Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: A Realistic Look at the Future of Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worseley View Post
lol, okay now please go to my website www.console-covers.com and leave a comment in the forums there. If the IP address you use matches that area, I'll tell everyone I'm sorry for doubting you.
I don't doubt his GF works for Hasbro. That doesn't mean that she is privy to all information. I used to work for MicroSoft. I wasn't privy to anything other than what I needed to do my job on the tech support lines.

As far as working in the Game board manufacturing facilit, that is all well and good. We know that 'Scape is produced in China, not domestically.
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
has been BANNED

madmike420 *glass shatters*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worseley View Post
lol, okay now please go to my website www.console-covers.com and leave a comment in the forums there. If the IP address you use matches that area, I'll tell everyone I'm sorry for doubting you.
I don't doubt his GF works for Hasbro. That doesn't mean that she is privy to all information. I used to work for MicroSoft. I wasn't privy to anything other than what I needed to do my job on the tech support lines.

As far as working in the Game board manufacturing facilit, that is all well and good. We know that 'Scape is produced in China, not domestically.
of course she does not know anything corporate wise, but on a production level she would notice if they were going to stop making a game. They give her bundles of papers with statics on production numbers and so on every month. She knew about the black stormshadow GI Joe figure months before anything I could find on the web, and her hasbro does not even make figures.
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM

KC-Destruction Woo who?

Haha, true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Truthfuly the game will not be huge forever. But what if they came out w/ StarWars Heroscape. That could bring in a whole nother wave of success for the game.
Or an epic wave of Fail. It could go both ways, in my opinion.
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:16 PM

sean100 costs too much!

i hope its not going to get discontinude at all.
HeroScape rules!
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Talos is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean100 View Post
i hope its not going to get discontinude at all.
HeroScape rules!
I agree with your sentiment. When you post next time, please could you make use of the spell check feature? I was wondering when Heroscape went 'nude'!!!

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:30 PM

rhodan818 has disabled reputation

I've seen at least one, if not multiple sets of wave8 at every walmart I've been to. It is worrisome
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodan818 View Post
I've seen at least one, if not multiple sets of wave8 at every walmart I've been to. It is worrisome
It's worrisome to see the latest wave in retail outlets?
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:16 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodan818 View Post
It's worrisome to see the latest wave in retail outlets?
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM

mcrow has disabled reputation

I'm not sure what everyone here is so worried about. From what I understand HS sells better than most of the game lines WotC currently has.

If this game was still under the Hasbro tag I'd be a lot more worried because they expect bigger things out of the Hasbro name than is expected out of the Wizards of the Coast name. Since WotC is sort of a niche game publisher HS is much more safe now than it was with Hasbro, even if Target, Kmart and the other don't carry it.

Atleast putting it in the gaming stores puts HS in front of the people most likely to buy it.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
I'm not sure what everyone here is so worried about. From what I understand HS sells better than most of the game lines WotC currently has.

If this game was still under the Hasbro tag I'd be a lot more worried because they expect bigger things out of the Hasbro name than is expected out of the Wizards of the Coast name. Since WotC is sort of a niche game publisher HS is much more safe now than it was with Hasbro, even if Target, Kmart and the other don't carry it.

Atleast putting it in the gaming stores puts HS in front of the people most likely to buy it.
What people (or at least me) are worried about is WotC's apparent lackadaisical indifference toward the line as displayed by the lack of support at GenCon 08 as well as the recent announcement of zero support of NHSD.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

I am agreeing with Cav on this one. It seems to me hasbro handed off heroscape to Wizard's hoping to assist in the issues they were having running the game as a game. When Wizard's took it we all thought it would be for the better, at first a lot were weary, yet optimistic. Then GenCon came around and those that attended were severely disappointed, yet again many held onto their optimism as NHSD was coming soon, and prize support was given. Yet with only one month to the day of the event they pulled their support.

I love this game just as much as anyone on here, yet WotC has made some serious mistakes that should be fixed before I will eblieve them capable of handling Heroscape.

DWARVES!
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Truthfuly the game will not be huge forever. But what if they came out w/ StarWars Heroscape. That could bring in a whole nother wave of success for the game.
Or an epic wave of Fail. It could go both ways, in my opinion.

I know a bad wave might make me consider dropping the game. If WOTC wanted to kill HS, they just would, they would not need to create a situation where a bad wave forces the market to end the line.

Heroscape is like a fruit. It has been growing and growing for may years. It may have gotten too big and unwieldy for the tree to deal with. It is almost to big for it to continue as it is. There are almost too many figures for each to get good playtime. Everyone has their own favorite general. Future waves may need to be general specific in their packaging. This would allow the players who focus on one general (because they do not have time to play everyone) can develop their armies like they want.

Instead of dropping the fruit and allowing it to grow into a tree itself, they kept it on the tree and it began to rot. WOTC took over the fruit and should be planting it. It is up in the air whether they will grow a tree (develop, support it, and allow it to grow into the next phase) or make jam (let it die while sucking the last bit of profitability from the franchise)

There is the danger that new waves need to keep becoming cooler to keep the line alive. The consequence is a type of power creep where no one will want to use MS1 figures because the Marro Warlord Kik-Yo-But from wave 16 can eat everone from wave 1-5.

HS is on the cruk of a change, but I don't know what it is

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News