Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 29th, 2020, 01:51 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Painted my Orchid spell weaver, 3 DnD skeletons and 3 DnD wolves bringing my total to 42 , the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
Nice! Do you play dnd? Ive always wanted to try it out since I have multitudes of minis and terrain. Just never bought the manuals or tried to assemble a gathering of players. I really dig DM scotty on youtube with his gridless approach to it so you dont have to use ugly lines on everything when building terrain. ( I think the same about the heroscape hex tiles nowadays) I used to make a ton of terrain that would be mapped out perfectly to line up with hextiles, it was exhausting, and didnt look nearly as good as terrain without them. I just picked back up the last few nights knocking out more zombicide models. Ive got 24 toxic zombies curing with only a bit of matte clear coat to spray on as well as some blood and slime, then those are finished as well as 18 more seeker zombies Im batch painting tonight. Also finished up 14 survivor models the other day. Puts me up a few as well. Ill update mine later in the week and fix your total. So fun knocking out sets.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 29th, 2020, 02:41 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

I have the DnD boardgames (they come with a ton of models) but I've never been in an actual DnD group. My girlfriend and I drove up to Coeur D' Alene (up in the panhandle) to her parents and I got her old airbrush and man, it makes getting through models a breeze. I've got probably 50 DnD models lined up and some Warhammer (Godsworn Hunt). Now that I have the airbrush I will probably be painting a lot more as it saves so much time priming and basecoating, I'm really excited for it!
Old September 29th, 2020, 04:14 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I have the DnD boardgames (they come with a ton of models) but I've never been in an actual DnD group. My girlfriend and I drove up to Coeur D' Alene (up in the panhandle) to her parents and I got her old airbrush and man, it makes getting through models a breeze. I've got probably 50 DnD models lined up and some Warhammer (Godsworn Hunt). Now that I have the airbrush I will probably be painting a lot more as it saves so much time priming and basecoating, I'm really excited for it!
For sure. I haven't picked up an airbrush yet but do basecoat most of my models with a rattle can as their primer. It saves much time putting down a base color for a model that has that color as a majority. I spent a couple weekends a year ago in the summer priming hundreds and hundreds of models from my boxed sets of different board games. I've still got quite a few more and a bunch of new ones that need primed but I think the ones prepped should take me until at least next spring for sure.

Old September 29th, 2020, 04:39 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Oh wow so you just get to do the fun part for the next 6 months! I totally forgot that I have all of my Arena of the Planswalker pieces to do too which should be a lot of fun, they look pretty bad next to my Heroscape collection.
Old September 29th, 2020, 11:34 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Oh wow so you just get to do the fun part for the next 6 months! I totally forgot that I have all of my Arena of the Planswalker pieces to do too which should be a lot of fun, they look pretty bad next to my Heroscape collection.
I plan on priming up my Arena sets as well. I painted up part of one of my first sets years ago but dont really like their paint jobs and need to finish the other ones so Ill probably prime them all again and paint them. Ive got 2 of each of the 3 sets they came out with. They are down the que a little ways though. Mostly I like to batch prime in summertime though because its not friendly doing that stuff here in Idaho Wintertime. Im sure yours is even worse than mine since you live at the other end of the state. When I do prime and seal in wintertime I do it quickly outside and then bring it inside immediately to cure in front of a portable heater. That helps the paint cure correctly.

Old September 29th, 2020, 03:33 PM

Yeah that's one reason I needed the airbrush because now I can just prime inside and it's not much slower than using a can and you don't have to worry about the accelerant. My set up is just a tiny compressor with a single feed brush but my tattoo artist has a nice dual feed brush he's never used that I am getting this weekend and I am ordering a bit of a more hefty compressor with a tank as well.

I need to check prices but it might be worth it to get another full set of Arena models with Arena of the Valkyrie coming along as well.
Old September 29th, 2020, 03:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Recently got an airbrush and have basecoated a couple times with it. Definitely need more practice since I never can seem to get the consistency right. The compressor doesn't have adjustable pressure either which doesn't help, but it's packed up now due to life and losing the space I had it set up in.

Getting back into my 7th Continent models. For those who don't know, these minis are TINY!

Old October 11th, 2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Recently got an airbrush and have basecoated a couple times with it. Definitely need more practice since I never can seem to get the consistency right. The compressor doesn't have adjustable pressure either which doesn't help, but it's packed up now due to life and losing the space I had it set up in.

Getting back into my 7th Continent models. For those who don't know, these minis are TINY!

Yeah I had to order a new compressor that has adjustable PSI because I was using this cheap little one my girlfriend uses when she does makeup on people and it never sprayed how I wanted it to. I tried thicker and thinner paints tried the "Skim milk" consistency eveyone says to do and nothing worked. Plus, my tattoo artist just gave my a couple of nice Bagder airbrushes and the hose they use doesn't work on that little compressor anyway.

Also, TREX, you are a machine!

~ May you always find water and shade
Old October 11th, 2020, 08:38 PM
"like" happy

Thanks @Figure (the new brunaks?) threw this on facebook. Figured Id share here.

These are the 4 squads of axegrinders I printed and speedpainted in an evening with the droids in the background.

Old September 29th, 2020, 03:42 PM

Wow is that like a 12mm base that's super tiny! Good detail though did you do that under a magnifying glass? I watched an airbrush beginner video by Squidmar, it's about 20 minutes and is really helpful with tips and maintenance for your airbrush. The compresser I am getting is the one he has in the video as my current one also is not adjustable.
Old September 29th, 2020, 04:47 PM
"like" happy

I havent had my 3d printers running much lately for a chance to catch up on some painting but after downloading the latest scans from scapedood I fired up my fdm printer a day or so ago and have been printing tons of scape bases. I cant wait to have free reign on painting a bunch of different scape figures with various colorschemes without altering my original ones. Cant wait to print 5 new fen hydras and paint them all up differently. Im probably going to tweak my resin printer and get it rolling too today.

Old September 30th, 2020, 06:22 PM

Yeah I am super excited to get a 3D printer since I am boycotting buying anything Heroscape at the moment. I am painting a DnD troll model right now (same model as the feral troll) it's going alright but I made a bad wash decision, washing over large flat areas at least I used brown so he could pass as just being dirty. It's ok since I have another troll model so I am just going to do some ink experimenting with this model and maybe start the other one tonight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General