Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 2nd, 2016, 08:04 PM

TechToaster Woo who?
Anime Fest 2016 Tournament

So, I understand I'm posting this after the event has already passed, but that is mainly because I completely forgot about this place due to heavy school load during the summer, haha.

However, fun fact, due to that I'm now in a different university and my official degree is Game Design, specifically Level Design and Environmental Art. As such, I -LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE- to playtest different game mechanics I can think of as well as level design's with Heroscape and MtG:AotP.

Anyways, back on topic, this past August from Friday the 12th to Monday the 15th was AnimeFest in Dallas, Tx. During that Saturday and Sunday, I had the pleasure of hosting the first Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers tournament there and it was a pretty good success I think.

I'm bringing this up because I was told I would be able to do this all again next year and that my boss (the main guy for tabletop games at the convention) believes that we could even get official sponsorship from Wizards and Hasbro in 2017 if we can get enough people interested in participating! I'll post pictures from the turnout, as well as start a post after this brainstorming with you all about how to better improve this tournament, because my co-judge wants to get get 3 brackets of 15 players next year for this.

Oh, and the tournament is free, just have to have a con badge, and the prizes this year included:

9 Boosters of Innistrad
A copy of MtG: Arena of the Planeswalkers
and a $25 Visa giftcard.

Next year I'm told we may be able to get better prizes next year if we get sponsorship from Wizards, because we paid for those prizes ourselves out of the convention budget.

So yea, anyone live in Texas, maybe the Dallas area, who would like to have another tournament to participate in nearby that's free entry? And I want to open it up to Heroscape armies as well.

http://imgur.com/a/j3rLj

Quick notes about the tournament that has passed:
* It was draft pick, so people rolled for initiative then picked planeswalkers, then built their custom armies and drafted custom decks from all the box sets and expansions I had of Arena of the Planeswalkers, which was everything up to Innistrad.
* Saturday took about 6 hours, while Sunday took about 8-9 hours.
* Pre-built armies were allowed if players brought them, but no one did.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 12:37 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Anime Fest 2016 Tournament

Nice turnout!

I am doing a 2v2 tournament for NHSD that allows Heroscape and AotP and I am wondering how that will go over.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Impressive.
Looking forward to the pics.

Texas has a strong Heroscape scene. I would reach out to them.

Hasbro support would be very cool. Best of luck.

Are you working on a game currently?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 9th, 2016, 04:28 PM

TechToaster Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Impressive.
Looking forward to the pics.

Texas has a strong Heroscape scene. I would reach out to them.

Hasbro support would be very cool. Best of luck.

Are you working on a game currently?
I'll see what I can get going. I've been talking to a couple Comic book stores in the area and learned I can run **** at Madness in Richardson for free, and Doc's Comics in Frisco might also be open to me hosting a MtG:AotP / Heroscape event there, a homebrew of mine.

I'm only in school, and I -just- transferred in from a local college as a Junior, so I got alot to learn in a short amount of time. Goin' to school off the GI bill, that stuff's timed, lol.

But I guess the only thing I'm really working on is a homebrew gamemode that would utilize some Heroscape rules but in the AotP setting, and also allow some armies from Heroscape to be played as well. I'm working on a map that includes two team fortresses, a jungle or village between them, two lanes and alot of NPC armies in the jungle that are hiding extra buffs or items. Basically, think playing a MOBA with this game really.

I'll be posting a thread about it soon, I'm just working out the details right now and trying to find the best size for my board.
Old September 10th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Keep us updated.

There is a good little scene going for blending Heroscape and AotP.

Thank you for your service.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 10th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeahhh, if only there were Heroscape players in the DFW area. . . Hmmm.

Thanks for sharing! Looks great!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 21st, 2016, 02:59 PM

TechToaster Woo who?

Shame I never got the rest of the pictures together to show you guys. Though it was a very humble turnout of about 15 people. Hopefully, with the help of you guys here and the folks at the Arena forums, I'd like to get more people to come.

This year we want to include Heroscape units as part of the armies you can draft in AotP, while also making use of the order markers.
Old December 21st, 2016, 03:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Eight or more is a good number. Quit bellyaching!

I'm glad to see you had an event. Keep running 'em, and hopefully your numbers - already good - will grow!

= =
Old December 21st, 2016, 03:17 PM

TechToaster Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Eight or more is a good number. Quit bellyaching!

I'm glad to see you had an event. Keep running 'em, and hopefully your numbers - already good - will grow!
Lol, alright. Well, how about hoping that players bring their own armies this time XD
Old December 21st, 2016, 04:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Hah! Well, that I understand. I've supplied someone else's tournament-winning army more than once.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events