Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Started working at Gamestop this week. Picked up Forza 4, NCAA 12, Darksiders 2, and GTA IV with Liberty Cities. Unfortunately I am an Assistant Manager at Gamestop and Finish Line, I am going to school full-time, and getting married in 3 weeks, so the game I am currently playing is no game at all...
Congrats on getting married, but I've read articles that Gamestop is one of the worst companies to be employed at based on numerous factors. Hopefully the place you're working at will be different.
It wouldn't be as fun as you'd think at an associate level. As an Assistant Manager, at least in my district, they take pretty good care of me. My pay is competitive. I started as a Senior Game Advisor and was moved to AM within a month. They seem genuinely excited to have me and have jumped through hurdles to get me there (such as time off for the wedding and school) PTO accrual is higher than it is at Finish Line, plus they offer pretty good Tuition Reimbursement so I am not paying very much for school. Overall, when I compare my two jobs, I am much more thrilled with Gamestop. It isn't as glorious as everyone thinks, but, at least in my district, it isn't this corporate powerhouse who will do anything to milk another dollar out of anyone. Gamestop's always treated me pretty well as a customer, and so far, they've treated me better than any other job I've had as an employee. I'm pretty satisfied with them.
I was confused when the mention of GameStop being a horrible place to work was brought up. I have shopped at GameStop numerous times, and the employees honestly always look happy to be there. At least around here, GameStop is a great friendly place to shop for games and get suggestions.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games