Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old February 1st, 2012, 11:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Gen Con Primer---Call for volunteers

Hey gang...I had mentioned in another thread today something to the effect of putting together some sort of GenCon Primer for new attendees and even return attendees who may not have gotten the full GenCon Experience. I am far from a veteran which is why I am asking those seasoned Gen Con goers...and even those who may have only been there once or twice if you can help out with putting this together. Any advice you can offer would be great...places to eat/not eat...other events to check out...what to pack...pretty much anything. I will then compile it all and put it into one thread here as well as provide a printable PDF version of the guide for folks to print and take with them if they choose.

(for example purposes only)

So with that being said...please email any contributions to this project to me at racnrollgaming@gmail.com ...please make the subject GenConPrimer...also be sure to include your Scaper handle in the email so I know who you are and can put you in the contributors list.

I would like to get this compiled and up by the first week in March if not sooner.

Thanks
Old February 2nd, 2012, 02:27 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con Primer---Call for volunteers

Great idea. I know although I went last year, I could do it better.

My contribution: Don't leave stuff unattended for even a minute - it WILL get taken.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; February 2nd, 2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: I am stupid
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
has been BANNED

Good stuff there Tornado..but I would like to add that reading and following directions are good too..like when someone asks you to email your contributions so it can be compiled.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I think he put it here for reference to Scapers here too.

Alas, I would add something but I think Tornado pretty much covered it.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Good stuff there Tornado..but I would like to add that reading and following directions are good too..like when someone asks you to email your contributions so it can be compiled.

Remember when I said you make it really hard not to like you, problem solved.
Sorry, that is twice now I jumped the gun on a Gen Con post. Can you tell I am over excited? I will make the proper adjustments.

E-mail sent, previous post now in a spoiler, unless you want it deleted Onacara, just let me know.

I would like to read what you have to say MegaSilver (my first opponent at Gen Con).

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; February 2nd, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I think he put it here for reference to Scapers here too.

Alas, I would add something but I think Tornado pretty much covered it.

The compiled primer will be for Scapers...but will be organized based on subject so its easy to reference on the go...ie some of the info will only be useful once you are there
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I would like to read what you have to say MegaSilver (my first opponent at Gen Con).
Use the Warriors of Ashra and Q9 to beat Zombies.

Really, the main thing would to make sure your armies are organized well in advance of the tournament, and be able to pick up and move your figures quickly from the map to your container so that you can keep the tourney moving (and get in line to watch the next postings and talk to fellow Scapers.)

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 2nd, 2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Don't worry Onacara, I will e-mail this soon.
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM

How is this coming along Onacara? I was considering sending you some more info if this is still going to happen.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
has been BANNED

Send away....its in progress
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hate to sound like I'm being pushy, but I haven't seen any recent posts in this thread, and I'm wondering how the primer is coming along. I'm heading to Gencon with my son this year for our first time, and I'm concerned that it will be pretty overwhelming for us.

I know there's still plenty of time until the convention, but we're pretty eager, and I thought having a primer might help our decisions in May when the events open up for registration. If a primer isn't available by then, any advice is welcome (not an attempt to hijack the thread )

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con