Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Green Lantern Movies Coming This Summer

There are two Green Lantern movies coming this year in the summer, the live action starring Ryan Reynolds, and an animated one which will come out 10 days earlier on June 7. Today's TV Guide gives some new information on the latter.

The direct to DVD animated film Green Lantern: Emerald Knights will star the voice of Nathan Fillion. You may remember his voicing Vigilante in the Justice League Unlimited series, including one episode with Firefly/Serenity co-star Gina Torres as Vixen.

The animation will feature a series of short stories about the adventures of the Green Lantern Corps. Fillion as Hal Jordan will mentor a new recruit played by Mad Men's Elizabeth Moss. The TV Guide Issue for Feb. 14-27 shows a small photo of Fillion wearing a GL T-Shirt during his recording session last year, and a cell of the animated GL.

"Ironically, Renolds and Fillion got their big breaks together on the ABC sitcom Two Guys and a Girl."

Last edited by chas; February 12th, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old June 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Green Lantern Movies Coming This Summer

I purchased the animated movie Green Lantern: Emerald Knights today and enjoyed it. I recommend it to anyone that enjoys the DC line of animated films.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
I purchased the animated movie Green Lantern: Emerald Knights today and enjoyed it. I recommend it to anyone that enjoys the DC line of animated films.
Well, I enjoy the DC line, andm ost of the DC TV shows and movies, so I might get it on Netflix if htey have it.

God, I wish Justice League was still on.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 8th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Well, I enjoy the DC line, andm ost of the DC TV shows and movies, so I might get it on Netflix if htey have it.

God, I wish Justice League was still on.
You and me both! A great show that got flushed down the toilet way too soon. I mean really, have you seen the mindless crap they have on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network these days! Just pitifully!!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Finally saw the Green Lantern live action film, and enjoyed it a lot. It made me feel good inside. Much more than the Thor movie (I give Thor a B and GL a B+). Both are based on heroes I cared about a lot as a comic reading teen back in the 60s. The GL special effects were great, but properly subordinated to the characters and plot, which is what you so rarely see these days.

Themes included initiation, growth, and transition, which we all need to think more about in our lives. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Is this the first DC movie to copy the postcredit Marvel film format of a teaser for the next film? Of course, it goes back to the old serials of the 30s and 40s, and is properly traditional.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies