Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Reaper Minis Kickstarter !!

Who knows, C3V may use some for something.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think they prefer minis that are already painted.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds like a great idea!! Im in!
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

The Haunts and Fire it Up won't need any painting.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, just stumbled across this thread today, though I pledged ages ago.

First of all, this is a really useful resource for this Kickstarter. Someone went through and linked each mini to the original metal one, or to the appropriate concept art or green.

Anyway, I love the idea of a community customs project based around these figures. Even if the C3V rejects their unpaintedness, there's no reason an independent project couldn't be supported. Some of these would lend themselves really easily to squads, like the NOVA troops or IMEF Marines, or the orcs. Others are really unique and evocative hero-types.

Really though, I just want to see stats for that clockwork dragon.
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
Hey, just stumbled across this thread today, though I pledged ages ago.

First of all, this is a really useful resource for this Kickstarter. Someone went through and linked each mini to the original metal one, or to the appropriate concept art or green.

Anyway, I love the idea of a community customs project based around these figures. Even if the C3V rejects their unpaintedness, there's no reason an independent project couldn't be supported. Some of these would lend themselves really easily to squads, like the NOVA troops or IMEF Marines, or the orcs. Others are really unique and evocative hero-types.

Really though, I just want to see stats for that clockwork dragon.
Awesome! Great to know we have another interested party in a Kickstarter customs project. I picked up the clockwork dragon myself so I'd definitely be keen on seeing a card for him. I also just love the variety of minis we got from this deal. We have some sci-if units, some fantasy units, and even some modern zombie hunters. It's a great fit for Heroscapes' battle of all time.
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Anyone get theirs yet? I only got a few add-ons to I was thinking it might come at the end of April or early May.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They're on a week-and-a-half shipping hiatus for Reapercon right now. Thus far, no add-ons have been shipped that weren't paints, cases, or extras of things that were in the basic Vampire package. The "Big 3" (Cthulhu, Kaladrax, and Nethyrmaul) will bump your package especially far back in the order, since they will necessitate moving up to a larger box. However, I believe that all the plain Vampire orders have already shipped.
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:18 AM
C3G Landlord

I received my package on Tuesday, took it over to my friends house who I split the bill with and opened it last night. We held a 'draft' where we split the collection up. It really is a ton of minis so I'm actually pretty happy that we split it. Even if I lost out on some sculpts that were pretty great, I got a ton of really fantastic stuff. Really great details on a lot of the figures.

I did have one problem with the order though, the Clockwork Dragon is missing a leg. I sent them a message today about it via the kickstarter page and will let you know how it gets settled.

The stuff they used in these molds is a rubber like material. Some of the blades/spears/guns/etc. are bent similar to how the Heroscape figures weapons can get. I will need to figure out how to reposition a few of them so if anyone has any tips on doing so at some point please let me know. I figured I would try the boiling & then freezing method that others reported using on Heroscape minis but since it seems to be a different material I don't know if that will work or not.
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Old and Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I received my package on Tuesday, took it over to my friends house who I split the bill with and opened it last night. We held a 'draft' where we split the collection up. It really is a ton of minis so I'm actually pretty happy that we split it. Even if I lost out on some sculpts that were pretty great, I got a ton of really fantastic stuff. Really great details on a lot of the figures.

I did have one problem with the order though, the Clockwork Dragon is missing a leg. I sent them a message today about it via the kickstarter page and will let you know how it gets settled.

The stuff they used in these molds is a rubber like material. Some of the blades/spears/guns/etc. are bent similar to how the Heroscape figures weapons can get. I will need to figure out how to reposition a few of them so if anyone has any tips on doing so at some point please let me know. I figured I would try the boiling & then freezing method that others reported using on Heroscape minis but since it seems to be a different material I don't know if that will work or not.
They may not check the KS page terribly often; they're pretty busy! Email questions@reapermini.com if you don't get an answer soon.

Yes, boiling Bones works great! Over on the Reaper forums we have it down to a science. Just stick the figure in boiling water for a minute or so (don't worry; water can't hurt them, no matter how hot it is) then immediately move it to ice water to shock it into its new position.

Also, if you plan to paint them, be sure to wash them thoroughly with soap and water beforehand, to get rid of any lingering mold release agent or oils from your fingers, etc.

Last edited by Fuzzie Fuzz; July 2nd, 2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Wrong email address
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks for the tips!
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My brother got his vampire pledge a few months ago, I added a bunch of stuff ( cant remember what, but now I regret the clockwork dragon I do not think was one of them)

I cant wait to see the larger figures, I need to look for a gallery of already painted figures to get ideas on how to do the color schemes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion