Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old November 25th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Huh? Overreacting? Words in your mouth? Are you reading the same things I'm writing?
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I've played in four tournaments and in each of them, I think, picky placement could have been an issue. It never was. We play to enjoy the game. We might talk about theoretical placement issues here, but no one with an ounce of good comradeship would ever play that way, not even in a championship game. If someone did, I'd join IMax in rather quickly walking away (only, I'd do it quietly <grin>).
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
Maybe using the molds to deny certain enemy movements should be something to consider in terms of strategy. Move into a position to keep the dragons at bay, or something like that. I do know that Nelfheim is good at blocking narrow passages.

One time, the only reason that I won the game was because of careful placement of my last Minion of Utgar Vs. the Krav Maga. I had to keep my MoU with his wings facing towards my opponents and with his body hidden behind stuff just to deny a hit zone so I could close in for the kills. I know that that is different than keeping another figure from occupying a space, but it shows how important the mold can be in a strategy.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'll just say that I wouldn't want to win a competition that way.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I'll just say that I wouldn't want to win a competition that way.
You would if you only had one figure left and the punishment for losing was death by AIDS or something.

Yeah, that was dumb.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I never noticed this. I'd never try this against a friend, becuase then he'd pull something equally as annoying but legal on me.

But, if I was in a tourney i'd do it. I'd be going to try anything legal in my power to win, (but within the rules) becuase i'd have a shot at winning some more Heroscape. If you draft stingers but don't wan't to play like that, it is your loss.

If you're willing to surrender at a tournement, that just helps me.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:43 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There goes your chances of Revdyer or IMax or ej facing you.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
PM sent to Imax. Let's just assume there were misunderstandings on this thread about who said what and drop it.

Old November 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
There goes your chances of Revdyer or IMax or ej facing you.
I'm pretty sure I don't live anywhere close to them.

It is within the rules. The same thing happens in Halo whenever I use the ghost too much, people get all mad becuase i'm being a noob. Yes, i'm a noob, and i'm gonna exploit this vehicle to win. If you don't want to exploit the same vehicle so I run you over 30 times so be it.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:51 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
But that's different. The problem there is that it's easily overcome - one can easily beat a Ghost, at least in my experience. It's not so easily overcome here. Doing something of that degree just sucks all the fun out of the game for the other player.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:51 PM

SoldierLeadership has disabled reputation
I see nothing wrong with using particular sculpts to deny engagements. I look at these "cheesy" methods as tactics to an overall strategy. It's no different than using a piece (wings/shoulder pads) to block line of sight or "leashing" someone to prevent height advantage. You could probably name off a few cheap things too during gameplay. Actually, a thread about cheap/underhanded tactics (that's not against the rules) would be interesting if someone fired one up.

I was just trying to bring up a point about the sculpts of two of the stingers. I haven't played as the stingers yet...it's my girlfriend's army. She uses the stinger guns to deny engagements and it doesn't bother me at all. We don't jostle opponents figures when we play and sometimes it gets complicated, but we don't cry about it. In a world dominated by the likes of Q9 and the 4th Mass. then these tactics shouldn't be a headache.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierLeadership
I see nothing wrong with using particular sculpts to deny engagements. I look at these "cheesy" methods as tactics to an overall strategy. It's no different than using a piece (wings/shoulder pads) to block line of sight or "leashing" someone to prevent height advantage. You could probably name off a few cheap things too during gameplay. Actually, a thread about cheap/underhanded tactics (that's not against the rules) would be interesting if someone fired one up.

I was just trying to bring up a point about the sculpts of two of the stingers. I haven't played as the stingers yet...it's my girlfriend's army. She uses the stinger guns to deny engagements and it doesn't bother me at all. We don't jostle opponents figures when we play and sometimes it gets complicated, but we don't cry about it. In a world dominated by the likes of Q9 and the 4th Mass. then these tactics shouldn't be a headache.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles