Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Dünd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
There's TOTALLY some Dund Skahen love goin around.

Dund LOOOOOVES Skahen
So, Dund loves Skahen, Carr loves Dund, does that mean Skahen loves Carr?
When we were making Skahen, we called her Carr's gal. Like a character out of Shaft.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

The best approach I have found with Dund is to fly Saylind up and summon him on OM1 and then put OM2 on him. Worst case scenario it scares your opponent into having to use a card he wouldn't and best case you can cripple-chomp him.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Here's my problem with Dund:

His crippling gaze works, on average once every 3.3 attempts. That means that you need to use 3.3 order markers on him in order to remove 1 to 3 order markers from your opponent.

Sure, an order marker on Dund isn't a complete waste when crippling gaze fails to go off, but still, one attack of 3 isn't very much.

In order for Dund to be more useful, either his crippling gaze needs a better chance of success, or, he needs to provide some other use when activated.

The easiest way to 'fix' Dund would be to provide a squad which bonds with him, since that would dramatically lower the opportunity cost in using him.

Another potential fix would be to give Dund a Sonya like figure which would passively boost his success rate at crippling gaze (adding 4 to the die roll should do it).
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Played against Dund yesterday and he did more damage with his attack (two dead Marrdens) than his gaze (KO'd the "X" marker once). He does affect the thought process of your opponent in placing OMs though. Once he was adjacent to my Hounds I had to make sure to at least split my OMs for fear of losing an entire round.

~Aldin, frozen in fear

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Here's my problem with Dund:

His crippling gaze works, on average once every 3.3 attempts. That means that you need to use 3.3 order markers on him in order to remove 1 to 3 order markers from your opponent.

Sure, an order marker on Dund isn't a complete waste when crippling gaze fails to go off, but still, one attack of 3 isn't very much.

In order for Dund to be more useful, either his crippling gaze needs a better chance of success, or, he needs to provide some other use when activated.

The easiest way to 'fix' Dund would be to provide a squad which bonds with him, since that would dramatically lower the opportunity cost in using him.

Another potential fix would be to give Dund a Sonya like figure which would passively boost his success rate at crippling gaze (adding 4 to the die roll should do it).
Actually, Agent Skahen performs this task admirably. She is not a squad, but she provides bonding with her Cover Fire ability. My friends get rather concerned if I pull out this duo to play...he has come up big just about every time I pair him with her.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Somebody in one of the other threads mentioned that something about Wave 9 increased Dund's playability. Anybody know what he was talking about?

I keep wanting to play him effectively, but he never makes the cut.

~Z
I believe the discussion was with regard to the Gladiator "steamroller" army because it requires putting most all your markers on the gladiator squad pretty much the entire game.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:52 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

In a random game at home, it probably wouldn't be all that bad, as we tend to try new things and wacky combos in less 'serious' games.

Looking at it from a tourney perspective, I find that the higher percentage of armies have few cards. Fewer cards means less choices for OMs. Less choices means more on the same card. So in a tourney setting I think it could be overpowered, though the right point assignment to the squad that bonds with him could fix that.

Whatever happens, I'll be happy with anything that makes us dust off another forgotten figure (like Spartacus in W9).

-insert signature here-
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
If there is some sort of bonding squad for Dund, I'm thinking that it will probably just be movement bonding. Dare I say he'd be too good with normal bonding.

Dünd = good? It's like dividing by zero.

But seriously, I agree with you. A free chance to cripple every turn is a bit powerful.
I think it would depend more on the squad that goes with him. If say they are a squad of 4 and have 6 move 2A 2D 1R (basically a large blade grut with no synergy), would it still make him to good? Sure its a free chance to cripple, but if your opponent changes up his/her marker placement it may put Dund back in place. Not to mention that the skill does have a miss chance. After looking at that, if you place your markers well you will only lose 1 turn every 4th turn. Is that so bad?
Unless, of course, your opponent is within striking distance of all them with Dund, and the opponent guesses correctly where you put your OM's.
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
If there is some sort of bonding squad for Dund, I'm thinking that it will probably just be movement bonding. Dare I say he'd be too good with normal bonding.

But seriously, I agree with you. A free chance to cripple every turn is a bit powerful.
I agree, though the real problem with Dünd is not his power, per se, but the fact that he can't really do much else if it fails, except expect some reasonable survivability with his Defense of 5. If he could do a bit more (on top of Crippling Gaze) than have a decent chance of sticking around for a few rounds, then he would be more worth it. Perhaps if he could have a higher Attack, maybe 4, he would do a better job. In spite of his high Defense, he still isn't that good a survivor (Life 4), and you really can't justify throwing him into the thick of things like you would Tornak.

That said, a good roll against Spartacus would work quite nicely.

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM

Nathify is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, though the real problem with Dünd is not his power, per se, but the fact that he can't really do much else if it fails, except expect some reasonable survivability with his Defense of 5. If he could do a bit more (on top of Crippling Gaze) than have a decent chance of sticking around for a few rounds, then he would be more worth it. Perhaps if he could have a higher Attack, maybe 4, he would do a better job. In spite of his high Defense, he still isn't that good a survivor (Life 4), and you really can't justify throwing him into the thick of things like you would Tornak.

That said, a good roll against Spartacus would work quite nicely.
This one day I put Dund and Q10 high up in the castle. I always put 1 on dund. Then I put 2 and 3 on Q10. Dund always crippling gazed anybody that came too close then Q10 used wrist rocket to get the job done.

Things in life dissapoint you. Even heroscape...when you notice how light your wallet is.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:42 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

I think Dund is definetely due for a doggin bonding squad because he (it) is 110 points and over priced because all he/it can do is remove an om every turn if you get good rolls and only has one attack of three. A movement bonding squad will greatly help him because he can move up while the squad attacks and alternate between crippling and attacking. However, a normal bonding squad will make him/it too underpriced for only being 110 points with 4 attacks and a chance to remove om's all in one turn if you include the squad.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Nullondian steak is best served well-Dund with "crippling glaze." I seem to remember seeing that somewhere before . . .
Close...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units