Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Do they suck? Or could they be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Quick thought on Altron's comments about Charos - with any big hitter (Dragons or whatever), I don't rush them out first at all. That's just asking to get your big guns killed right away. I save him for the end. Seems to work really well and barring an initial disaster at the beginning of the game (requiring my big guns to come out and play), it makes these guys way more effective.
Always try to do what your opponent least expects. It may be dumb, but it could catch them off guard. Also, you shouldn't be afraid to charge charos in, yes he may be taken down fast, but if you have a good army waiting behind him, it can really screw up what your opponent was gonna do.
Surprising your opponent is always a good idea, but Charos is just too expensive to throw away carelessly. To use him (or any expensive hero) effectively, you need to identify and eliminate the main threat first before you put him in harm's way. For Charos, the main threat is multiple ranged squads that can spread out. Charos has an impressive defense and a boat-load of lives, but taking 3-4 ranged attacks per turn (no counterstrike) will wear him down quickly. You will usually be better off attacking the enemies ranged squads with something else (Krav?) before bringing out Charos.

On topic, I nominate the Shaoin Monks. I love them thematically, but they never last long enough to be effective for me. Master Woo helps them a lot, but it's too difficult, and uses too many OMs to keep them together (bonding would be wonderful). They can be useful on a map with lots of high elevations (like several small mesas scattered throughout the map). With this kind of map, the monks can use the terrain for cover to sneak up then use stealth leap to move to the attack.
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Sorry Wytefang, gotta go a little off topic here,

I gotta say that the venoc vipers and the deathstalkers are 2 of my favorites. Though I never get to use them much, they're very deadly. I remember I was testing a rush army against myself, I dont remember the exact army, but I know I 3 groups of venoc vipers and the venoc warlord. On the first turn I took a turn with the vipers, moved 9 spaces then rolled for frenzy. I rolled high enough moved in and damaged a few of the other army's heroes, then I rolled for frenzy 2 or 3 times after this, all successful. I had almost wiped out the whole army and it was only the first turn.

As for the deathstalkers, I love to use them as a shield for my long range units. Since they take up 2 spaces each, and with 5 defense + Railen, creates a very nice shield. Then when someone gets in range, whether it be a ranged unit or not, utilizing their 6 move, they can easily tangle up a squad, and do serious damage to a hero if 3 skulls are rolled.

Never underestimate the power of 3 attack dice.

Old June 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonger321 View Post
I love the G-nators. I do think they are over priced by 15 points, But sometimes they do really good.

I had 2 squads of them and nakitas my oponent had samuri archers and omnicron snipers, and maybe each of us had a few others, but they are irrelevant at this point.
My G-nators had no hight accept for two and he was trying to kill them with samurie archers, but my tough ability combined with nakitas smoke made them unhitable. The only way he killed some of my G-nators was by using his omnicrom snipers when my smoke powder wouldn't work.
I would like you guys to know that I have written a strategy article on how to use the Gorillanators. Once Taeblewalker and his companions have finished reviewing, you can expect some very useful ways to utilize them.

MegaSilver
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:57 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. Einar Imperium- I don't care what you say, I am NOT spending 140 points on a 3 defence defence squad figure. They die too quickly to be that expensive.
  2. Armoc vipers- I never saw the appeal. They just seem so boring and unspecial.
  3. Parmenio-Sacred band suck, we all know this. They're my number 4. Even then, Parmenio is pretty useless. It is hard to keep the band near him for a fairly longshot power, and there are so many good disciplined options that you don't need his influence. That, and he's weak.
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
  1. Parmenio-Sacred band suck, we all know this. They're my number 4. Even then, Parmenio is pretty useless. It is hard to keep the band near him for a fairly longshot power, and there are so many good disciplined options that you don't need his influence. That, and he's weak.
... *strugles* Must.. not.. argue,.. respecting..peoples' opinions

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:54 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. Non-bonding Mimring. I hardly ever use him without his Arrow Grut buddies, and I probably should. On many maps, he still has the best chance of anyone to strike the opponent's starting zone. People feel like they're getting their money's worth when Kaemon or Q10 closes to within a mere four spaces for two attacks of 4. Even if Fireline only hits two figures, there's your two attacks of 4 right there, and potentially from a lot farther away. Bonus: Fireline breaks Concealment!

2. Gurei-Oni. You know who's really going to be afraid to shoot this guy? Omnicron/Repulsor hordes. Yeah, they'll sometimes get height and a glyph and vaporize him. But still, rolling that 1 die, even 1 Deadly Shot die, against him is close to a 50% chance of death. That's no way for a 33.3-point Omnicron to go out!

3. Ashigaru Harquebus. These little guys are great backup in games dominated by heroes. Take advantage of the low start zone cost of a Q9 or Captain America and fill up some spaces with 'em.
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:54 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart

Some one earlier said they had no success with the Templar, I suggest for a 500 point army
Templar Cavalry-120
Sir Dupius-270
Major Q9-450
Any decent 50 point squad (maybe Romans) to use as Q9's guards

Use Q9 to (cautiously) move out and start harassing your opponents figures (try and take out any ranged units you can) then when their melee figures move in pull Q9 back behind his 50 point squad guards, and then trample all over the incoming melee with the Cavalry and Dupius

Using this stratagey I only lost one Knight in the entire game (2v2 500 point armies)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units