Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NM24 - Process

The Hood is a hard to craft character because they completely changed him when they started up the "crimelord" aspect of who he is. Originally, he was an amoral thief who just happened to find a couple of powerup items. 120-140 point type of character. Now, they've retconned the cloak to link him to Dormammu (originally it was just the property of a Nisanti) and made him a knockoff version of Kingpin. This version is more Arch Villain.

I'm not sure the demon switcheroo is as random or as common as Uncontrollable Demon seems to imply. In fact, a version of Rage Will Empower Us could cover the demon transformation and leave it a single sided card. He could have three powers:

Rage: Triggers at "x" wounds for a +"y" to Atk/Def

Crimelord: Switched off by Rage

Invisible/Invincible: Switches from Invis to Invinc based on whether or not rage has triggered.

It would make for a far simpler card that retains most of what you're trying to do, I think.

~Aldin, paging Doctor Strange

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:07 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I hate retconn. Everything you thought you knew is wrong. I figure in a few years, they can start up RETCON. Have it in Florida and all the old Comics fans can sit around and talk about how much cooler it was in the old days, before the changes.
</IMG></IMG>

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post

I hate retconn. Everything you thought you knew is wrong. I figure in a few years, they can start up RETCON. Have it in Florida and all the old Comics fans can sit around and talk about how much cooler it was in the old days, before the changes.
</IMG></IMG>
I thought that was what the Comic Custom Forums are for. lol jk
I like this card very much with 2 sides and I feel it will lose some of it's coolness.
For RAGE WILL IMPOWER US you could possibly just give demon hood a range of 4 and for ever wound he has he gets an additional attack up to a maximum of plus 2. Also you could change his human range to 6. Just a thought.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the two-sided approach as well, especially if the mechanics can be worded out.

I might suggest having him be his crime lord persona most of the time, with only the occasional transformation into the demon personae.

I don't have the cards on my screen right now so I don't recall the required roll for making the switch, but I might suggest something like 1-15, he stays the crime lord, 16-20, he switches (and vise versa on the other side). I think it would be cool to always have that demon lurking, but rarely emerging (maybe even 1-17, 18-20???)

Another option would be to have a different trigger other than a d20 roll. Maybe taking or delivering a certain number of wounds in an attack? Maybe after a certain number of wounds on his card? Maybe if he is engaged by a certain number of enemies (ie. being threatened)?

I think there are some interesting possibilities here if Wolvie wanted to explore them.

I know there is a lot of fine tuning needed on the cards, but I think Wolvie has a chance to make this a really really cool card(s).
Old May 27th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess I just don't see anything that justifies a 2-sided card. When does he become the demon? Under the duress of combat. Do we have a way to represent combat duress? Sure - wound markers. I wouldn't reject a 2-sided card out of hand, I just don't think The Hood is complex enough to need that kind of treatment.

~Aldin, tematically efficient

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with Aldin, but that's a personal aesthetic for me. I don't have a dog in the fight.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You and Mike Vick both!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I think the question should be, how often dose the character change. If he often changes in combat, then the way things are set up work. If he tends to stay in his own human persona most of the time then a higher roll. Dose he change when it hurts him, or Messes up his plans ext?

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I guess I just don't see anything that justifies a 2-sided card. When does he become the demon? Under the duress of combat. Do we have a way to represent combat duress? Sure - wound markers. I wouldn't reject a 2-sided card out of hand, I just don't think The Hood is complex enough to need that kind of treatment.

I think what can justify it would be the radically different nature of his two "personalities". We aren't talking about just adding an ability or power, but essentially two unique characters in one body. The dual sided card could be a great way to reflect that in a fun and tactical way.
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
I thought that was what the Comic Custom Forums are for. lol jk
I like this card very much with 2 sides and I feel it will lose some of it's coolness.
For RAGE WILL IMPOWER US you could possibly just give demon hood a range of 4 and for ever wound he has he gets an additional attack up to a maximum of plus 2. Also you could change his human range to 6. Just a thought.
Good idea with the range difference, I'm thinking that if do that and as Badgermaniac says, with the demon coming less to show, being that he would be tied to a higher d20 roll.
to attend what Aldin says, the 2 sided card is a way of approaching the aggresive demon powers in him that only comes to show every now and then.. but when they do they really tend to kick some ass..
so even though I actually agree that he's not in need of a double sided card, it does in my opinion shows more of the character, + it's a fun technic to use, I've had him in play a couple of times, and it's been fun to have to cards in one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
I like the two-sided approach as well, especially if the mechanics can be worded out.

I might suggest having him be his crime lord persona most of the time, with only the occasional transformation into the demon personae.

I don't have the cards on my screen right now so I don't recall the required roll for making the switch, but I might suggest something like 1-15, he stays the crime lord, 16-20, he switches (and vise versa on the other side). I think it would be cool to always have that demon lurking, but rarely emerging (maybe even 1-17, 18-20???)

Another option would be to have a different trigger other than a d20 roll. Maybe taking or delivering a certain number of wounds in an attack? Maybe after a certain number of wounds on his card? Maybe if he is engaged by a certain number of enemies (ie. being threatened)?

I think there are some interesting possibilities here if Wolvie wanted to explore them.

I know there is a lot of fine tuning needed on the cards, but I think Wolvie has a chance to make this a really really cool card(s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Old May 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post

I somehow overlooked what you wrote here, that would be another fun way of going around it, also to better reach the theme.. I'll give some extra thoughts.. and return
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

You should have it where ever wound on the not demon side adds to the roll to turn demon and vice versa on the demon side where is subtracts from the roll making it harder to turn back. IDK I just think it would be thematic that the more damage the more he gives into the demon and then the demon is in a blood rage.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations