Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 30th, 2015, 06:55 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jason Voorhees (Breathing)

Only concern there is what happens if there are no such spaces. Defaults to startzone?

Last edited by dok; November 30th, 2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: son of a ninja
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:55 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
To address dok's concern about FRIDAY THE 13TH, how about changing it to this (which I think is a bit more thematic)?

Quote:
FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not in clear sight of any opponent's figure and remove all Wound Markers from this card.
I've thought about this option myself, as well as an alternative of having him come back with 2 wounds still on his card, if balance is an issue.
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Not sure that makes it any better. Also, are we assuming if you can't place him out of clear sight you can't place him?
That was my intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:07 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Not sure that makes it any better. Also, are we assuming if you can't place him out of clear sight you can't place him?

~Dysole, still thinking Jason might be a lot more survivable than we're making him out to be (but I admit I'd need to look at it more in depth than I have time for)
Playtesting will be the ultimate tell on how survivable he is or not. Personally, if I'm rolling 0 defense, and my only defensive aid is that if I take 2 or more wounds without being destroyed, I may remove 2 wounds...I feel that character will be killed in 3-4 attacks, often times, at most. Of course, it all comes down to the roll of the dice from the attacker, specials they have, and their base attack.

His 13 or higher once per round is also not in his favor. It's a 40% chance.
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:46 PM

Attack of 4:

1st Death: 3 attacks.
2nd Death: 5 attacks.
3rd Death: 7 attacks.

Attack of 5:

2nd Death: 5 attacks.
3rd Death: 4 attacks.

Attack of 6:

2nd Death: 4 attacks.
3rd Death: 3 attacks.

Of course that was random, and your results may be better or worse depending on luck. I just rolled enough to see how long it'd kill him 3 times.

One thing we must consider here though, is that every attack usually has 2 sides of the equation. The attacking figure's roll, and how successful it is, and the defending figure's roll, and how successful it is. Then you take the X factors of auto skulls/shields, auto wounds, unblockables etc. into consideration for the true power and potential of the figure. In this case, half the equation is gone, in terms of Jason's defense. Jason can't have a string of luck where he is rolling a bunch of shields, or any for that matter. It's all on the attacker. If we remove the auto-wound on whiff, that also means there's no harm in attempting to attack Jason. One must also take into account Jason is walking around with an attack of 4, which isn't exactly something to fear for most. Also, a once per round 13 or higher roll to return, isn't exactly full proof. That's a 40% chance, once per round, that he'll return to the game.

Lastly, the 170 point value is just an estimate, not a set in stone amount. If he needs priced up based on how he plays, that's OK. This current design direction encompasses what Jason should play like.
Old November 30th, 2015, 08:41 PM

I like the look of this. If we add a "not in clear sight of an opponent's figure" restriction to Friday the 13th, it will team well with Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma's placement of 5 spaces if he's not within clear sight before moving. It'll set him up nicely. Ideally, you'll want to keep Jason out of sight, "teleporting" from location to location, only popping out when it benefits him to do so. I think that's rather thematic to to the character, rather than him trailing a figure across the board at a slow pace.
@johnny139 @IAmBatman @Viegon @Karat @TrollBrute @SirGalahad

So how do we feel about potentially moving to initials with this:

NAME = Jason Voorhees
SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Slasher
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0
POINTS = 180

KI KI KI, MA MA MA
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. If no figure on that card has clear sight on Jason, you may instead place Jason on any empty space within 5 spaces of his original placement. If Jason ends this move engaged with one or more enemy figures that he was not engaged with at the beginning of this move, you may immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Jason receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not in clear sight of any opponent's figure and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

After initials, we can decide whether it would be best to lower his life, up his points, or both.
Old November 30th, 2015, 08:52 PM

As for figure, I'm thinking the official one would be the one where Jason and Freddy are together, but we'll use them individually. However, they're pretty hard to get, so whatever people can find will likely be the case for most.
Old November 30th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm a bit concerned about him popping out of nowhere and slinging up to 5 unblockable skulls against guys like Superman and Thor... but I'm willing to see how it plays before passing judgement. Otherwise it looks good to me.
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not sure where you're getting 5 unblockable skulls from?

Design looks good. I miss the "blank your attack, take a wound" intimidation factor power, but I realize it's pretty niche, and what you have is nice and elegant.

I suspect his cost will go up quite a bit and agree his life may need to go down.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 1st, 2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not sure where you're getting 5 unblockable skulls from?

Design looks good. I miss the "blank your attack, take a wound" intimidation factor power, but I realize it's pretty niche, and what you have is nice and elegant.

I suspect his cost will go up quite a bit and agree his life may need to go down.
The auto-wound could return, but it'd need to be fused with UR. If people are into that, I'm all for it.
Old December 1st, 2015, 02:17 AM

SP updated. Alright, might as well make this official, and I'm thinking I'd like to start at 200 points and see where he lands, as that's likely a more realistic final point value with the design as-is.

I propose we move to Initial Playtesting at 200:
@IAmBatman
@johnny139
@Viegon
@Karat
@TrollBrute
@SirGalahad
Old December 1st, 2015, 02:29 AM

Here's background card art:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library