Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

View Poll Results: Which event signifies official HeroScape's last breath?
Cancellation announced 33 57.89%
Wave 13 released 6 10.53%
Samuel Brown released 11 19.30%
HeroScape: the Lost Scenarios 2 3.51%
Shadow Cavern & cooperative play rules 5 8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
One year memorial: When did HeroScape "end?"

One year ago, HeroScape was stopped in its tracks. Some have been more stubborn in accepting the game's death, yet the grave still lies before us. Problem is, what date should be etched in stone as the final cry of the official game?

Nov. 3, 2010 -- HeroScape cancellation announcement

Nov. 16 -- Wave 13 released

Nov. 24 -- Samuel Brown card released

Feb.- Mar. 2011 -- HeroScape: the Lost Scenarios released

TBA -- Dungeon Adventure 3: Shadow Cavern (Valkrill's rise, HeroScape cooperative play ruleset)

Last edited by UtahScott; November 5th, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:33 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation
Re: One year memorial: When did HeroScape end?

I voted the announcement date, because all the other items were discussed and planned for, but the cancellation date was a big slap to the face, followed by much sadness by all.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I voted for November 3 - Heroscape will never "die" or have a last breath, so to say. Therefore, I think it's only right to remember the day WotC Wizards gave us up.

Only question... do we move NHSD? Is it better to remember the legacy of Heroscape, or to move forward, and write a new legacy?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Apples and oranges. NHSD was established in October for years before WotC pulled the plug, it can stay where it is.

While I'd like to vote for the final pending dungeon crawl and its cooperative ruleset as the last official release of the game, that's so far removed from last November. I'll go with Samuel Brown. We fired some shots at WotC, time to rush forward into customs land and FanScape. Besides, his release was right before Thanksgiving, and I've given thanks for HeroScape many a time.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Heroscape ends when no one wants to pull it out and play it.

Sorry if that sounds like a "typical fanboy response" but it is the truth.

Would you still consider it as not ending if all they did was keep reprinting what they have already made?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart

The cancellation announcement was a huge slap in the face and came from out of the blue. All these events and releases were planned, proving that the designers hadn't intended to pull the plug, but the higher-ups at WOTC ended them all, just barely allowing the designers to release Samuel Brown and the dungeons.

However, I don't think Heroscape will ever really "die". People will always play the game. Like chess (which hasn't changed at all since it was created), Heroscape will continue to be played (Forever, at least, for me )

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Heroscape has not ended. A new era has just begun.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceraxe View Post
The cancellation announcement was a huge slap in the face
I keep hearing this being said and I think it is the wrong expression.
A slap in the face is usually one of two things. Either it is a wake up call OR its an insult...this was neither.

The "sudden" cancellation of the Heroscape line is more like a "shot to the gut"
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
The "sudden" cancellation of the Heroscape line is more like a "shot to the gut"
Or a knife to the back...

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Or a bouquet of flowers to my wallet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: One year memorial: When did HeroScape end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
I voted for November 3 - Heroscape will never "die" or have a last breath, so to say. Therefore, I think it's only right to remember the day WotC Wizards gave us up.

Only question... do we move NHSD? Is it better to remember the legacy of Heroscape, or to move forward, and write a new legacy?
We have NHSD and HSMD.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Or a knife to the back...
Or a boot to the head...

Last edited by UtahScott; November 3rd, 2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Hat tip to Canadian comedians the Frantics

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News