Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM

darkchaos452366 has disabled reputation
Proxy for RTTFF Trees?

Hello dark again, My new question (Yes believe it another one) is when heroscape was abundant I never knew I would need more than one of each terrain set for amazing maps on the website. So the question I have is does anyone know an easy way to make good proxies to the evergreen trees of RTTFF so that they look similar? Also does anyone know how to make a mould for the bridge side pieces?
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Proxy for RTTFF Trees?

The bridge sides might be a bit more difficult to recreate, but the trees are pretty easy to find good proxies for. Go to a local model railroad shop, they should have some pine trees in stock of a similar size and shape. Hobby Lobby or Micheal's Crafts stores also have them in stock from time to time. In particular during the lead up to Christmas they usually have some snow covered pine trees that are the correct size. If you spend some time looking around this section, you should find a bunch of examples from different people who bought different pine trees and converted them into Heroscape use.
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchaos452366 View Post
Hello dark again, My new question (Yes believe it another one) is when heroscape was abundant I never knew I would need more than one of each terrain set for amazing maps on the website. So the question I have is does anyone know an easy way to make good proxies to the evergreen trees of RTTFF so that they look similar? Also does anyone know how to make a mould for the bridge side pieces?
The problem with making a mold of the bridge sides is the cost effectiveness. The casting supplies are expensive and you'll have to use up a mess of it to make a mold of that size. Casting common minis is about the only use that's worth the money. I'd buy some pink foam insulation, some black and gray acrylic paint, and carve my own bridge. It's easier than you might think, and you can get a huge sheet of insulation for about $15.
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:01 PM

Yes but my art skills are severely lacking
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:23 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Then buy bridge side pieces at Auggie's store. There is no way you can mold them for less.
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These are the best looking ones I've ever seen..

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/bac/bac32005.htm

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
These are the best looking ones I've ever seen..

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/bac/bac32005.htm
Those are the closest looking trees I've seen. Thats a great find B96!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 19th, 2013, 05:31 PM

How much to scale are those?

Other than that great find!
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mossman and Porkins are very much right. I have molded tons of figures and pieces and in the end unless your doing it for fun, its not cost effective. In fact the initial investment may not be so bad if you have a hobby lobby or micheals around with their constant 40% off sales but it takes hours of investment to make some decent ones.

My wife saw me spend hours and hours on my sacred band proxies, and she asked why not use that same time, go mow my brothers lawn and make an easy $20 and just buy them

because it was FUN ! fun.. I swear.. hours and hours of ....fun....
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any one have a picture of those trees in game?
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:40 PM

wanna see if I could gloss the branches for a more "hardened" feel for the trees. Any suggestionS?
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM

Those trees look a little flaky so does anyone have any experience using these on the battlefield? I want to see if I could coat the trees in some kind of thing so they would last longer and have a more "solid" feel to them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles