Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old February 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Elemetals Strategy and Discussion

Similar to the Fire/Air combo, I see an Earth/Air combo. Once the squaddies come close to the Air Elemental, the Earth Elemental pops out of the ground and earthquakes them to bits. Its also worth noting that the water elementals can be turned into some bulkier stingers.
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I expect Kurrok to have a ranged attack like Pelloth's, which will let him be useful when you need to take turns with him (and you will). His power wording also leaves open the possibility of small elementals.

Old February 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I expect Kurrok to have a ranged attack like Pelloth's, which will let him be useful when you need to take turns with him (and you will). His power wording also leaves open the possibility of small elementals.
Anyone know how tall this one is?

Although it's hard to see the point value going any lower for the elementals.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:08 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
Quote:

Just because something's small doesn't mean it's weak
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Just because something's small doesn't mean it's weak
Ok, it'll have the move hot foot. Each player with a figure adjacent to it must roll a d20 3 times for each figure, if all 3 rolls are 1 then destroy the figure.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

A head shorter than Migol Ironwill.

Old February 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
As AWESOME as that would be, I think the powers we were shown may be his only two powers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
As AWESOME as that would be, I think the powers we were shown may be his only two powers.
I meant his Range stat would be 4 or 5 and his Attack stat would be 3 or 4.

Old February 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Oh...a lot less cool than exploding elementals...

(But more likely.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

One of the cool things about using fire with Kurrok is that once the Fire Elementals have adjacency with the figures you want to roll for searing intensity against, you can just activate one fire elemental to trigger that power. The other two activations can be with other elementals. As targets move or die, you can activate more fire elementals to reposition.

Also, it's worth noting that this is our first true "hero mob" army. That is, it's an army that works by using massed common heroes. This makes this army unusually annoying for figures like Braxas or Grimnak, which are used to being able to kill commons easily, but have to hit their hero rolls to take these guys out.
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
That is, it's an army that works by using massed common heroes. This makes this army unusually annoying for figures like Braxas or Grimnak, which are used to being able to kill commons easily, but have to hit their hero rolls to take these guys out.
I hadn't thought of that before. That's an excellent point. They will be very tough on a HG army.
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Combined with Kurrok the air and water elementals could be just killer vs melee armies. With the air elementals using their blocking powers and the water elementals having range one could theoritcally keep the air elemental moving one space back at a time forcing the melee troops enter the vortex over and over again stopping their movement while the water elementals shoot at them from safety.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles