Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 14th, 2008, 11:19 AM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation
Strategy vs. Vampires

Hello all. I'm coming here with my head bowed in shame. I have been whooped by my little brother in the last 8/10 battles that I've fought with him. Sure we were playing on the last map shown in the ROTV manual (something about Catacombs), and sure this map definitely favored the 8 movement flying beast known as Cyprien...but there's no excuse. I'm done getting shown up by that thinner and better looking sibling of mine.

My brother has made it very clear that he will always be the vampires (and Retchets) EVERY single time we play. I guess this makes sense, because to not do this would go against the "Little Brother Code," and actually make the game enjoyable for me. Good to know that not much has changed in the 21 years of his life.

My question for you is this:

Using either 300 or 400 point armies (at 300 he doesn't use Isamu, and at 400 he uses some random filler), what can I draft to give me a clear advantage over the bloodsuckers? I want to find a perfect combination to pound him into dust time and time again....until he starts mixing up his armies again.

I've pretty much lost with everything. Krug and Jotan combo. Major X19/Gladiatrons/Omnicron Snipers combo (although this was close). The only battle that I remember winning involved the Ullar and Jandar dragons....maybe that's a sign?

Well any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:16 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I haven't put to much thought into this, but anything robotic negates his chill. The Glads can lock them in place. I would look in to a Glad/Blast army. Suck on my shiny metal *ss Cyprien.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:39 PM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation
Thanks for the tip. I have no blasts though. There is no wave 5 around here ; ).
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:02 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcorerocks
Thanks for the tip. I have no blasts though. There is no wave 5 around here ; ).
Get some.... That's why gawd gave us the internet.

The Glads become really good squads when you add some Blasts. It's good to have a 3/2 Glad/Blast ratio. The movement bonding gets a lot of figs. in-place in a hurry.

There's always DWs, Zettians, X17 and The Warden. The robodawgs are pretty pricy for a small battle, but you can never have too many rats. There's some other robots that start with Q.....

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:29 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Are the Deathstalkers in Wave 5? If you have some of them, they rock against both Cyprien and the Rechets. They are also fast enough to run down and kill Iskra if she fails a summon. Q9 and Q10 can also consistently wipe the floor with them. In general, if you're facing both Cyprien and the Rechets, Large Soulborgs are the way to go (unless you have the Glads / Blasts). Heck, even the Deathwalkers might not be a bad choice. Also, Theracus + Major X17 is usually pretty good at grabbing Cyprien and kicking his butt.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
At 300 points, blast him to bits, over and over again, with 5 x Stingers.
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, Large Soulborgs are great. Also, concentrating your army in a few figures will starve the vampires' life-draining.

180 Major Q9
150 Major Q10
070 Zettian Guards

Hard to believe I'm recommending Zettians, but the look on his face when he realizes there's nothing to Chill Touch might be worth it.
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:27 PM

boogle has disabled reputation
Definatly go buy a pack of gladitrons and devastate him with the gladitron/blastatron combo. If there is anything in heroscape more cliched than an excessive vampire user. It is undboudedly an excessive blastatron/gladitron user. A few games with those robo fellows and your brother will never want to play heroscape with vampires again. I have an older brother, he uses the vampire's fairly often. The gladitrons nearly negate the vampire's effectiveness completely.
Old January 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Braxas can kill vampires and Rechets rather effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 16th, 2008, 06:40 AM

Krankor has disabled reputation
Saelind, Deathwalkers

I've found that using Saelind as a ferry for the Deathwalkers (8 and 9 Thou) works fairly effectivly. You could add Me-burq-sa and make an even 400. With Saelind and Me-Burq-Sa's move of 6 and 8, the former being flying, you have a decent chance of being able to keep up with the vampires, and the deathwalkers, summoned into the thick of things, should mop up. Of course, this is dependant on you having access to Saelind (and making the rolls). Is Saelind wave 5?

"The problems that you suffer from are problems that you make, the crap we have to climb through is the crap we choose to take" - Crass

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion