Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM

Madd_Mugsy has disabled reputation
New Article on Fortress: Ameritrash

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so admins feel free to remove it if it is :P

There's a new article about Heroscape on Fortress: Ameritrash, called Heroscape: Off to the House That Garfield Built:

http://fortressat.com/index.php?opti...153&Itemid=190

It raises concerns about the move to WOTC and the very real possibility that Heroscape has jumped the shark.
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: New Article on Fortress: Ameritrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd_Mugsy
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so admins feel free to remove it if it is :P

There's a new article about Heroscape on Fortress: Ameritrash, called Heroscape: Off to the House That Garfield Built:

http://fortressat.com/index.php?opti...153&Itemid=190

It raises concerns about the move to WOTC and the very real possibility that Heroscape has jumped the shark.
No shark jumping yet, in my opinion.
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM

Madd_Mugsy has disabled reputation
Well, they're all predicting doom and gloom over there anyway.
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
Shees, someone from here should tell those GOTHS whats REALLY happening!

Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101

Bravey
Ya! I nominate you! Since you "know" what's going on.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:

Bravey
We do have Mr. Barclay here talking with us, you know.....
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Sorry to say I agree with most of their opinions. In the Q&A thread when they said they would nix Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle as shown at Gen-Con and what their doing with the desert pack WOTC has earned my ire

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM

MeanBone has disabled reputation
What it looks like to me.

The fans of the game clearly were allowed to believe that Heroscape was on the way to the scrap heap. The big box stores seemed to be under the same impression (clearance sales). Now WOTC comes to the "rescue" so the fans will appreciate that at least the game isn't being discontinued. Basically, Hasbro is just shifting the game in house while raising prices.

That's fine with me, better than dumping Heroscape, but worse than things were before.
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:

Bravey
We do have Mr. Barclay here talking with us, you know.....
Do you think GB doesn't know this? Really? You must have no clue about Grungebob.

GB is as important to this place as truth. I assure you, he is fully aware of what is going on.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
While the article is clearly biased, I find its content to ring true. The author seems to have a fair and diverse amount of gaming experience. Despite its pessimistic tone, I did appreciate the perspective that Heroscape was a marvel (pun?) at lasting as long as it did.

I envision a slow Heroscape death, similar to a terminal disease. There are a lot of products to hit the shelves that have already been developed by the original design team. I expect those to be stellar. The marketing and distribution of those products remain in doubt. Once we get into the 2009 line up, things could go south.
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What it looks like to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBone
The fans of the game clearly were allowed to believe that Heroscape was on the way to the scrap heap. The big box stores seemed to be under the same impression (clearance sales). Now WOTC comes to the "rescue" so the fans will appreciate that at least the game isn't being discontinued.
I hardly think a small ticket item like Heroscape (when compared to Magic, D&D, and what not) would generate the kind of conspiracy you're talking about. Hasbro, as a company has never been one for communication with its fans, and I'm sure that is all that's happening here.
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM

MeanBone has disabled reputation
No conspiracy

It's not a "conspiracy" when one company is deciding how to transition its own product. A conspiracy would have to involve multiple entities.

This appears to be some in-house indecision about whether to end a product line, followed by a decision to change how Heroscape will be marketed in an effort to make it more profitable.

I'm sure the powers-that-be at Hasbro understand the fact that fans were left to wonder if the game was being killed off, and now many fans are at least somewhat happy that it isn't. No doubt Hasbro also hopes that makes price increases a little easier to swallow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News