Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 16th, 2008, 05:50 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Re: Emirroon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Personally, I think Elves vs Samurai is going to be one of my first matches once I get Wave 8. One huge map with something like:

[Elf Army]

vs.

[Samurai Army]

Yeah... that ought to do...
Welp, I know now what I'm doing with my first game after getting wave 8.
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

He's an awesome hero, one of the best IMO. Great with the new elves, and dominant with a mixture of the old and the new. He seems to be the "better improved Saylind" to me, but just works with elves. Stats are average, but he has amazing synergy and has a fantastic ability. Overall, I give him an A, awesome. You were right truth, he really does make the elf team crazy good. Can't wait to see the rest of wave 8, it's just top notch so far.
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:34 PM

500points Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:
Personally, I think Elves vs Samurai is going to be one of my first matches once I get Wave 8. One huge map with something like:

Elves

vs.

Kato's men

Yeah... that ought to do...
Absolutely!!
Isn't that battle a given

< Click me Please
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

The fact that you can add 1 to your die roll for each elf is what sells it for me.

Imagine taking your first turn with the Warriors of Ashra, taking three of them out of your start zone and positioning them in a triangle formation. Second order marker: Ulginesh; use mind link to move Arkmer or Jordawn next to the triangle. Next move Emiroon into the middle of the Triangle. He's now next to four elves, and has a 100% chance of summoning at least 1 elf. Use the summoning to summon another wizard, like the defensive elf, or even Ulginesh himself.

As long as you keep elves near him, he already has a good chance of at least bringing one elf closer. Plus, if Arkmer is near him, Emirroon helps with Arkmer's defense.
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM

HeroscapeRulz Woo who?

I think he is amazing! I love all elves! Go elves!

Metroid Prime Hunters Rules! Chaotic Rules!
Heroscape Rules!
If you play Metroid Prime Hunters, Private Message me, and we can exchange friend codes.
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
The fact that you can add 1 to your die roll for each elf is what sells it for me.

Imagine taking your first turn with the Warriors of Ashra, taking three of them out of your start zone and positioning them in a triangle formation. Second order marker: Ulginesh; use mind link to move Arkmer or Jordawn next to the triangle. Next move Emiroon into the middle of the Triangle. He's now next to four elves, and has a 100% chance of summoning at least 1 elf. Use the summoning to summon another wizard, like the defensive elf, or even Ulginesh himself.

As long as you keep elves near him, he already has a good chance of at least bringing one elf closer. Plus, if Arkmer is near him, Emirroon helps with Arkmer's defense.
Don't forget that he also helps J-Dawn's special attack.

All this time waiting for Kato to play my samurais/ashigarus, which will be fun, to get surprised with awesome elf and elf wizard army combinations. Kato and his samus and ashis will have to wait until I play these elves first a few times with different combinations. The whole thing is very well thought out. It all comes together. You can have elf wizard armies, but also elf wizards mixed with non-wizard elves. Now the WoAs and Aubriens are more playable than before and they were nice enough already. You can "invest" 130 points in Arkmer and Emirroon and mix them up with squads of WoAs and Aubriens or with the other wizards.

Something like:
Arkmer 50
Emirroon 80
Aubriens X 3 210
WoA X3 150
Isamu 10

There are many possibilities. The bottom line is that with Emirroon existing elf squads are more playable. It's the "movement bonding" that was missing. That's taken care off in some way. Even Ulgy is a lot more playable than expected. Now bring a nasty heavy hitter or a multi-attacker melee hero and we'll be playing elves all summer. It's not like we won't as it is right now.

Long live synergy! Synergy makes this game fun. Elves had no synergy compared to what they will have starting June 13th (with the exception of the lucky winner.) We'll have a lot of fun with these elves.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
Something like:
Arkmer 50
Emirroon 80
Aubriens X 3 210
WoA X3 150
Isamu 10
How about:
Emirroon 80
Aubriens X 3 210
WoA X3 150
Theracus 40
Kyntella Gwyn 20

Theracus carries Emirroon to height, he summons Gwyn for support, then pulls up Aubriens to attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Just Elves is nice... no Ullar limitation so if Aquilla gets a few elves or there is an evil side-changing (isamu) elf in utgars ranks...
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:15 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?

I think that Emiroon has a range of 1 because of his ability to summon Arkmer to ward off oncoming melee troops. If a melee squad comes forward summon Arkmer and let him engagement strike all melee that try to engage him. With elf summoning you can easily position your best elf units into the best tactical situations like a one hex ravine with Arkmer. You have very few limitations and you can easily do more all the while tricking your opponent with order marker placement.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Interesting ability.
My thoughts exactly. We haven't really seen anything like this, so it should be fun to play and figure out.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Emiroon is definately a great new force for the elven armies. Now, with all of this talk about Chardris, I am going to take a swing:

Fire Strike Special Attack

Range 7, Attack 3

After Chardris uses his Fire Strike Special Attack, he may use it an additional time for every elf adjacent to Chardris, at a maximum of three additional attacks. Chardris may target the same figure or different figures every time he attacks with Fire Strike Special Attack.

Likewise, I still beleive that Chardris has a good chance of being an archmage. But still, if this ability came to realization, he could potentially outdo Major Q9.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This guy may not be the anti-Q9, but he should have some anti-rat potential. Saylind had the ability to maybe yank one friendly figure out of engagement while taking up all of your turn, but now this guy has a more reliable chance of granting disengage to one or more useful figures as half your turn. Unless you can get your rats to Emirroon and lock down the destination spaces as well, he could really hurt you by pulling his ranged attackers away from your Deathreavers (or whatever).

Quote:
Interesting how the summon works. The fewer you CAN summon, the more likely its going to happen. Neat puzzle for probability nuts if nothing else.
I really like that aspect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units