Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Odin: Design

Lots to think about there!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Wow. A tough build to pull off. I like what you have. I'll make a few comments, below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
NAME = Odin

SECRET IDENTITY = Odin Borson

SPECIES = Asgardian
UNIQUENESS = Event Hero
CLASS = King
PERSONALITY = Valiant

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 10

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 8 [Like all of this--King, Valiant, etc. Solid. Sure, he could be "Wise" but Valiant means something in Scape and I like the idea.]

POINTS = 600?

GOD OF WISDOM
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Odin, you may roll 12 combat dice. Take a turn with up to X Asgardian Heroes, where X equals the number of blanks rolled.

[I like this power. It will be hard to test, since that's a wide range of outcomes, but 2-3 is common and that is appropriate. He will definitely bring it when the dice are hot--wow!

Only qualm is the name. The power doesn't really match with the God of Wisdom to me (esp., since it's so random and unknowable--almost sounds satiric to put them together).

I'd go with another of his names for this power, esp one of these three:
  • Alfodr, 'father of the gods';
  • Veratyr, 'lord of men';
  • Sidfodr, 'father of victories'.
Father of the Gods is the most straightforward for this power, but others could work as well.]

ODINSLEEP
If there are 8 or more Wound Markers on this card at the start of the round, place a white Odinsleep marker on this card. While the Odinsleep marker is on this card, Odin cannot move, attack, or use any other special power on any Army Card or Glyph. At the end of the round, if Odin has not been destroyed, remove the Odinsleep Marker from the game and up to 3 Wound Markers from this card.

[Hmm. Crazy power. I like the theme. One round is awfully fast, but I guess we have to choose mechanics over theme.

I'd almost rather a d20 at the beginning (or end) of each round, after placing the marker. Just to help have it last a bit longer.

A d20 at the beginning of every turn Odin is in play would be really interesting.

ODINSLEEP
Before placing Order Markers, at the beginning of each round, roll the 20-sided die. On an X or higher place the Odinsleep marker on this card or, if the marker is already here, remove the marker and up to 2 wound markers from this card. While the Odinsleep marker is on this card, Odin cannot move, attack, or use any other special power on any Army Card or Glyph.

Your call, but I like the way that will bring tension to the game. The X is your call.

Another way to do it is to say:

If the Odinsleep marker is not on this card, roll the d20, on a 17 or higher place it. If the Odinsleep is on this card, roll the d20 on a 7 or higher remove it.

It's not quite as elegant, but it's a nice way to keep him more in play than not.

Anyhow, a tough power to pull off. What you have is definitely good. Just wanted to riff a bit off of it. See if it was helpful to you or not.]

ODINFORCE
All Unique Asgardian Heroes you control add 1 to their Life value.

[Intriguing. I don't think I've ever thought of doing something like this. I assume this means that if Hero has his limit of wounds and Odin dies (or goes to sleep!) my Hero is dead. That's intriguing. A bit odd to have Life as a number fluctuate, but I think this might work...]

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH
Well hope something in there was helpful. That is a hard build to try to pull off. Good luck as you keep at this one! Best, V
GOD OF WISDOM
Our aesthetic is to try and go with a God of X for our god designs when applicable, but if I were to change the name it would be to Asgardian All-Father.

I like Odinsleep being automatic just for simplicity here.

ODINFORCE
Should be boosted for the rest of the game so I think adding "for the rest of the game" to the end of that power would clear up my intent and lead to less questions.

Hope this helps.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

These are the edits I am looking at right now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
NAME = Odin

SECRET IDENTITY = Odin Borson

SPECIES = Asgardian
UNIQUENESS = Event Hero
CLASS = King
PERSONALITY = Valiant

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 10

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 600?

ASGARDIAN ALL-FATHER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Odin, you may roll 12 combat dice. Take a turn with up to X Asgardian Heroes, where X equals the number of blanks rolled.

ODINSLEEP
If there are 7 or more Wound Markers on this card at the start of the round, place a white Odinsleep marker on this card. While the Odinsleep marker is on this card, Odin cannot move, attack, or use any other special power on any Army Card or Glyph. At the end of the round, if Odin has not been destroyed, remove the Odinsleep Marker from the game and up to 3 Wound Markers from this card.

ODINFORCE
All Unique Asgardian Heroes you control add 1 to their Life value for the rest of the game.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:33 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

"For the rest of the game" is a good addition for sure.

I kind of like "FATHER OF GODS" as a name for the power, since it lines up well with the "GOD OF X" powers. It's still three words, but it just flips the script and puts "God" last and also feels like it's kind of referencing all those other powers, but showing he's above them all.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think you could just go with All-Father (or The All-Father) for the first power - I mean, that's what he's known as. Even if guys like Zeus are technically "all-fathers" they're generally not referred as such.

Also, Odin Force is two words.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

Thinking over it though, I really wanted to reference Asgardian All-Father on this card as it is something he is called often and it is more specific to Asgardians not just gods in general (like Olympians, ect).
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:36 PM

Works for me.

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Loving this design so far! Adding life to Asgardians is awesome.

My only comment is maybe specify when to add the Odinsleep marker. It says at the beginning of the round, but is it before or after placing markers? I assume before, but it might be good to specify.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think you could just go with All-Father (or The All-Father) for the first power - I mean, that's what he's known as. Even if guys like Zeus are technically "all-fathers" they're generally not referred as such.

Also, Odin Force is two words.
I prefer Asgardian All-Father over those. It has a nice ring to it.

And thanks, I wasn't sure and I just followed the Odinsleep thing. Should that be two words as well?
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
My only comment is maybe specify when to add the Odinsleep marker. It says at the beginning of the round, but is it before or after placing markers? I assume before, but it might be good to specify.
Good call. I might just say at the end of the round and fix that all together. Doesn't make a difference, but saves text.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Odinsleep is one, Odin Force is two. Marvel Wikia uses Odin-Force but the only in-comic source I can verify has it as Odin Force, so I'd go with that one.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:41 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Good call. I might just say at the end of the round and fix that all together. Doesn't make a difference, but saves text.
Also, do we even need a marker? It's helpful, but not very convenient, and I'm sure anyone could figure out that it only lasts a round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library