Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 25th, 2022, 09:50 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I don’t consider smart choices in design to be “politically correct”. If it was me, I would change the name to Warp Forge and make it so that it sucks in its target and warps it into an alternate dimension. Same battlefield effect, but no worries about tone.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Same reason that in C3G 2.0 we're changing "destroyed" to "incapacitated." No real gameplay difference, but sells the theme of superheroes being superheroes instead of mass murderers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 25th, 2022, 02:11 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I always find the idea of wanting apolitical things hilarious.

There’s no such thing as apolitical, everything has political value small or large. Changing a name is political, as is choosing to not change the name, or just making it have no official name somehow. Any choice made or not made is inherently political because we live in a connected world.

It’s also funny that people desire apolitical things so badly. It’s like having masochism as a religion. I haven’t met a single person who thought the world couldn’t be improved, and yet so many people who think that being apolitical is some kind of virtue. “Oh I don’t want to rock the boat, what if I accidentally make things better?”

Of course this is ignoring the people who claim to be apolitical to avoid having to admit that they just don’t like the politics that’s being shown, but that’s hilarious in it’s own way.

Whatever lets people survive day to day I guess.
Old September 25th, 2022, 02:41 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post

There’s no such thing as apolitical, everything has political value small or large. Changing a name is political, as is choosing to not change the name, or just making it have no official name somehow. Any choice made or not made is inherently political because we live in a connected world.

It’s also funny that people desire apolitical things so badly. It’s like having masochism as a religion. I haven’t met a single person who thought the world couldn’t be improved, and yet so many people who think that being apolitical is some kind of virtue. “Oh I don’t want to rock the boat, what if I accidentally make things better?”

Of course this is ignoring the people who claim to be apolitical to avoid having to admit that they just don’t like the politics that’s being shown, but that’s hilarious in it’s own way.

I absolutely disagree. Everything is NOT political. The definition of political is: relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

Discussing a game’s terminology, which is how this has even popped up in this thread, is not indicative of any political position or political party affiliation, nor is discussing the merits of various names a form of virtue positioning.

Although I find your post compelling, you must be operating under some other definition of “political”.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I think its more of a shift in tone than any specific unit that can be pointed to. Classic was a comic book, the remake is a graphic novel.
Aren't many graphic novels just collections of comic books?
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:20 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

I absolutely disagree. Everything is NOT political. The definition of political is: relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

Discussing a game’s terminology, which is how this has even popped up in this thread, is not indicative of any political position or political party affiliation, nor is discussing the merits of various names a form of virtue positioning.

Although I find your post compelling, you must be operating under some other definition of “political”.
Your definition of political is quite strange. Only relating to the government of a country? What about the governing of a state or a county or a city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
I think its more of a shift in tone than any specific unit that can be pointed to. Classic was a comic book, the remake is a graphic novel.
I’m going to say it. I think the overall appearance of the new units is primarily due to the shift in Bob Naismith’s sculpting style. Just perusing his website is like looking at a bunch of new AoA Heroscape stuff. This is only a hunch, but I’m personally convinced. https://www.bobnaismith.com/

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

Your definition of political is quite strange. Only relating to the government of a country? What about the governing of a state or a county or a city?
Those are still part of the web of governance of a country. My main point is that a discussion between two laypeople about terminology of a kids game is not simply political because “everything is political”. It would only be political if one or more participants specifically makes it so.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting that people still think the 2.0 version is a kids game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:40 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
I have no indication that it is any more complex than the original or that it has content that would make it inappropriate for the original demographic.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:45 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
A collection of previously released comics is called a Trade Paperback. The term Graphic Novel is used loosely and people group TPBs into GNs a lot of the time when they're talking about them.
Old September 25th, 2022, 05:59 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
You may be right...I still think of it as a game for younger folks but if it's going through a kick starter (Haslabs) then only adults can really pick it up.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 25th, 2022 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Of course adults could be buying it for their kids...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion