Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
glyph of wounding and flying guy movement question

so for the healing glyph and flying guys, so I am engaged with 2 people with Raelin who has 3 wounds on her, so 2 before death. So I move her walking away from just one guy and take the disengage- if he misses that role can I then Fly away ( say to get to the healing glyph that I can only get to by flying? ) , knowing the 2nd guys disengage can not kill me with 2 life.
So can a flying guy first walk and then fly is the question?

What does the glyph of wounding do, I can´t find a 3rd edoition rule book? sorry.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: glyph of wounding and flying guy movement question

You can start or stop flying anytime during your movement. I don't really understand your example though.

From p. 13 of the SotM (3rd Ed.) rulebook:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
At the end of every round, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1, the figure on the glyph receives one wound. If you roll a 2 or higher you may choose an opponent who must give one wound to any figure he or she controls on the battlefield.

Your questions would be much easier to understand if you use proper punctuation and capitalization.

All the rulebooks are in pdf format here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=432

Last edited by Hogg; July 18th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:08 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glyph of Wannok
Roll a d20 at the End (?) of each round. 2 or Higher, opponent picks a figure to receive a wound. On a 1, the glyph holder receives the wound.

I always thought the consensus was that your whole turn must be flying or walking, not a combination.
EDIT: Curse my checking! Hogg, English may not be his main language. I've never talked to Hendal, so I wouldn't know.
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I always thought the consensus was that your whole turn must be flying or walking, not a combination.
From the FAQ:
Quote:
When a flying figure steps off of the glyph of Rannveig, they cannot fly and must walk, but after they take that first step, can they then start to fly since there is no figure on the glyph?
Yes. Flying figures may choose to walk, or fly, but they can also switch how they move mid-turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
You can start or stop flying anytime during your movement. I don't really understand your example though.
In Hendal's example, if Raelin started to fly first, she would be subject to both swipes as soon as she started to fly, which could kill Raelin. By moving away from one first (not flying) while maintaining engagement with the other, she can see if the first swipe hits. If it doesn't, then she can fly away without worry of death because the most wounds she cold take then is one.

Correct me I am misunderstanding, Hendal.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 18th, 2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks R˙chean - you got what I meant, thanks for fast answer - wow getting ready for GenCon is kinda serious, it seemed easier just bring all the stingers that fit on the board.

I have not used the new glyphs much, that is an interesting one? OK, thanks all

thanks Hogg & HE

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I have not used the new glyphs much, that is an interesting one?
Yeah, I really like Wannok. Big thing to remember is that you make the roll at the end of the round (same time as lava damage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:23 AM

jameswards16 is surprisingly tart
Re: Wannok is neat-o!

Indeed, Jexik. Wannok is a very cool glyph, but I almost always forget to roll for it.

-- James
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM

Thewink 45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's