Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old February 3rd, 2023, 03:56 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Superman (Kal-El) (Justice League) - Group POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Super Strength call out instead of Kryptonian could make some sense.
Kryptonians hurting Kryptonians has more to do with the solar energy manipulation and absorption and their interaction with the protective field Kryptonians generate. Not a Super Strength thing. I'd advocate dropping the power entirely before putting a Super Strength clause on their.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

1,2,3 No

4, No but with the understanding that we have some other game balancing function such as MD and Kryptonian, etc.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
Kryptonians hurting Kryptonians has more to do with the solar energy manipulation and absorption and their interaction with the protective field Kryptonians generate. Not a Super Strength thing. I'd advocate dropping the power entirely before putting a Super Strength clause on their.
Naturally. We wouldn't be trying to swap in a different version of the same thematic representation. We'd be representing how Darkseid hits Superman a lot more effectively than Green Arrow does and Super Strength plays a role in that.

It's probably in general a more thematic interaction than Special Attacks, while representing a similar competitive impact.

Though in terms of competitive impact, the one thing I don't love about it is that SS figures usually already have what they need to threaten Superman: a big attack number, whereas special attacks (and auto wounding abilities, to be fair) were often the main hope of mid-level heroes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:12 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
Naturally. We wouldn't be trying to swap in a different version of the same thematic representation. We'd be representing how Darkseid hits Superman a lot more effectively than Green Arrow does and Super Strength plays a role in that.
No, the attack and defense numbers are representing that. Kryptonian resilience is explicitly two-fold, partially the molecular density and partially the protective field. Kryptonian Defense, whether intentional or not, is representing that protective field which would interact with Darkseid just like it would interact with Green Arrow, and would be bypassed by other Kryptonians. Super Strength has nothing to do with that.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:14 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So it's not kosher if I view Man of Steel as how well he's able to resist damage in a general sense?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:20 PM
Book Wyrm

You can view it however you want. I'm just saying in the broader sense, his molecular density strength/resilience is no different than Aquaman's (conceptually) state due to living in Atlantis. There is no special power representing this defense for Aquaman. Naturally, it would lend one to believe that the defensive power is then more a representation of additional power that is the protective field. Which is more about the logic behind the previous statement, not trying to shame someone if they saw it differently as I'm well aware that I probably care far too much about the specifics of Kryptonians for most people's tastes.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:22 PM

I was just trying to offer game balance alternatives that might work better thematically than special attacks.

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:25 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
I was just trying to offer game balance alternatives that might work better thematically than special attacks.
This is a situation where I'll take a status quo "consistency-with-the-previous" wrong over a new wrong.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I honestly have never felt like we can worry too much about the thematics of Special Attacks. Like sure they’re weird, but they’re also really healthy for game balance.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 05:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

maybe we just make Special Attack...Special.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 05:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Ultimately this is a game, not a simulation. Having different mechanics to represent toughness or punches or guns or whatever is part of what makes Heroscape fun, IMO. It doesn’t bother me if we portray Superman’s durability differently than Luke Cage, Goku, or Omni-Man. Lois Lane still gets 1/4 the attack power of Superman so theme isn’t airtight in the game anyway.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 05:34 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Ultimately this is a game, not a simulation. Having different mechanics to represent toughness or punches or guns or whatever is part of what makes Heroscape fun, IMO. It doesn’t bother me if we portray Superman’s durability differently than Luke Cage, Goku, or Omni-Man. Lois Lane still gets 1/4 the attack power of Superman so theme isn’t airtight in the game anyway.
Lois is a very strong woman.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database