Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

I like the proposed changes to the Drudge's Tunnel ability. Seems more fun and thematic. Good call, Messenger.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; December 25th, 2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:58 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Cool ideas, Messenger. We'll have to think about possibilities to improve the unit thematically.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 12th, 2010, 10:34 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't remember the last time I played on a map that had water on any other levels besides the "0" level. Is that common?

Old December 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I can't remember the last time I played on a map that had water on any other levels besides the "0" level. Is that common?

I wouldnt say common, but I have built/played maps with water being on more than one level. Like having a normal river and then somewhere else on the map having a small pond on some elevated area.
Then again, not sure how many BOV maps would have water on different levels.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
No, it isn't common. That's why I built this:

Over Drudge It (1x SotM)

If the Drudge can't win on that map, they can't win anywhere.

FWIW, I also enjoy that proposal.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Proposal: Add Marro Drudge to non-viable units list.
Marro Drudge? Who are they? j/k

Here's how to fix them (changes are bolded):

Increase Defense to 3.

Reason
: Since they are terrain-dependent you need a fix that increases their effectiveness on all terrain types you are likely to see in a tournament. They still aren't as strong as the Marro Stingers, but they are 50pts cheaper, which might allow you to fit them into an army if you don't have enough points for the Stingers.

Swamp Water Strength:

When a Marro Drudge is on a swamp water space add 1 to its attack and defense. When a Marro Drudge is on a Water Space add 1 to its attack.

Reason
: While Swamp Water is not as prevalent, Water is found on nearly every map. This gives the Marro Drudge greater usability.

Swamp Water Tunnel (similar to Earth Elemental's Underground Movement):

If a Marro Drudge ends it normal movement on a swamp water space, you may immediately place it on any empty (omit: same-level) swamp water space within 5 spaces of that Marro Drudge and that is no higher than 1 level above that Marro Drudge's height or 3 levels below that Marro Drudge's base. If a Marro Drudge is engaged when it starts to tunnel, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Reasoning: The Marro Drudge can now go up or down with its tunnel movement.

I like the Defense 3 and Swamp Water Strength the best. Those two changes would probably put them somewhere in the B category. The Tunnel ability might make them too powerful (?).
I really like these changes. In Swamp Water Strength "When a Marro Drudge is on a Water Space add 1 to its attack" gets away from theme but it makes them a lot more viable, even if they have to stay lower on water to use it. The swamp water changes just makes sense as the Earth Elemental wording could be the new norm for that type of power, although Water Elemental still had the same-level space restriction.

Speaking of Earth Elemental - they also could be on the non-viable list, although maybe they don't really need help, it is just that fire and air elementals are so good that no one uses the earth elemental. A quick fix is to make it 30 points or another fix is to change the ending of Underground movement to "...it will not take any leaving engagement attacks". However I'm not an official member and you already have a few proposals going so you can take my suggestion or leave it.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

In the BoV, "Turret Rocks" and "Quasatch Playground" both have some elevated water, albeit lower than adjacent land. Both Midnight Lagoon and Trouble Once Lurked Beneath have some elevated water around the edges as well (again, lower than the highest spots, but still not level zero). That's all I can think of off the top of my head... so yes, it's pretty rare.
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Speaking of Earth Elemental - they also could be on the non-viable list, although maybe they don't really need help, it is just that fire and air elementals are so good that no one uses the earth elemental. A quick fix is to make it 30 points or another fix is to change the ending of Underground movement to "...it will not take any leaving engagement attacks". However I'm not an official member and you already have a few proposals going so you can take my suggestion or leave it.
Thanks for the suggestions. No one has to be an official member to throw out ideas on this thread and I know that all ideas are considered. People posting odd ideas here and there in the thread has been a great resource for proposals. Our process here takes a little time, so you might not see your ideas talked about right away, but when that unit comes up in the system, we'll take a look at them again.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 13th, 2010, 07:00 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. No one has to be an official member to throw out ideas on this thread and I know that all ideas are considered. People posting odd ideas here and there in the thread has been a great resource for proposals. Our process here takes a little time, so you might not see your ideas talked about right away, but when that unit comes up in the system, we'll take a look at them again.
YES! I've been wondering if this was allowed and I'm very happy that it is!

I think that the shades of bleakwood shuld be added to the list of non-viable units. They're almost good, but not quite there if you ask me.
Old December 24th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking forward to Khosumets turn (as he is a figure I have and rarely ever use).

Maybe Gurie-Oni could use a little TLC from CUC?

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 24th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are the cards on the first page high enough quality for printing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 24th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Looking forward to Khosumets turn (as he is a figure I have and rarely ever use).

Maybe Gurie-Oni could use a little TLC from CUC?
Yeah, Khosumet is a figure that really needs the help. I think I've only dug him out two or three times. We'll get a good fix for him in the future.

Gurie-Oni is right on the border of being viable. He's not a terrible figure and there are several in his point range that are very close to his power. Some day we might find the urge to bump him up, but there are some worse guys out there that need a fix first.

Quote:
Are the cards on the first page high enough quality for printing?
Yeah, I've used those files to print off cards for my own collection. At full size they work well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions