Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 18th, 2006, 05:05 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Interesting question though. Can characters with the Flying special ability be thrown when their Flying ability is negated by the Wind glyph? The throw ability does say "non-flying figure" not "figure without the Flying special ability".
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:07 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
When i read this threads title i thought the answer would be the castle drainage system or maybe the dungeon!
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw
4) Saylind (after thrown into castle) can summon
Saylind can't be thrown since she can fly. I know that doesn't help your argument, but I needed to point that out.
That's correct -- but we have "house ruled" that if we are playing a no fly game or the no fly glyph is in play, then flyers can be thrown. Our logic is that the reason you can't throw a flyer is because they would just "take flight" when thown in the air, but if there is wind stopping them from flying, they they could be thrown like anybody else. Think of it like small planes at the airport in a bad storm -- they can't take off, but they can still be thown all over the place by a tornado. Of course, this applies real world logic to the game -- and as we know, that isn't always the case.
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:54 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
When i read this threads title i thought the answer would be the castle drainage system or maybe the dungeon!

Now that's an interesting idea for a map! A raised castle with an underside entrance full of water maybe?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Thor has disabled reputation
I would hardly say castles stink because flying figures can get over the walls. On the contrary, I would say that is a good thing. As others have said flying is one of the few ways to actually get by castle walls effectively.

And it's not like a flying figure is garunteed entry into a castle. They still are going to get pelted with range fire that is boosted from the height advantage. The only flying figures that can really cause a ton of damage are the dragons and Saylind if she can summon enough of your figures into the castle. Raelin, Kelda, Taelord, Concan.. none of these heros are all that great on their own. Since they can'y fly other figures over a wall and into a castle with them they arn't too much of a threat once inside. they should go down easy.

Really the only problem they pose is opening the door for other figures to get in. If you have some fairly strong defensive figures guarding the gate though, this shouldn't really be a problem at all.

Old September 18th, 2006, 11:26 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw
Without flying there are only a few ways to breach the castle (the door is next to impossible to break down -- we have yet to successfully break the door in any games (we usually play 10 rounds)). Without flying, I can only think of:

1) AE drop in castle
2) Sgt Drake grappling gun
3) Jotun throw figure into castle
4) Saylind (after thrown into castle) can summon
5) if height allows, Monks can "stealth leap" the wall
I've got another... figures carried by my custom Treebeard are considered to be at height 12:

Old September 18th, 2006, 11:47 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
NICE! I wish i could get my castle soon.., stupid amazon... I have a catapault that is begging to be used in heroscape, and i dont want o deny the little guy.
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just started using my castles, they are tough to break into , I was thinking of mimrig blasting fire from 8, with Raeiling GIVING +2 DEF. plus maybe thorgrim beside the dragon also, but just sit there firing away, you would be 7 from the walll so 1/2 the shooters would be out of range, but with the omnicrom snipers ( DED, the elf w/ range 9, AE, krav, or Micro corps ) on the wall I am not sure how long the dragon would last like this??????

If I am attacking the door with fire, would I aslo hit the guy on top of the tower above the door?????? If he is int he same fire line????

Eye of Sauron--- great picture, love teh custom, great idea

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
If I am attacking the door with fire, would I aslo hit the guy on top of the tower above the door?????? If he is int he same fire line????
Yes - if he is within range and in the line, then he would also be toast.

For what it is worth -- breaking the door down is very hard to do. We have had better luck going over the wall (e.g., Sgt Drake grappling hook, AE drop, and of course flying over if you can get there without being gunned down) and opening the door from within.
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It took me over 25 turns to inflict 8 wounds on the door with the Marrden Hounds (who have thier plague AND only have to deal with 1 auto shield). During that time I sent the 3rd hound around over 50 spaces to the open back entrance, 50 spaces back to the main entrance fighting off several defenders. And opened the door from within.
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
NICE! I wish i could get my castle soon.., stupid amazon... I have a catapault that is begging to be used in heroscape, and i dont want o deny the little guy.
WOW That's exactly what I asked for in the "What WE want" thread,...............got Pictures? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
It took me over 25 turns to inflict 8 wounds on the door with the Marrden Hounds (who have thier plague AND only have to deal with 1 auto shield). During that time I sent the 3rd hound around over 50 spaces to the open back entrance, 50 spaces back to the main entrance fighting off several defenders. And opened the door from within.
That's pretty impressive, to say the least
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:18 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
WOW That's exactly what I asked for in the "What WE want" thread,...............got Pictures? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
That's pretty impressive, to say the least
[img]http://store.playmobilusa.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/PM_BrowseCatalog-Cognitive;sid=WO03A-hIcIo3D61R_CA7JSZ6H1K-C9MYzsQ=?CategoryName=Ritter_us&PLS=0[img]

its on this site.[/img]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units