Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM

Dysiel Woo who?
Repaint Paint?

Whats the cheapest and/or best paint to repaint Heroscape figures?
Where can you buy these paints?
Thanks for any help.

~ "History is the lie most commonly agreed upon" ~ Voltaire
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Repaint Paint?

This should help.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ighlight=paint

I use Apple Barrel. Very cheap, can find it at any hobby store, and I think Wal-Mart may have some...

I got mine at Hobby Lobby. It's not the greatest quality, but you get a lot for a little, and the quality is good enough for 'Scape.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:10 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I use Ceramcoat and Apple Barrel. I buy both at Michaesl's when they are on sale. I think the last I picked them up they were $.39.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would generic Acrylic Paint be any good for this sort of thing? I've been thinking about doing some repaints, but have been wondering about which kind to use as well.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Um, I use expensive citadel paint, their 3.00 for one pot of this its about a inch and a quarter tall.

but for beginners I would use apple barrel or folk art,

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:36 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

I use apple barrel almost exclusively, folk art for the colors I need of which walmart doesn't carry the apple barrel version (metallic silver and golds...)
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

I use folk art. Cheap and is fairly good quality.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old November 24th, 2008, 04:25 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysiel View Post
Whats the cheapest and/or best paint to repaint Heroscape figures?
Unfortunately the combination cheapest and best is not available. So you will have to choose either cheap or best.
For cheap use something like Applebarrel. Widely available and if you're just beginning it will give you a decent start at a decent price.
For best use a dedicated miniature paint brand, like Citadel or Vallejo. That quality comes at a cost though and after the latest 20% price raise Citadel may no longer be worth the money.
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Dysiel Woo who?

Thanks for all the advice, looks like I'll be trying AppleBarrel.

(Didn't want to spam another new topic so posting this here)

Also had a question about painting / assembleing Warmachine figures.
I bought these off Ebay awhile back and just now getting to them.
Some of these were already half painted and a few fully pro-painted.

Anyone know what types of paint you use on these metal figures? Would I use Citadel or Vallejo on these or can I use AppleBarrel on them also? I've heard you cant use the same types of paint on plastic figures that you can on metal.

Also you can see that there are 2 arms I need to attach to 2 of the figures, what would I use? A special kind of glue or apoxy?

I just love the way the Warmachine figures look, especially the robot-type ones. Pro-painted ones are some of the best looking figures that I've seen, besides a few Confrontation figures (least I think thats the name of that game) worth every penny I paid for them, which wasn't much.
But I like the way Heroscape plays and the versatility of the tiles to play any other type. Also the ability to customize almost any other figure out there to Heroscape makes this one of the best games in my mind!

Thanks for any help.

~ "History is the lie most commonly agreed upon" ~ Voltaire
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Apple Barrel is what I use. It's actually really good quality for the price, especially since I could get about six teensy tubs of Citadel for the price of my entire arsenal of Apple Barrel. You know justjohn, custom creator extraordinaire? He uses Apple Barrel. I don't really know why Citadel would be better, even if it were the same price. I've never really understood how one type of paint can be so much better than another.

EDIT: As for Warmachine, I don't have much expirience with metal, but I know for a fact that Super Glue and Krazy Glue claim they can hold metal, and that's what I use for my customs. Apple Barrel should work for those, too.
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:58 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Or you could use some of Billy May's Mighty Putty
Old November 25th, 2008, 06:54 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysiel
Anyone know what types of paint you use on these metal figures? Would I use Citadel or Vallejo on these or can I use AppleBarrel on them also? I've heard you cant use the same types of paint on plastic figures that you can on metal.
You can use the same paint. The important thing is to undercoat the figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfuzz
I don't really know why Citadel would be better, even if it were the same price. I've never really understood how one type of paint can be so much better than another.
There's a huge quality difference between various brands. A lot of the price you pay comes from the size and density of the pigments used, which translates in how thin your layer of paint can be while providing good coverage. There's also big differences in how well your paints can be diluted and how they flow when doing washes, glazes or shading.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards