It seems like a bit much to have a glyph that helps melee out that much. I'm just trying to shake things up. But this might make things uneven.
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've always thought the Thorian glyph should effect both teams- like the Wind glyph. But what do I know?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events