Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 26th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played a couple of games of King of Tokyo with the Panda expansion. I loved this game before the expansion, but the expansion is great.

Thanksgiving weekend games:
Ticket to Ride x2
King of Tokyo x2
Munchkin
Heroscape x3
Thomas the Train game x3 (this one had to get dusted off first )
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Belfort and 10 Days in the USA over the Holiday weekend.

-insert signature here-
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played a couple of games of King of Tokyo with the Panda expansion. I loved this game before the expansion, but the expansion is great.

Thanksgiving weekend games:
Ticket to Ride x2
King of Tokyo x2
Munchkin
Heroscape x3
Thomas the Train game x3 (this one had to get dusted off first )
That one is a true classic of the Ameritrash genre, full of tactical decisions and player elimination.

I failed to mention our couple of rounds of Clue, Jr during the holidays as well, as we strove to determine the culprit in the Case of the Missing Cake.

On a different note: (this isn't a game I played, but one I will play) Fantasy
Flight is having a pretty good Christmas sale right now. I picked up Horus Heresy for $25 (rather than $70+) and the Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus for $20 (rather than $50). They appear to have some decent titles still available, so check it out if anyone is interested.
Old November 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Flight is having a pretty good Christmas sale right now. I picked up Horus Heresy for $25 (rather than $70+) and the Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus for $20 (rather than $50). They appear to have some decent titles still available, so check it out if anyone is interested.
Yes, and they have a huge discount on Tannhauser (umlaut not included) stuff other than the most recent two figure expansions. I have the base game with revised rules plus the Novgorod expansion, but I could never justify paying so much to catch up with the rest as the character expansions are incredibly expensive (imo). Seeing this sale, I decided to take the plunge, as I'm extremely weak when it comes to having everything. So now I'll have a complete set of a game I never actually play.
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played another game of Mice & Mystics yesterday with one of my daughters, but we didn't make it through chapter 3 this time. Hopefully next time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Seeing this sale, I decided to take the plunge, as I'm extremely weak when it comes to having everything. So now I'll have a complete set of a game I never actually play.
I know exactly what you mean. I have quite a collection of games that I never actually play, and I keep adding to it. I can't help myself!
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I have quite a collection of games that I never actually play, and I keep adding to it. I can't help myself!
Dagnabit! We actually need to get together and play these games, since I too belong to this ignominious group of completionists.
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Played another game of Mice & Mystics yesterday with one of my daughters, but we didn't make it through chapter 3 this time. Hopefully next time.
Chapter 3 is tough but just wait until Chapter 4.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Chapter 4's not a cakewalk either eh Rob?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Chapter 4's not a cakewalk either eh Rob?
My group made it to the end of 3 but lost but since we almost completed it we just went ahead to 4. Bad mistake, you need extra equipment.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:32 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Quote:
Yes, and they have a huge discount on Tannhauser (umlaut not included) stuff other than the most recent two figure expansions. I have the base game with revised rules plus the Novgorod expansion, but I could never justify paying so much to catch up with the rest as the character expansions are incredibly expensive (imo). Seeing this sale, I decided to take the plunge, as I'm extremely weak when it comes to having everything. So now I'll have a complete set of a game I never actually play.
Ditto... I have the base game, revised rules, Novgorod, and the first 4-5 figure expansions. I scooped up everything else I was missing. Now if only they could do that with Dust Tactics...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Got the kids to play Smash Up tonight.

Good news/bad news: The advantages over Munchkin are obvious; it only takes about 30 minutes with the three of us and it never drags.

The bad news is I won again, which is not a good omen for future willingness to play.

I shredded with a Zombie/Trickster deck; it may be the most powerful combination I've used.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games