Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 30th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings: Complete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
OK OEA1, that's cool. It seems like you have already acknowledged that your "75-25" prediction was not just "a little" wrong, but dramatically wrong. I expect it's fairly close to the opposite of the true numbers, and my long-term winrate against you could be higher than that on this mapset. (FWIW my intention was to win the first two games and then drop it there, since you wouldn't be able to win 3 of 4 at that point. )
Not putting words in OEA1's mouth but he said 75-25 against TKN/Grubs. I think it reasonable to say that his proposed split is not the same when you add in Raelin.

(I acknowledge he said 'challenge accepted' after you stated Raelin in the army)
This.
Heh. You actually did accept the challenge after I stated the armies quite plainly. Claiming that that's the reason you backed out is a bit disingenuous. You backed out because you realized the matchup was a loser.

But anyway, since we're purging all units better than B+, drop Marcu and we'll call it fair. I'll drop a grub or two if you want. Sound fair?

I'll get maps and armies loaded and post links for the games soon. I'll place first on a couple and have you place first on the other two. When are you free to play?
Firstly, the only reason I accepted in the first place was that I had previously decided that I would accept one challenge, as I thought I would be challenged. I didn't want to lose face for backing out. I had already stated in one of my first few posts that they couldn't beat 7 defense.

Secondly, dropping Marcu is pretty bad for my army, much worse than you losing a few grubs, but sure, drop 2 grubs.

Thirdly, I will not be playing all 4 games at once. I am up to play one tonight.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:05 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Well, losing Raelin is worse for me than losing Nerak and Grimnak is for you. That's kind of how it goes.

I'll have links up soon... play in a couple hours?
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Well, losing Raelin is worse for me than losing Nerak and Grimnak is for you. That's kind of how it goes.

I'll have links up soon... play in a couple hours?
Not so sure about that first statement.

I'm ready to play whenever.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

And @dok , can you let me know the 4 and the one we are playing tonight? I need time to build them IRL. I can't focus on a computer screen.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:22 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm dropping Stygian Rift and Vestige. I'll set up Fossil for tonight. We can take turns placing first; I'll place first tonight.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
I'm dropping Stygian Rift and Vestige. I'll set up Fossil for tonight. We can take turns placing first; I'll place first tonight.
Sounds good. Let me know when you're ready, and I'll steal my dad's computer so we can play.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:27 PM

I will be heading home shortly and will be ready to play in between 45 minutes and an hour from now.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
I will be heading home shortly and will be ready to play in between 45 minutes and an hour from now.
Alright cool.

And if you want I'll let you drop that last grub of that squad for Otonashi. Not that I would.
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:33 PM

Nor would I

Ladies and Gentlemen, Orcs vs Marro Game 1.
Old December 30th, 2014, 09:56 PM

Game 2

Looks like we need a momentum forcer.
Old December 31st, 2014, 12:37 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
This is why range is needed in Heroscape.

Look how they seem manly with their full-melee armies. ROFL

Without Raelin Orcs should win easy, TKN power is not espeially good against figs with only 2-3 defense, Orcs can clean up Nabgrubs easily without Raelin.
Also the format you're playing (lightweight 16hexs) is really advantageous for the Blades.
In Lightweight I actually think Blades are top tier.

Why Orcs are ranked B+? Because in standart SZ and format (~500 points 16-24hexs), they're bad against good defense and/or multiple ranged attacks, which is 90% of the meta...

Old December 31st, 2014, 01:40 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
This is why range is needed in Heroscape.

Look how they seem manly with their full-melee armies. ROFL

Without Raelin Orcs should win easy, TKN power is not espeially good against figs with only 2-3 defense, Orcs can clean up Nabgrubs easily without Raelin.
Also the format you're playing (lightweight 16hexs) is really advantageous for the Blades.
In Lightweight I actually think Blades are top tier.

Why Orcs are ranked B+? Because in standart SZ and format (~500 points 16-24hexs), they're bad against good defense and/or multiple ranged attacks, which is 90% of the meta...
This is the first time I ever played like that. It was pretty terrible not going to lie. But if I win two more or lose two then we don't even need to come back to this game, which would be fine by me.

Dok, I'm still surprised that you moved Torky out of the choke point where he was holding Wannok. I was about to attack you the next turn, so you would most likely have won.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion