Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 8th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
600 point valiant army

Feedback please:

Charos
Sir Gilbert
2x Knights of Weston
2x 4th Mass

In the first round use the incredible synergy here to position the 4th (giving them one OM in case Jandar's dispatch proves EXTREMELY disappointing) and the move the Knights towards glyphs or advancing units with Gilbert either aid the attack or staying behind to help position.

Then use Charos to attack advancing squads with a OM on the 4th for enemies who slip through. Once Charos falls use the knights to pin down units and the 4th blast them away with WTF (what they do best).

Any feedback is appreciated.
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 600 point valiant army

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Feedback please:

Charos
Sir Gilbert
2x Knights of Weston
2x 4th Mass

In the first round use the incredible synergy here to position the 4th (giving them one OM in case Jandar's dispatch proves EXTREMELY disappointing) and the move the Knights towards glyphs or advancing units with Gilbert either aid the attack or staying behind to help position.

Then use Charos to attack advancing squads with a OM on the 4th for enemies who slip through. Once Charos falls use the knights to pin down units and the 4th blast them away with WTF (what they do best).

Any feedback is appreciated.
I generally try to attack heroes with Charos whenever possible, but in any case, your army looks strong and well-rounded. At the 600-point level, 140 points of range is less than I would bring, but Valiant 4th Line are still a pretty good 140 to have.
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:32 AM

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I would trade out a set of Knights for 4th but I'd be afraid of weakened front line should Charos fall and only one squad of knights and Gilbert to help defend the forth from any incoming melee units.

EDIT: I guess using Charos for big hitting heroes does make more sense, thanks

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; June 8th, 2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: afterthough
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:37 AM

white_dragon_master Woo who?

I really like Valiant armies. They are my favorite to play with. This is a really well rounded army. I wouldn't switch a set of Knights for the 4th at all.

My Collection: 2MS, 2RttfF, 2VW, 2TT, 2FotA, 2TJ, 1SotM All of Wave 1-8, All Large Hero packs thus far, Sir Gilbert, Ornak.
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, I would still use two-and-two commons if the alternative is one-and-three.
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:41 AM

That's what I was thinking...just wanted confirmation
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM

rubio Woo who?

It would put you 5 points over (not sure if you're thinking in a serious game or just a "pick-up" game) but what about switching out Charos for two squads of Sentinels of Jandar? It's 6 total lives versus 9, but much higher defense, and you get 6 figures instead of one, which allows you to clog up the field more. With three attacks of three (or four) you have a higher damage potential with the SoJ, and in most of the times I see Charos used no one ever attacks him with melee since he can only attack once per OM; therefore counterstrike never comes into play. Charos is just too many points for me and once he gets engaged by a few units (rats would be my first choice here) he's gotta take some damage to even think about moving to engage the ranged units that are pew-pewing him to death. Also as your opponent I'd probably look to find a spot where you couldn't land Charos to camp my ranged army, but that's where the SoJ come in.

I think a 'reaver army with some Krav, Laglor, and Q10 or 9 and whatever other heavy hitters you want would do very well against that army. Krav and Q10 outrange the 4th and Q9's regular attack does as well, and Q9's Queglix could be used to pew-pew the Knights.

Just my 2c. I'm anxious to hear what other people think of the Sentinels, I love them personally.

Rubio Nubio

Last edited by rubio; June 9th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old June 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I don't have any 4th mass. ... But I do love my weston knights. Probably my favorite Jandar squad. I really need a second set...
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:41 AM

The SoJ have always been appealing to me with their high defense, flying, and solid attack.

I've often considered investing in 2 sets of the SoJ instead of the Knights but that would require a complete overhaul on my army as Gilbert would lose value with out knights to bond with and assist in battle. What keeps from doing this the most though is after getting read of Gilbert and Knights my army looses its ability to move up 9 units an average of 4 spaces all for 1 OM ,that's a lot of synergy. All that synergy would be lost with out knights/Gilbert.
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I would prefer 4 x 4th Mass and no Knights of Weston. But, if you are going to use both, then the 2/2 split is best, I think.
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I would prefer 4 x 4th Mass and no Knights of Weston. But, if you are going to use both, then the 2/2 split is best, I think.
But without any knights Gill looses some of his value, and then what would he use as his frontline force? I think the 2/2 split is the better option, unless you want to overhaul the whole army and use 4 4th's...

How about this one:
Templars x2
Sir Dupps
Soj x1

Chances are you'd get a pretty bad beat down with no range at all... but with some hot dice you could really lay down some smack of your own. Even more so against an Utar heavy army.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion